The East Fife Thread

More than likely work related

Back four of Watson, Dunlop, Higgins & #PatSlat, McConville, central midfield beside Hunter!!!
Only 5 starters from Saturday, the joys of having a decent sized squad, but no Long,thought he would have got a start and he’s not even on the bench, anybody know what’s up with him???

Losing to a team that has Paul Willis in it is unacceptable...

I like that we’ve given the younger players a chance and not too bothered if we go out, I think the Cup games took their toll on the squad in the second half of last season.

Are you guys struggling there... 🤣🤣[emoji322][emoji322]🤣🤣

Not at all, just treating this Cup with the contempt it deserves!!!

Not at all, just treating this Cup with the contempt it deserves!!!
Sorry KK, but I have to disagree. At our level, this is the only cup that we have any realistic hope of winning. I'd rather we put a weakened squad out on Sunday.!

That's 2 teams from League 2 played, lost both and couldn't score. Now I'm not questioning commitment, bit I do question respect.

3 teams.
2-0 loss away to cowden
2-0 win to stenny
2-0 loss to stirling albion

Sorry KK, but I have to disagree. At our level, this is the only cup that we have any realistic hope of winning. I'd rather we put a weakened squad out on Sunday.!

That's 2 teams from League 2 played, lost both and couldn't score. Now I'm not questioning commitment, bit I do question respect.

Only 5 starters from Saturday, the joys of having a decent sized squad, but no Long,thought he would have got a start and he’s not even on the bench, anybody know what’s up with him???

Word has it that Brett is on a short holiday.

Completely disagree. I don’t spend money and follow EF to see us humiliated by possibly the worst team in the leagues.

Forget the diddy  cup nonsense, it’s the only one EF have any chance of winning so why surrender. It was a game of football to be won but ended as an embarrassing defeat. 

A night of self inflicted bad selections and bad performances no more,no less.

Completely disagree. I don’t spend money and follow EF to see us humiliated by possibly the worst team in the leagues.
Forget the diddy  cup nonsense, it’s the only one EF have any chance of winning so why surrender. It was a game of football to be won but ended as an embarrassing defeat. 
A night of self inflicted bad selections and bad performances no more,no less.

Really poor performance and whatever team we put out should of played better than that. But last year Arbroath got knocked out early and did rather well in the league and no doubt all the midweek games at the end of last season had its toll. Our key objective must be to reach the play offs and that wont be easy- by qualifying for the Betfred match on Sunday we as a club made more money to invest in the club than this competition- even if we won it.. Clearly no excuse for bad performance tonight but the manager made a choice and this competition by his team selection is not as important as others in his mind....I for one have to respect that decision after what happened last year.

Really poor performance and whatever team we put out should of played better than that. But last year Arbroath got knocked out early and did rather well in the league and no doubt all the midweek games at the end of last season had its toll. Our key objective must be to reach the play offs and that wont be easy- by qualifying for the Betfred match on Sunday we as a club made more money to invest in the club than this competition- even if we won it.. Clearly no excuse for bad performance tonight but the manager made a choice and this competition by his team selection is not as important as others in his mind....I for one have to respect that decision after what happened last year.
Yes , and that very same synopsis came out my mouth in the first half. But, as I said, and others have mentioned, this a cup that is winnable at our level. Sunday's circus show is for a cup that we haven't a hope in hell of winning.
Why not play a weakened team on Sunday, protect the confidence of our first team regulars. The financial benefits are understandable, but as a club, surely the ambition should always be promotion and cup success , where possible.

At least,we might not hav to play Forfar midweek now as they lost as well and we both have a free week on sep 7th,makes sense surely 
Grant 1903, your use of the word sense merely highlights the probable outcome of that fixture remaining on the Tuesday night.
SPFL and sense are not permitted in the same sentence.

14 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

So what was the manager’s decision ?  Did he put out that team to win the game or lose the game ?

The manager has freshened the squad up and by the sounds of things the players who came in didn’t perform so won’t get back into the team for a while.

Had we played our strongest team and picked up injuries then there would be seethe on here asking why are we risking our better players? It’s not the end of the world that we are out of this cup, much bigger games to come.