The East Fife Thread

5 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

The manager has freshened the squad up and by the sounds of things the players who came in didn’t perform so won’t get back into the team for a while.

Had we played our strongest team and picked up injuries then there would be seethe on here asking why are we risking our better players? It’s not the end of the world that we are out of this cup, much bigger games to come.

So as an example the youngster brought in up front didn’t perform ?  He got no support from mid-field, he got no support from Kevin who arguably should not have been on the park as he was so far off the pace.  

All in all a dismal night at Bayview made even worse by not getting a Carmel Wafer.

On another note, we'll done to our ex player Johnny Page for a goal on your Brechin debut, then again you're a defender for a side that's just conceded 5 at home! Also Scott Reekie, whom we had on trial over the summer joins an elite club of players to get a hat-trick and still be on the losing side. 

On 09/08/2019 at 21:05, sirscottyoung said:

If they are then you have just broken it to everyone?

On 09/08/2019 at 21:05, sirscottyoung said:

If they are then you have just broken it to everyone?

lockquote widget

4 hours ago, sneed hearn said:

An awful display.Dont blame the young lads that came in.They got no help at all..The attitude of most of the senior players was poor,particularly those who have not been regular starters.Perhaps the squad isn’t as strong as we all thought.

It was a poor display, but bear in mind there were 5 outfield changes to the team, 3 of which were young and relatively inexperienced at this level.  They were certainly not to blame because of that, so if the manager wants to give them game time, it is unfair on any player to be expected to shine when playing in a team with 5 changes and with other newcomers.  A young player, or any new player for that matter, should be given game time when possible, in a full strength team and judged on how well he plays within that team, not a weakened team.

No one is blaming the performances of the younger players.

The concern is the performances of the senior players who have played hundreds of games at senior level-the same experienced players who should be pushing to get a starting place on Sunday. Of course there were changes from Saturday-nevertheless those players brought in should have been able to compete against a competent Albion. Creativity Zilch-Forward play-Zilch.The only player I would absolve from any criticism is the much maligned Higgins, possibly our most consistent player of the season.

Like many fans , I really thought we had a strong pool of players. After last night's performance, I am not so sure.

Very disappointing performance last night, not much energy about the team in the first half- better in the second but their second goal came at a bad time.

Higgins, Hunter, Watson and McConville only ones with pass marks for me. Wide players offered zero as did the front two- I think the instant impact of Dowds on the pitch highlighted this.

Anyway, never too low at a loss and never too high at a win! Heads up and lets move on...

SS

Very disappointing performance last night, not much energy about the team in the first half- better in the second but their second goal came at a bad time.
Higgins, Hunter, Watson and McConville only ones with pass marks for me. Wide players offered zero as did the front two- I think the instant impact of Dowds on the pitch highlighted this.
Anyway, never too low at a loss and never too high at a win! Heads up and lets move on...

SS

Not too bothered anout being out of the competition to be honest but a bit concerned to be losing to stirling albion and Cowdenbeath and struggling against stenhousmuir, its all very well playing well against hearts and dundee utd but we need to show that we can play well against any opposition not just raise pur game for the bigger teams, seems to be a trend that started last season in the irn bru cup playing well against full time teams snd struggling against teams in our own league. Need to see what the form is like after sundays match

5 hours ago, lukejoaitken said:

Think I would agree, perhaps Dowds for Wallace but happy with either

I hope darren is brave and plays 442 which has worked for us in the past. Wallace and dowds together will be crucial for us. Saying that, Dowds is most effective when hes up against a tired defence. 

Edited by MethilMink

5 hours ago, Moonball said:

Has made two sub appearances for us on trial and managed an assist in the first. How was he for you guys?

Thought the guy maybe had a chance to shine with us reminds me of a tall templeman kind of guy but robert wasnt signed up until two years ago under DY for 6 months towards the end of 2017/18 season, think his debut was in fact at stair Park where he was an impact signing in his first game but we had him earlier on our books in fact under Gary Naysmith where he was on trail then nothing came of it and thought he would do great in the league below with albion at one stage hopefully he gets his chance under Farrell. Think when he was with us his lack of experience and goals was the problem for not breaking into the team but he's quick hopefully it's a striker you lot need. Good luck to the boy. 

I hope darren is brave and plays 442 which has worked for us in the past. Wallace and dowds together will be crucial for us. Saying that, Dowds is most effective when hes up against a tired defence. 

Dont think tiredness will come into it- they seem on fire and full of confidence and giving teams a good beating.

All the odds are against us, we have nothing to lose-so hope we go for it and stick to our usual shape of 2 up front- not a time for experiments. Our best performance so far this year was against Dundee Utd- playing conservatively but with 2 up front.