The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

...... I think it's just whether our back line can do it. I've predicted us to finish 5th on the prediction thread because of that very reason, with a shaky end to last season and no recognised left back. 

I think defensive concerns may affect a good few teams this year. Just off the top of my head when I think about some of the attacking talent in the league this year, Goodwillie, Mcallister, Vaughn, Sammon, not to mention Wallace and Duggan. I wouldnt be surprised if there are some pretty high scoring games

My aim is to see us finish in the promotion play offs and above 5th place I genuinely thought we were going to do last season but fadded away around the time we missed that penalty at home to Arbroath, in all my time following us we've never been higher than 5th in this league! Something needs change and hopefully with an improve attacking department than last campaign minus RC who at the time when we faded he was nowhere to be seen in scoring goals across all four strikers, midfield is improved with the signings of Hunter (Who's on form) and Danny Denholm but defence can be a bit lightweight even though resigning Murdoch and Higgins I feel we need one or two to improve the Cb and my need of wanting a recognised Left back in ASAP! As for the two guys in the sticks the back up has been about between the championship (Ayr) and League 2 with Queens Park will provide compensation for Brett who is better out the two but Hart is improvement to Couser/McDowall and Terry who haven't had much games in the football league to push Brett and that was our problem last season there was cover but not much to push Brett if form dips so that another area improved. We all know Falkirk made some crazy signings in this league with the signings of Bell, Sammon etc but Raith had added a few additions this season and also lost a few but this will be tough league indeed but they'll be plenty high scoring games aswell as shocks this league is anyone's also a team we need to watch this year will be Clyde under Danny Lennon I sense they've rejuvenasised dunno they come across as team after finally gaining promotion. Just can't wait till the football begins and we get a few wins in the Betfred Cup first, felt last seasons Cup group the result wise we finish bottom even though a pretty decent display at mcdiarmid Park so hopefully we start with a win away to our west neighbours - kick things off. 

Come on East Fife!! 

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

2 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

What kind of player is Ross Brown guys? Signed for Brechin.

Was a bit gutted when he left, he's got bags of energy, not sure how well it's worked out for him since he left us though. Still remember his performance vs Livingston in the cup a few years back when Paterson scored that screamer, I think that performance might have been why Livi signed him. Should do well in League 2. 

19 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

What kind of player is Ross Brown guys? Signed for Brechin.

Was a promising young player can play on the right of midfield also through the middle and at times during the GN era he had Ross playing at Right back and right wing back but since Ross left us for Airdrie then livingstone he hasn't been the same Ross Brown at East fife. I get the impression he regrets his decision to leave EF should do well at Brechin plus someone Barry knows with his time at Bayview.

Good luck to the boy. 

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

My aim is to see us finish in the promotion play offs and above 5th place I genuinely thought we were going to do last season but fadded away around the time we missed that penalty at home to Arbroath, in all my time following us we've never been higher than 5th in this league! Something needs change and hopefully with an improve attacking department than last campaign minus RC who at the time when we faded he was nowhere to be seen in scoring goals across all four strikers, midfield is improved with the signings of Hunter (Who's on form) and Danny Denholm but defence can be a bit lightweight even though resigning Murdoch and Higgins I feel we need one or two to improve the Cb and my need of wanting a recognised Left back in ASAP! As for the two guys in the sticks the back up has been about between the championship (Ayr) and League 2 with Queens Park will provide compensation for Brett who is better out the two but Hart is improvement to Couser/McDowall and Terry who haven't had much games in the football league to push Brett and that was our problem last season there was cover but not much to push Brett if form dips so that another area improved. We all know Falkirk made some crazy signings in this league with the signings of Bell, Sammon etc but Raith had added a few additions this season and also lost a few but this will be tough league indeed but they'll be plenty high scoring games aswell as shocks this league is anyone's also a team we need to watch this year will be Clyde under Danny Lennon I sense they've rejuvenasised dunno they come across as team after finally gaining promotion. Just can't wait till the football begins and we get a few wins in the Betfred Cup first, felt last seasons Cup group the result wise we finish bottom even though a pretty decent display at mcdiarmid Park so hopefully we start with a win away to our west neighbours - kick things off. 
Come on East Fife!! 

Agreed- but if we could only sign one player it for me it should be a CB rather than LB-( hopefully a big CB that can defend corners as we are still too small at the back!).Don’t get me wrong would love to strengthen both positions but know will be budget constraints....

I'd imagine any further signings at the back are going to be loans, unless DY can pluck someone from thin air I can't think of too many LL centre halves still available. 

Church + 1 other (of the Jason Kerr mould ideally). I miss having a centre half that can take on half the team and fire one into the top bin. 

Trialist number 18 is Scott reekie. Former Dundee United and Falkirk! Great talent and should be signed. Been better than Higgins who I don't rate at all
Scott Reekie signed for Brechin City

25 minutes ago, effc loyal said:

Really don't know if we will have enough cover at the back

If Church does sign.EF will have a squad of 19.

We are certainly not the richest club in the league and consequently have to spread the budget around.

Meggat will certainly be missed but we still have /Will have Murdoch,Watson,Dunlop,Higgins,Church ,Slattery and Dunsmore who can play at the back.

Edited by sammytroot
Missed a few words.

East Fife Supporters' Trust will continue to produce a match programme on behalf of EFFC and our first edition will be a joint issue (due to printers holidays) for the Stenhousemuir and Hearts Betfred Cup games. The programme price wii be £2 as it has been for many season and is a feature packed 40 page issue. Articles include :

Blast From The Past - One To Remember and One To Forget (covers both Stenhousemuir and Hearts)

Ryan Wallace Interview.

100 Years Ago

East Fife - On This Day

A View From Section H (Scott Inglis)

Denholm's Deiberations (Danny Denholm)

Walking Football Scotland (Scottish Cup)

Please help us keep the programme going by buying regularly

1 hour ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

East Fife Supporters' Trust will continue to produce a match programme on behalf of EFFC and our first edition will be a joint issue (due to printers holidays) for the Stenhousemuir and Hearts Betfred Cup games. The programme price wii be £2 as it has been for many season and is a feature packed 40 page issue. Articles include :

Blast From The Past - One To Remember and One To Forget (covers both Stenhousemuir and Hearts)

Ryan Wallace Interview.

100 Years Ago

East Fife - On This Day

Great news , many thanks for keeping up this tradition , when some clubs are doing this online :thumbsdown . I always buy a programme when I go to the football to ad to my collection . :thumsup2 

8 hours ago, sammytroot said:

If Church does sign.EF will have a squad of 19. 

Gives us a left back that we don't have unless Slattery fills that role but rather him in midfield in his natural position with energy in the middle of the park and out wide of midfield and lets us get in a permanent left back or left footer in which we haven't had for few seasons even though cb can be a worry I would rather wages went on a player for a position we don't have tbh and that's true we are who we are and we need to use who and what we have unless a higgy-watson partnership form or rotate to see who will get it at cb but a left back is what we need I say!! So I rather worry and flatter in January and access what we have and do something then than last January window was shocking tbh and the form didn't help matters at the end of last season coup with injuries and missing crucial penalties to get us above fifth and claim a play off. So let's get this one over the line and worry later with the squad would be at 19 if this is a done deal as said.. 

Gives us a left back that we don't have unless Slattery fills that role but rather him in midfield in his natural position with energy in the middle of the park and out wide of midfield and lets us get in a permanent left back or left footer in which we haven't had for few seasons even though cb can be a worry I would rather wages went on a player for a position we don't have tbh and that's true we are who we are and we need to use who and what we have unless a higgy-watson partnership form or rotate to see who will get it at cb but a left back is what we need I say!! So I rather worry and flatter in January and access what we have and do something then than last January window was shocking tbh and the form didn't help matters at the end of last season coup with injuries and missing crucial penalties to get us above fifth and claim a play off. So let's get this one over the line and worry later with the squad would be at 19 if this is a done deal as said.. 

The game is all about opinions. Slattery can play LB well. For me the centre from the back- middle- front are the most important positions. We are excellent in this regard in the midfield and forwards- I do worry about the centre of our defence- not sure we are better this year than last year at CB- as. I say its all about opinions- just cant go through another season of defending corners like last year

20 hours ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

Ryan Wallace Interview.

100 Years Ago

East Fife - On This Day

Have to say that all the contributors have really excelled for this issue considering we only remembered about the printers' holiday (or were reminded of it) last week. It is an excellent edition with some really good reads. Well worth the £2. The layout & presentation have been changed with more improvements to be made for the first league campaign edition.

Edited by LiamA