The East Fife Thread

The Funky Ronster liked that one didn’t he???

324E06D9-A5C5-4DB4-97A2-CF6CD2EC1FEB.thumb.jpeg.3bd5bd9395cf458b38fc31a94d643bc4.jpeg

Somebody please tell me they got a picture of him running in front of the Hearts End after his penalty, that was ballsy and funny as!!!

Both the Dundee United and Hearts forums going apoplectic about how their sides could lose out to East Fife. Maybe a little credit to the opposition might be in order.

I had to stifle a laugh when a reporter asked Jordan Hart if this was East Fife's cup final after Tuesday night's win. 

Some week for the boys though...

3 hours ago, smuggfifer said:

What's wrong with using the word questionable? Fifer67 was only stating what most of us felt on the day. For all that has been good over the last 3 games, our progress in this competition will more than likely be halted due to a below par performance at Central Park. Had we played anything like the standard of the last 2 games, we would be comfortably in the next round as group winners. Now we have to rely on 2 teams "not" doing the obvious tomorrow. Darren has set standards , and these we applaud, and he himself said that the Cowdenbeath performance wasn't at East Fife standard.

Not getting a result and not being committed are two different things and I say again, it is out of order to tar the team as being not committed, end of.  Do you think that commitment is something that is switched on or off from week to week?  The comment was not justifiable.  Is the OP or you, committed when it suits you when it comes to supporting the team?  Yes is probably the answer, so would you like to read that your commitment is questionable?  It was an unnecessary comment.

5 hours ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

Not getting a result and not being committed are two different things and I say again, it is out of order to tar the team as being not committed, end of.  Do you think that commitment is something that is switched on or off from week to week?  The comment was not justifiable.  Is the OP or you, committed when it suits you when it comes to supporting the team?  Yes is probably the answer, so would you like to read that your commitment is questionable?  It was an unnecessary comment.

An unnecessary comment, it's a forum.

You come across as a right belter btw

9 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Well done the Fifers. Only seen the Kirrie friendly but hope youse carry on the way you’ve started. Off to Dens today and hope Robbo goes baws oot. Embarrassing otherwise. 

If anyone'll go baws oot it's Robbo. Still remember driving up to Aberdeen a few years ago, listening to him on the radio. Got asked how he's going to play it, Robbo just says "we're going 4-4-2 and we're going to attack them". Had my head in my hands thinking we were in for a doing. Ended up drawing 3-3 and winning on penalties.

Get yer money on Dundee Inverness playing out a boring draw! Only in Scotland eh, shambles. Regardless we have done brilliantly since that below par performance at Central Park and confidence will be high going into the Clyde game. I would like to see all final games played at the same time, same day next season, fairs fair but sadly the powers that be lack any common sense!

Also, this a forum where people are entitled to their own opinion, I don't always agree with what I read but respect people's views most of the time. That was a great day all round yday and I've got the hangover from hell to back it up!! Mon the Fife

It’s going to be hard to take if there is a draw today. The team deserve to go through for the last three performances. The way we’ve bounced back from the Cowdenbeath game has to be commended. Keeping my fingers crossed that there’s a winner in 90!

On the new look East Fife TV... really like it, looks very professional and I think the subscription plans are a great idea. One suggestion - would a 'silver' subscription with no live broadcast but full delayed replays for less than £90 be a good option? If you live in the UK, you can't make use of the live broadcast so if you want the paid subscription, you're shelling out the full £90 for just the delayed replays. Paying £3 a pop for each league game wouldn't be that much more expensive than the gold subscription over a year.

I'd probably go for a yearly subscription for delayed replays if it was a bit cheaper. 

Well that was just excellent yesterday, a few pant-staining moments in the first half, especially in the first 20 or so minutes, when we seemed to be like deer caught in the headlights, as Hearts threw absolutely everything at us and seemed to struggle to get to grips with the pace of the game, but our defence was immense and coped with anything that Hearts were able to throw at us, their goal came from this pressure and it was a real shitty one to lose but once we started to relax a bit more and play our normal game it became a more even contest, get to half-time only a goal down was the aim, then regroup!!!

We did that and it was a much more even contest in the second half, we got the goal our play deserved and were obviously going for the win, it was us who went to THREE men up front, not Hearts, it was us who left two men up front when defending corners not Hearts and it was Darren Young who was booting replacement balls back onto the pitch every time a hopeful Jambo shot goal cleared the bar by 20 feet and flew out the ground, not Levein!!!

Quite a bit of false flagging coming from Hearts recently about their attempts on goal recently, they had 17 yesterday (only 5 on target), are the really counting the ones that fly out the ground either 20 feet over or even 10 feet wide???

Anyway, we more than deserved the draw and the “Brucey-Bonus” penalty point was just the icing on the cake and added a little bit of gilding to the legend!!!

But the best thing to come out if the game, for me was that surely now Higgy has shown everybody how good he actually is, his MotM performance yesterday was the best I have seen from an East Fife centre half for years and certainly better than anything Meggatt gave last season (as good as he was). I have to admit to being a Higgy-doubter but that show he put on yesterday has put me firmly in his camp, he was imperious. The talk beforehand was how were we Going to cope with the sheer size and power of Ikpeazu, but Higgy just folded him up and placed him in his pocket, you started to feel sorry for the lad as Higgy absolutely bullied and terrorised him for as long as he was on the park, he never got a sniff, either on the ground or in the air, well played Chris!!![emoji1303]

Also can I say that if we get through to the next round, fine, I’ll take it, but I’m also not too bothered if we don’t!!!
The League’s the thing and we want a good start there, we don’t want what happened last season, with the fixture buildup and extra games getting in the way of that, obviously if we get Celtic or Rangers away, we’ll take the money but with the Tunnocks Teacake Trophy on the horizon as well, I know where our priorities should be!!!

29 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Also can I say that if we get through to the next round, fine, I’ll take it, but I’m also not too bothered if we don’t!!!
The League’s the thing and we want a good start there, we don’t want what happened last season, with the fixture buildup and extra games getting in the way of that, obviously if we get Celtic or Rangers away, we’ll take the money but with the Tunnocks Teacake Trophy on the horizon as well, I know where our priorities should be!!!

Agreed. A money-spinner would obviously be welcomed. But as far as I'm concerned, it's objective achieved with the League Cups games and that was get the crappy form of the end of last season out of our system. We've done that and then some.

Agreed. A money-spinner would obviously be welcomed. But as far as I'm concerned, it's objective achieved with the League Cups games and that was get the crappy form of the end of last season out of our system. We've done that and then some.

IMG_1027.jpg
40 Grand???
I might change my opinion a wee bit!!![emoji23]