The East Fife Thread

Interesting that you had to be a Supporters Club member by Friday 2 August to entitle you to buy a ticket for the Rangers game.

There were 5 adults at least, who attended the Clyde game on Saturday 3rd, and became Supporters Club members on the day.

They were given Membership Cards and told to present them at Bayview this week to enable them to purchase their tickets.

Clyde fan here !! - I must say I thought your team looked on Saturday (well based on second half performance) to be very well balanced in the middle and also have a cracking defence, I don't think Sevco will hammer you at all - must piss off you Fifers / Ayrshire / Falkirk folk with the glory hunting / bigot,  Sevco / Celtic fans pour out your towns & villages on a Saturday.........me I grew up wedged between Shawfield & Parkhead and thanks to my Da there was only one team for me !!

Good luck against Sevco / Newco / The Rangers :lol:

It'll be a shame if I miss this one as I'm actually back that weekend, but the the club have gone about it the right way by giving the week in week out fans first option, so I have no problem if I have to watch it in the pub.

I'm sure our mob will be the same. Even if there were tickets Monday I doubt we would get tickets together. We hope all that get to the game have a great time. :thumsup2

On 05/08/2019 at 20:28, LauraEFFC said:

Everyone was asked when they booked hospitality what team they supported, & provided they were honest about it, will be sitting in the correct end

Laura I tried to book hospitality on the Monday after the draw.Some older guy told me I could not book it but to phone back a week later.I then phoned back on the same day and asked for my name to be taken and put on a list.The same guy then said they were not taking names.I have since found out names were taken but not mine.I then phoned back a week later. To be told it was sold out and if I was a true East Fife supporter I would have known that they do hospitality every other week.Should the club let people like that answer the phone.Ive supported East Fife since 1971 and supported the hospitality on countless occasions.I can't ever recall not getting a ticket for any game.The home end is going to have Rangers fans in it just like the last time hence the reason tickets are scarce.

Interesting that you had to be a Supporters Club member by Friday 2 August to entitle you to buy a ticket for the Rangers game.
There were 5 adults at least, who attended the Clyde game on Saturday 3rd, and became Supporters Club members on the day.
They were given Membership Cards and told to present them at Bayview this week to enable them to purchase their tickets.

How do you know this sammytroot?

10 hours ago, troy said:

Laura I tried to book hospitality on the Monday after the draw.Some older guy told me I could not book it but to phone back a week later.I then phoned back on the same day and asked for my name to be taken and put on a list.The same guy then said they were not taking names.I have since found out names were taken but not mine.I then phoned back a week later. To be told it was sold out and if I was a true East Fife supporter I would have known that they do hospitality every other week.Should the club let people like that answer the phone.Ive supported East Fife since 1971 and supported the hospitality on countless occasions.I can't ever recall not getting a ticket for any game.The home end is going to have Rangers fans in it just like the last time hence the reason tickets are scarce.

I'm not involved with hospitality so don't know how names/booking were taken but would be very disapointed to hear if you got that response.

The only way there will be Rangers supporters in the home end is if a season ticket holder has bought a ticket for them.

As a rough estimate for numbers, the home end holds around 950. By the time you take off seats  for directors, boardroom guests, match delegates, under 20s players, club sponsors, players' tickets, tickets for Betfred (which is quote a lot & non-negotiable), hospitality, club staff & volunteers (probably forgetting some others) leaving only around 600/650 to cover all season ticket holders (inc. adults who can buy two) and supporters club members. Now, the chances are that not all adult season ticket holders will take two tickets but the club has to assume initially that they will.

Edited by LauraEFFC

7 hours ago, MethilMink said:

I just think the club can do more, absolutely zero effort to help out fans who pay at the gate every week. Us gate payers probably pay more in season than the price of a season ticket. Is that tree still there?

The season ticket is a commitment and many fans with a season ticket cannot attend every league match, so could very well be paying more than pay at the gate fans over a season.  It also gives the club a cash income at the start of the season which helps them budget for the season better.