The East Fife Thread

So are you giving out vouchers in the expectation of winning a group that we havent won before...

Hardly rocket science, 1 game was PATG so you collect a voucher at the turnstile & any ticket game you keep your ticket stub.
Preference would then be for your average PATG punter who attends regularly rather than a ST/SC’s +1 who’s only attending for the one off big game

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Someone was on here last week saying to join the supporters club was £8 a year for an adult membership for the supporters club, I don't know what benefits this gives you but, I think for as little an outlay that is, as many pay at the gate supporters as possible should be looking into joining. I am certainly going to do that at the next home game, if it guarantees priority tickets for the future, I suppose in the future the club might say season ticket holders only, that's the gamble you take, but at £8 it's worth it and it's a good cause. What I disagree with is the club are not selling any more season tickets, surely the more the better and take advantage of this situation. Do they really think anyone will pay £200 odd, then £20 a ticket to just come to the rangers game?

Some folk did when I was in the queue.

Tickets only went on sale yesterday. My old man tried to buy a season ticket to do just that, to be told by the club that season tickets are no longer on sale. The club are holding a meeting tomorrow regarding the sale of what remaining tickets there are. I just think we should be cashing in here and if we don't have to share it with them, all the better. P. S can we not just say attendance is around 1100, kinda revenge for them doing that to us in the challenge cup game a few years back? 

49 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

How on earth do you work out who went to the games as they are pay at the gate games, except hearts this year...

Unless there's a ID system then you won't know if he or she was a East Fife fan or a rangers one because they would just go in the home end with a rangers tap underneath their coat anyways so won't matter if you were at hearts or not! I was at hearts there but don't have a ST or part of the sc, to join the sc I was told on Monday that I had to be a existing member or a St holder to join but I join it once in 2007 when you could sign upto the SC regard less if rangers played us at EEP (Season we walked league two well cough cough division three back then) . I'm in a position my three child under the age of 5 and my partner wants to go but we're not too bother if it goes to general sales as its on bt anyways but  just means my wains will need to wait to vist our lovely stadium one Saturday afternoon for their first ef game... But if it does great though doubt they'll be as many as four.

As for the signing I was going pick up on that been very quiet since the emoji 😆

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Hardly rocket science, 1 game was PATG so you collect a voucher at the turnstile & any ticket game you keep your ticket stub.
Preference would then be for your average PATG punter who attends regularly rather than a ST/SC’s +1 who’s only attending for the one off big game

I agree that some sort of system should be looked at to ensure regular pay at the gate fans are looked after at all ticket games.
1. At the start of the season Pay at the gate fans could register with the club and lists held at the turnstiles where fans who have registered could be ticked off at each game. Priority could be given to those who have attended most games on a sliding scale when all ticket games come around.
2. Pay at the gate fans could be given a loyalty card which could be stamped at the turnstile and tickets allocated on the above basis.

I think it’s a bit general to say ST & SC +1’s are only big game attendees. Myself, my mum and my daughter all have season tickets and offered two of them to friends who we know attend regularly but don’t have season tickets. I offered another genuine fan who attends most games home and away that I don’t know well the third ticket through social media. He was extremely grateful and I’m delighted that three guys who are East Fife fans will get the chance to attend the games. I would encourage other St/SC members to do the same

I am astounded if they arent accepting new season ticket holders like.
10 extra season tickets is 2500 towards the clubs budgets.

Tickets only went on sale yesterday. My old man tried to buy a season ticket to do just that, to be told by the club that season tickets are no longer on sale. The club are holding a meeting tomorrow regarding the sale of what remaining tickets there are. I just think we should be cashing in here and if we don't have to share it with them, all the better. P. S can we not just say attendance is around 1100, kinda revenge for them doing that to us in the challenge cup game a few years back? 

3 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

I am astounded if they arent accepting new season ticket holders like.
10 extra season tickets is 2500 towards the clubs budgets.

Totally agree.Surely the club is in no position  financially to suspend the sale of season tickets as this might deter  both existing or new supporters.

The first league game is after all,this Saturday.

If you look at the Official Site , you will see that Season Tickets are still being advertised.

Where has the club intimated that Season Tickets been suspended?

Season tickets are definitely still on sale should anyone want to buy them.
Just head down to the club. Just had this confirmed by a club director.

**Waiting on confirmation regarding if buying one entitles you to being able to buy rangers tickets as the calculations on how many tickets are available will have been done before and dont know if there is a set number left for current season ticket holders**

Some of the piping hot takes and embarrassing revisionism going on in this thread about what the club should have done is absolutely mental.

Don’t know if your post is aimed at my post or not but I am not criticising what the club have done, only offering a possible future solution which will help all supporters whether they have a season ticket or not. Like most clubs we are not in a position that we can afford to lose any fans and must in the future look at ways that keep all fans happy.

But how are you policing the voucher system each year.

The ideal situation would be for the club to get an electronic ticket system so that yku can recieve points for home games attended. Harder to sort it for away games.
But each home game you get a point. Then sell a ticket to people woth 20 or more points.
Then to people with 15 or more etc. That way the real fans defo get a ticket.

But that will cost a fortune [emoji23][emoji23]

Who mentioned anything about winning a group?

But how are you policing the voucher system each year.

The ideal situation would be for the club to get an electronic ticket system so that yku can recieve points for home games attended. Harder to sort it for away games.
But each home game you get a point. Then sell a ticket to people woth 20 or more points.
Then to people with 15 or more etc. That way the real fans defo get a ticket.

But that will cost a fortune [emoji23][emoji23]

Bayviewboy gave 2 excellent suggestions, a loyalty card for PATG punters that can be stamped, hardly going ‘cost a fortune’
These are merely suggestions for future cup games as East Fife are always going to have to play a less glamorous cup game or 2 before they have a chance of drawing a seeded club in a cup so why not reward the PATG punter for attending previous rounds or League games

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

Speak to Craig Watson aka methilmink
Or
Hendry Ireland aka cumbuslang fifer
As both have intimated they wanted tickets emoji106.png

Is Janny not getting enough comps like???

15 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Report in the Sun today that Darren Young hopes that Daniel Church will join up with the squad this week. He was playing for Celtic Colts last night.

Hopefully will be sorted as soon as possible. Only reason I can see it being held up is because of the Tierney sale 

Stays in Fife but supports an Old Firm team in Glasgow? Well I never!

The club is pretty much doing all they can to stop this, but there'll still likely be **** in the home end. What a barrowload of hassle this is considering we won't actually make too much money from it.