The East Fife Thread

Do you have a self-importance issue KK?

Not at all, but I do have a PhD in Righteousness!!!

Do you have an issue with how Forums and debate work???

Not putting your idea down but do any other Club run a system like this, how easy is it to set up and implement???
But it’s clear something is needing to be done, it’s easy to say get a Season Ticket and you’re guaranteed to get a ticket for any “big” game but with the way the Club is going, this sort of situation is going to be a regular occurrence, our Club is getting regular “decent” Cup runs since DY’s tenure began, our results are getting better, “true” crowd figures are on the up, say if we get promoted, nearly every game in the Championship would be all-ticket. It could be a nightmare!!!
Hearts run a points system

The key point many are forgetting here, is that there are many fans who cannot afford to purchase a season ticket.
Now most clubs offer a payment scheme to help supporters. I may be wrong, but I haven't been of this at Bayview, or I would have suggested it to one or two in recent months.
Its not long ago, I myself was in the position where shelling out £200+ was impossible in a one off payment, so had to PATG for some years.
This is frustrating , when the rare situations like the Rangers game come along. But I do believe, if we introduce a feasible payment solution, we may actually sell a few more season tickets.

Football is all about making an attractive option for ALL fans. We have made huge progress over the past year, on and off the park. Please don't let this one off match spoil the enjoyment for some of our newest recruits in the stand.

Just sitting thinking about this latest cup run.
We have been utterly brilliant in the last 3 cups we have entered.
Semi of the challenge cup with the brilliant trip to Dublin.
Last 16 of the scottish cup.
And now sitting in last 16 of the betfred cup.

Now is the part ive been thinking of.

If you are to give a run down of the leagues and which teams are the best we look like the 13th worst team in all 4 leagues.

But if you look at cups we must be up there in the top lot. At worst we would be the 16th best team if there was a coefficient style thing brought in for whatever reason.

If we can be in the top 16 of scottish footy then surely our club can really challenge for the league this season and maybe the caramel wafer cup.

Last season could quite easily be a marker that the club sets out as a minimum.

Our betfred cup was decent last year but this year we have improved on that so thats the first improvement of this season ticked off.

Whats next, final of the caramel wafer? Quarter finals of the scottish, the play offs in league 1.

Im quite excited for whats to come. Hopefully everyone else is and gets down to bayview to support the team as i think its due to be some season ahead of us!

Just been thinking that there could be a real fight for tickets for the Home fans for the Rangers game, I believe the hospitality requests are through the roof as well so going to be solid to get tickets.

Probably the only way to guarantee a ticket or two is to have a season ticket or be a SC member as i doubt it will make general sale. Im sure they are still on sale.

The ST will be great as i think this is going to be a brilliant season ahead of us, already one last 16 in the cup with two more cups to play in we could end up with some big games this season but mainly with the potential of another 8 all ticket games with Raith & even Falkirk in the league so we will surely have at least 10 sell outs this season if you include hearts on saturday!

Hearts are massive and need a points system for games on an almost monthly basis. We need it for a basis decades apart?

Was only the other week you were saying there’ll be 10 sell outs this season 🤨

Steady on!  At this rate you'll have us winning the league cup in 4 years' time!

Normally, I would say a club at our level needs a bit of luck with cup draws in order to have a cup run, but this team has knocked out higher league opposition in the last 3 cup tournments.

Ahh well, we can but dream though.

14 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:

The key point many are forgetting here, is that there are many fans who cannot afford to purchase a season ticket.
Now most clubs offer a payment scheme to help supporters. I may be wrong, but I haven't been of this at Bayview, or I would have suggested it to one or two in recent months.
Its not long ago, I myself was in the position where shelling out £200+ was impossible in a one off payment, so had to PATG for some years.
This is frustrating , when the rare situations like the Rangers game come along. But I do believe, if we introduce a feasible payment solution, we may actually sell a few more season tickets.

Football is all about making an attractive option for ALL fans. We have made huge progress over the past year, on and off the park. Please don't let this one off match spoil the enjoyment for some of our newest recruits in the stand.

This is from a failing memory but around 8+ years ago Eugene (I think) looked into this type of scheme as the Trust representative on the EF board. Can’t remember the details but at that time there were obstacles from HMRC /FCA which made it impractical to operate.

It would seem financial regulations have relaxed as there are now various schemes operating but alas not at Bayview.

p.s. during that brief excursion down memory lane, aided by red wine, I remember how much Derrick Brown and some subsequent Directors hated the Trust. Oh happy days !

p.s.  

Potentially i said as there are big games and yes we all know i miscounted the home and away factor's.
However did i not say the only way to guarantee a ticket to big games would be the season ticket so hopefully folk listened cause i was right with that for the rangers game...

Was only the other week you were saying there’ll be 10 sell outs this season [emoji2955]

We could debate what the club should have done in preparation for the game for ever if we wanted to. Ultimately, I personally believe the club made the right calls for it  but people are always going to be disappointed some way or another. 

Right, I'm officially bored of the Rangers game.

Can't make tomorrow but hopefully we get our first win of the season and a decent turn out from the fans. Any word on Duggan's injury? Tonks has earned his place anyway so no issues with him getting in. How did Higgins and Dunlop look vs Clyde?

Any update on Church? I'd be surprised if the Tierney transfer has held us up. Bolingoli is fucking terrible but they have Miller and Hayes that can cover at left back for them anyway. Hopefully we can get that one over the line. 

Right, I'm officially bored of the Rangers game.
Can't make tomorrow but hopefully we get our first win of the season and a decent turn out from the fans. Any word on Duggan's injury? Tonks has earned his place anyway so no issues with him getting in. How did Higgins and Dunlop look vs Clyde?
Any update on Church? I'd be surprised if the Tierney transfer has held us up. Bolingoli is fucking terrible but they have Miller and Hayes that can cover at left back for them anyway. Hopefully we can get that one over the line. 

Higgins and Dunlop played well together against Clyde IMO, love Dunlop’s desire to move forward and find a pass rather than always punting it long. Genuinely one of my favourite signings in the past couple of seasons.
Going by Church’s twitter page (because what is better proof of an imminent signing) he’s liked the tweet about the game tomorrow so I’m hoping today it will be confirmed and he’ll be in the squad for tomorrow

14 minutes ago, lukejoaitken said:

Higgins and Dunlop played well together against Clyde IMO, love Dunlop’s desire to move forward and find a pass rather than always punting it long. Genuinely one of my favourite signings in the past couple of seasons.
Going by Church’s twitter page (because what is better proof of an imminent signing) he’s liked the tweet about the game tomorrow so I’m hoping today it will be confirmed and he’ll be in the squad for tomorrow

Good news about Church. I've no idea how good he'll be, and whether he will get Pat out of the team, but having a recognised left back as cover is good. I think the squad is pretty much done. Hoping Higgins can make everyone including me eat their words on last season. He's played at this level and above his entire career, he isn't suddenly a horrendous player.