The East Fife Thread

18 minutes ago, Threeattheback said:

Alright guys, fantastic victory yesterday. Fair enjoyed my first trip to Methil.

I have a question. When East Fife won eight games in a row last season, was that some sort of record? Had a quick google and all that comes up is you smashing Raith's home record last season.

Cheers

Seem to remember something about it being the best run of competitive victories in 50 odd years but I don't think it was a club record.

Seem to remember something about it being the best run of competitive victories in 50 odd years but I don't think it was a club record.

^^^ This!!!
Angus is the boy to tell you what the actual record is though!!!

1 hour ago, Threeattheback said:

Alright guys, fantastic victory yesterday. Fair enjoyed my first trip to Methil.

I have a question. When East Fife won eight games in a row last season, was that some sort of record? Had a quick google and all that comes up is you smashing Raith's home record last season.

Cheers

That particular winning streak was our best in all competitions since 1961. Hope you enjoyed your day...

5 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Well you managed to end the weekend on a downer Ewan cheers!!!
God, I still miss that place!!!emoji22.png

Just wondering,  because I can’t find any decent interior pictures, how did they ever get over 22,000 in there for a Raith/East Fife fixture?

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Just wondering,  because I can’t find any decent interior pictures, how did they ever get over 22,000 in there for a Raith/East Fife fixture?

Folk were smaller back in those days.

Biggest crowd I personally saw in there was for a friendly with Man Utd for Jimmy Bonthrone's testimonial. Probably less than half of the 22k and it felt pretty packed.

In 1950, when the record attendance at Bayview was set, the terracing was significantly bigger at the north and east sides of the grounds. When the covered enclosure was built in 1967 the height of the terracing was reduced, affecting the overall capacity.

In 1970 at a Scottish Cup quarter final against Dundee the official attendance was given as just under 15,000, although there were claims that the crowd was much bigger as some spectators watched the game in front of the perimeter fence.

When the terracing was fully concreted in 1981 the capacity was reduced further after the height of the terracing was again shortened...

How's the heids lads? 

Great win on Saturday. Higgins and Wallace were insanely good, but there weren't too many failures across the board. It's a shame Hart made the error for the goal, as he was doing a good job of making me look a fud with that kind of performance. I think Long needs to get a look in soon, no point having two keepers competing for the jersey if one won't get a chance. Hope Duggan can get back ASAP also, Tonks was great at the weekend but he was absolutely done after 60 minutes! Dunsmore, again, fantastic, fast becoming a bit of a cult hero tbh. Another great crowd at Bayview, performances like that will hopefully keep encouraging people to come back. 

On the chat of capacity can all the people who came to the game please continue to do so. The players clearly noticed how good the crowd was going by Dunlop's interview so it would be great to get everyone back again every fortnight.

A few massive games coming up
Forfar on Saturday (someone is going top of the league)
Montrose the following Saturday (bottom with a solitary point)
Then a huge home game against Dumbarton (currently joint top)

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Folk were smaller back in those days.

Biggest crowd I personally saw in there was for a friendly with Man Utd for Jimmy Bonthrone's testimonial. Probably less than half of the 22k and it felt pretty packed.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

There were turnstiles at the four corners of the ground.

It's a shame Hart made the error for the goal, as he was doing a good job of making me look a fud with that kind of performance. I think Long needs to get a look in soon, no point having two keepers competing for the jersey if one won't get a chance. Another great crowd at Bayview, performances like that will hopefully keep encouraging people to come back. 

Like I have said before, I'll back the team no matter what and try to be positive with any criticism but Jordan still doesn't instill much confidence in me at times. Was their second goal deflected as it seemed to just trickle by Jordan to end up in the back of the net. He is a good talker but when he shouts it's his then makes a howler, you're watching through your hands for the rest of the game at times. Hopefully Brett gets a chance soon.

Can only echo the comments about the crowd on Saturday, to get that at every home game would be amazing for the club, my 14 year old son said that was his favourite derby for atmosphere and gubbing of them...so far!

Having watched the Raith highlights it did look like a massive case of “chocolate wrists” from Jordan for Raith’s 2nd, it did look an easy ball to not only save but to gather as well, but I’m no keeper!!!

Apart from that incident, I honestly don’t think Jordan has really done anything wrong in any if his games and has also pulled off some amazing saves, I can think of two worldies at Tannadice for a start!!!

I don’t think he has done anything to merit being dropped and I’m afraid that Brett is just going to have to bide his time as we know that DY won’t change a winning side, so barring any cards or absolute clangers from Jordan, he IS our No.1 for the foreseeable!!!

Personally I would prefer to have Brett there but Jordan has proved to be a more than capable deputy!!!