The East Fife Thread

I agree, Brett Long is as good a keeper as we've had in years, and would have him as number 1. (Hart has proved to be a decent understudy though) I hope I'm not reading too much into his absence but, he's a young lad from Northern Ireland, who's come to Scotland to presumably try to carve out a career in the game. He started with Motherwell, then Dundee Utd who released him before he came to us. In his interview in the programme last season, he said he still lived in Motherwell and found the distance a bit much. Ever since Airdrie announced their decision to go full-time, I've had a worry, he might end up there, especially how they've previous for unsettling our players in recent years. Fingers crossed it is just a badly timed holiday though!

Hart has been good this season but Long is the better keeper all round imo, don’t think he has done anything to deserve being dropped, in fact I think he’s the best keeper we’ve had in a looong time!!!

Agreed- cant have a player going on holiday during the season- plenty time to have those during the summer break. Cant blame the manager here- needs to start with the goal keeper that will be available on a Saturday.

Fear there must be more to all this and this worries me as believe he is our best keeper.

Guest TOPFITTER

Agreed- cant have a player going on holiday during the season- plenty time to have those during the summer break. Cant blame the manager here- needs to start with the goal keeper that will be available on a Saturday.

Fear there must be more to all this and this worries me as believe he is our best keeper.

Brett Long is the best keeper we've had in yonks, so I hope it's nothing more sinister than a holiday which would be a bit weird in itself.

If Airdrieonians have had their fingers in about the East Fife pot once again, I for one will be an absolute seething mess, inclusive of tears and snotters. 

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Jesus lads, relax.
We've about 4 goalkeepers on the books and Hutton's really only had about 1 or 2 "calamities" since he signed.
If some things amiss, we ain't involved.

We're still awaiting an apology for whatever you did with Pagey... 

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Its us who are due the apology IMO.
Done you a favour. Waste of space emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Tbf a couple of Airdrie players wasted a career playing in a diamond top conroy was another. If you go to penny cars stadium (whatever its called) you must wonder wtf am I doing here I don't blame pagey there but at the same time he had a poor season that season he moved to lanarkshire. Going be a great battle for 5th and 6th for both of our clubs thankfully Ian Murray cleared the squad rooster with ex East Fifers at a total zero #TheBattleCommence

6 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Legend!!!

By all accounts it seems Mr long is desperate to quit Methil. The gesture above was misinterpreted at the time, looking back he was clearly appealing to the Raith support saying "get me tae f**k out this shithole"😂

Edited by Scottydog

On 20/08/2019 at 11:39, Big Fifer said:

Brett Long is the best keeper we've had in yonks, so I hope it's nothing more sinister than a holiday which would be a bit weird in itself.

If Airdrieonians have had their fingers in about the East Fife pot once again, I for one will be an absolute seething mess, inclusive of tears and snotters. 

East Fife = #1 Airdrie Feeder Club 😆

On 22/08/2019 at 07:32, Life on Marrs? said:

If you lot are apoplectic with rage everytime  brett raises his arms, he's not going to be the keeper for you! 

He's a goalkeeper, I'd be even madder if he didn't raise his arms.

2 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

He's a goalkeeper, I'd be even madder if he didn't raise his arms.

Have you lot not had issues with that in recent seasons???