The East Fife Thread

Last season i missed 4 home games making it not worthwhile.
But have one again knowing i will miss the same this season due to weddings (mine included) and honeymoon.

The season ticket is a commitment and many fans with a season ticket cannot attend every league match, so could very well be paying more than pay at the gate fans over a season.  It also gives the club a cash income at the start of the season which helps them budget for the season better.

7 hours ago, MethilMink said:

I just think the club can do more, absolutely zero effort to help out fans who pay at the gate every week. Us gate payers probably pay more in season than the price of a season ticket. Is that tree still there?

I think it's incredibly unfair to criticise the club for their approach on this.

They want the home end tickets to go to East Fife fans who regularly attend and contribute most to the club, therefore are most deserving. The only way of doing this is to use the information the club have via SSC, season tickets and those who contribute to the donation/players fund scheme. The latter would be a bit of a mine-field to try and track, so I understand why that's not been included (even if that includes me and rules me out of getting a ticket 😫). I have no idea about the post above regarding hospitality, maybe their was a bit of miscommunication internally. The season ticket holders get first choice on a second ticket, because that's the best way of trying to ensure they're East Fife fans that are getting the tickets (as more often than not, a ST holder will have a pal who isn't but still attends). 

Out of interest, what would you have had the club do? See Laura's post above, there's not actually too many seats available in the home end. It'd be great if we had half of the away end for the East Fife fans, but that would likely mean a tonne of wasted seats to separate us from the 500 or so Rangers fans, increased security and losing out on more cash, so again the club has made the right call on that.

I genuinely don't know what the club could have done here, given that they must assume most season ticket holders will buy two tickets. Attempting to differentiate between the pay-at-the-gate fans and who's "most deserving" would be an absolute car crash. Remember, the club only had about 3 weeks to sort everything out for this match. They can't please everyone, but their approach has been the best one. 

I would have liked to see some sort of package where you had to attend the Peterhead and airdrie games to be gurenteed a rangers game ticket. I know there wasn't much time between the draw being made and the match. It might have increased attendance at these games making more for the club/helping identify true supporters. I for one shall not be going to the sevco game, the 90 minutes of sectarian abuse witnessed in the league games a few years back makes it the one draw I didn't want, and I won't be subjecting my 5 year old son (who's a season ticket holder) to that poisoned atmosphere either. Good for the club to get a big payday, a reward for the way they turned the league cup section around and I hope there's no trouble, could be asking too much from the opposition fans though! 

The idea of attending the league games to guarantee a ticket is nice on paper, but it punishes people who have a season ticket and can't attend every game. It also increases the admin costs for the club and would be, for lack of a better phrase, a complete ball ache. The club also can't guarantee the PATG fans a ticket this way. The ability to attend two games close to the bigger cup match doesn't make anyone a better or worse fan than the next, so it's not a good barometer.

There's no perfect solution to this but the club have taken the correct course of action.

The club are in a no win situation with this it seems. I don’t get the clamber to watch The Rangers and their knuckle dragging bigot support anyway. Even if I was at home, I would be giving this game a wide berth. The same would be said for the other arse cheek of Glasgow had we drawn them.

I agree with no wanting to watch the knuckle dragging bigots, I'm giving it a wide bearth. I do want east fife to make £ from this. I felt that some sort of 3 game deal might swell the crowd at our next 2 home games and maybe entice back some of the lapsed or less frequent attendees, I know the there  wasn't much time to sort this out though, season tickets and supporters club members priority does seem fair though.

There isn't an easy answer to this issue. Once the election was made not to move to a larger stadium (my preference) but to keep it at Bayview, then demand was always going to outstrip supply, but... why is that the clubs problem to solve? They could have come up with a convoluted 2/3 game package, or tried to ringfence tickets for those who were deemed more of a fan than others, but a £20 ticket is still a £20 ticket irrespective of whose hands it is in. 

I think they have done the right thing making season ticket holder, and supporters club members a priority, and i say that as a pay at the gate fan. I accept i wont get to the game, so ill get in the pub to watch it and enjoy it all the same. There was always going to be winners and losers here

As a slight aside, the website has no mention of the EFSC (or the East Fife Supporters Trust, are they the same thing? Nae idea). Probably be a good idea to put something on there about what it's about, what it does and how you can join (unless I have completely missed it). 

There’s always 2 Home games in the Betfred section, in the event of qualifying for the next round then priority should be for ST holders, SC members & those that attended the previous 2 home games if any tickets are remaining then ST/SC can have a +1 purchase.

Someone was on here last week saying to join the supporters club was £8 a year for an adult membership for the supporters club, I don't know what benefits this gives you but, I think for as little an outlay that is, as many pay at the gate supporters as possible should be looking into joining. I am certainly going to do that at the next home game, if it guarantees priority tickets for the future, I suppose in the future the club might say season ticket holders only, that's the gamble you take, but at £8 it's worth it and it's a good cause. What I disagree with is the club are not selling any more season tickets, surely the more the better and take advantage of this situation. Do they really think anyone will pay £200 odd, then £20 a ticket to just come to the rangers game?

How on earth do you work out who went to the games as they are pay at the gate games, except hearts this year...

There’s always 2 Home games in the Betfred section, in the event of qualifying for the next round then priority should be for ST holders, SC members & those that attended the previous 2 home games if any tickets are remaining then ST/SC can have a +1 purchase.

How on earth do you work out who went to the games as they are pay at the gate games, except hearts this year...

Hardly rocket science, 1 game was PATG so you collect a voucher at the turnstile & any ticket game you keep your ticket stub.
Preference would then be for your average PATG punter who attends regularly rather than a ST/SC’s +1 who’s only attending for the one off big game