The East Fife Thread

Looking forward to seeing all the new fans that were there today next Saturday for the Airdrie game. (please come back)
If 1000 of us turn up every week then we might have a club worth shouting a bit louder about (as we defo have a club to shout about and the extra voices will help)
We might even be able to afford some other facilities due to extra income.

Wasn’t to be today, think the players can hold their heads high after that. Competed for the majority of the game against a team whose most recent signing could probably buy the club itself.
The goals aside from Defoe’s turn and finish were both poor to lose but I hope we learn from them.
Man of the match for me was Murdoch, thought he had a tremendous game. Time to focus on the league, some massive games coming up

Better teams than us will face / have faced bigger defeats than that from a class team.

As said really disappointed in the two goals we conceded- we need to improve ( again) on our defending from corners and free kicks. Both our goal keepers are excellent shot stoppers but their lack in height does give us a challenge in games ahead.

We should be proud of our cup campaign - i do think we played better against Dundee Utd and Hearts- we did get the ball quicker to the forwards from midfield but we were playing against a higher quality of opposition today.

Now onto the league- big games ahead

Reading Scott's post a couple of days ago, do we reckon there's any scope for opening up the sides of the pitch for some terracing/standing? It's difficult for the board as I understand why they won't do it, it won't make us any more money, but yesterday was crying out for a bit of terracing to increase the numbers and to generate a bit more buzz about the ground.

On yesterday I thought we held our own throughout the game. Defoe's movement is ridiculous so any league 1 centre half was going to struggle and Rangers are a really strong physical team so were able to control the midfield throughout. Haven't seen too much of Murdoch since he joined, was very impressed with him. It takes a good player to displace League 1's most handsome defender but he was absolutely everywhere yesterday, tacking anyone who came near him.

Only changes I'd make would be centre half and in goals. I'm desperate to like Higgins but I struggle with him. He was made to look far worse yesterday than he was though, 2/3 mistakes in the last 3rd of the game from him were because of poor passes to his feet that put him massively under pressure. Harts distribution was a bit confusing at times as he often did this to other players, trying to distribute quickly but just ended up putting players under pressure. I'd rather we got Long and Janny back in.

Anyway big shout to the board and volunteers for the way yesterday was run, must've been hefty stressful, from the outside it all went off without a hitch. Was looking about yesterday and the amount of people that lend a hand at our club is fantastic and I know a lot have done it for a long time, having to tolerate the foaming at the mouth nonsense that many including myself post on a fitba forum. Fair play to all involved, keep up the good work!

Does anybody know what is going on with Long? Understandably missed the midweek due to being on holiday but why was he not in the squad for yesterday? Hoping there hasn't been some fallout behind the scenes as he is a keeper we need to do our best to hold on to. 

Echo big Fifer's word about the board and the volunteers, thought the organisation of the game was superb. 

Does anybody know what is going on with Long? Understandably missed the midweek due to being on holiday but why was he not in the squad for yesterday? Hoping there hasn't been some fallout behind the scenes as he is a keeper we need to do our best to hold on to. 
Echo big Fifer's word about the board and the volunteers, thought the organisation of the game was superb. 
I too hope there hasnt been any kind of fall out as for me, I would prefer to have Brett starting. No offence to Hart but yesterday's second half performance highlighted some of his weaknesses.

Ticket Arrangements for Fife Derby - 31st August

Details
 Created: 19 August 2019

Our Ladbrokes League One match against Raith Rovers takes place on Saturday 31st August at the Locality Hub Bayview Stadium. This game has been confirmed as being all ticket and the following ticket arrangements will apply.

Ticket Prices

Adults - £15

*Concessions (Over 60s/Students) - £12

*Under 16s - £5

Parent & child - £18

Parent & 2 Children - £21

*Proof of eligibility may be requested

Season Ticket Holders

Match tickets will be available for collection from this Tuesday (20th August) from the club office during normal office hours and on home match days. Season ticket holders should bring along match voucher no. 3 from their season ticket booklet. Your ticket will be held in the office and can be collected any time before kick off on 31st August.

Season ticket holders can also purchase additional ticket from Tuesday (20th August). Please have your season ticket available.

If any season ticket holders do not intend to use their ticket, we would ask them to let us know as soon as possible.

Supporters Club Members

Supporters Club members are invited to purchase tickets from this Tuesday (20th August). Tickets can be purchased during normal office hours and from the reception on home match days. Please have you Supporters Club Membership card available.

General Sale

Any remaining tickets for the home end will go on general sale from Monday 26th August from 10 am.

Any queries drop us an email or give us a call.

CLUB

Latest news and match reports from East Fife FC
Ticket information and prices for season 2019/2020
See our great hospitality and commercial offers available at Bayview.
Browse the official East Fife Football Club online store

CONTACT DETAILS

CALL US

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/fife/67900/state-of-the-art-stadium-plans-confirmed-by-east-fife/

Anyone ever remember what happened to this? Was quite exciting at the time but just disappeared. I assume the land swap thing with Muir homes refers to where all the houses have been built at Castlefleurie. Christ, this would have been good!

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/fife/67900/state-of-the-art-stadium-plans-confirmed-by-east-fife/

Anyone ever remember what happened to this? Was quite exciting at the time but just disappeared. I assume the land swap thing with Muir homes refers to where all the houses have been built at Castlefleurie. Christ, this would have been good!

I think that main problem was that the land at the power station/Bayview was earmarked by the Council as Commercial land as opposed to housing land which Muirs would have wanted.

Muirs deal with commercial too. They build alot of aldis and we are building a business park in Glasgow with them just now.

I think that main problem was that the land at the power station/Bayview was earmarked by the Council as Commercial land as opposed to housing land which Muirs would have wanted.

18 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Muirs deal with commercial too. They build alot of aldis and we are building a business park in Glasgow with them just now.

Think that Muirs wanted to build flats similar to those at Kirkcaldy Harbour.

I might be wrong but I would have expected land values at Power Station/ Bayview to have increased with the news that the railway line to Leven has been given the go- ahead.This MAY result in our illustious owner who I understand not only owns the land previously owned by EFFC but also the land at the Power Station to consider selling at some point in the future.

Seems a bit wrong for a Professional Footballer to organise his holidays during the season, part-time or not, really hope there isn’t more to this!!!

I too hope there hasnt been any kind of fall out as for me, I would prefer to have Brett starting. No offence to Hart but yesterday's second half performance highlighted some of his weaknesses.

Hart has been good this season but Long is the better keeper all round imo, don’t think he has done anything to deserve being dropped, in fact I think he’s the best keeper we’ve had in a looong time!!!

19 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Seems a bit wrong for a Professional Footballer to organise his holidays during the season, part-time or not, really hope there isn’t more to this!!!

Hart has been good this season but Long is the better keeper all round imo, don’t think he has done anything to deserve being dropped, in fact I think he’s the best keeper we’ve had in a looong time!!!

Last season Brett lost his place after the rovers game through suspension .His replacement  was terrible against Airdrie but still kept his place for a few weeks after that.Brett should have been back in long before he did.This season I hope if players have a poor game they are dropped to allow others the chance.Watsons another player who was great against Dundeeutd but has not been in the team since.Not having a go at the manager.

Last season Brett lost his place after the rovers game through suspension .His replacement  was terrible against Airdrie but still kept his place for a few weeks after that.Brett should have been back in long before he did.This season I hope if players have a poor game they are dropped to allow others the chance.Watsons another player who was great against Dundeeutd but has not been in the team since.Not having a go at the manager.
Watson going to struggle getting the RB role back. Thought Murdoch was on wee of our best players on the park against Rangers, apart from the time Billy Whizz took off and left him standing. But don't think anyone would have caught him.