The East Fife Thread

Totally agree, it’s excellent news!!!

It’s been a long time coming but the final link for the excellent youth system that has been in place for years now has that missing level and as the guys in the video say it only takes a couple to get into the first team to make the whole venture worth while!!!

It worked before with producing Barr, Rooney, Brown, Sheerin etc so glad Jim and the bOd have brought the idea back in running a youth system..and about time! I was slighty annoyed when lee murray undone all this work in bringing the community toghter because of cuts to the budget back then but wow i am delighted and the progress this football clubs moving at, also tony's liking the idea aswell and everyones on board - great stuff from the media work in all these info too in the last few days Im absolutely buzzing for the season....😍

49 minutes ago, talknoshite said:

The reason there’s no decent players come through because the coaches at all east fife youth teams don’t have a fucking clue

I don't recall anyone asking for your opinion...

Congratulations to the Supporters Club on winning the sponsor draw and those involved should be commended for the regular financial support they provide.   However I really do hope that the members of the Supporters Club look at the option of promoting a local charity by offering them the opportunity to be the name on the shirt rather than simply having East Fife Supporters Club on the strip.

If this is handled well the Supporter Club can work with East Fife and our wider fan base to support a local charity to promote the positive role that a strong and healthy East Fife can have for our local community.

2 hours ago, fifer said:

Congratulations to the Supporters Club on winning the sponsor draw and those involved should be commended for the regular financial support they provide.   However I really do hope that the members of the Supporters Club look at the option of promoting a local charity by offering them the opportunity to be the name on the shirt rather than simply having East Fife Supporters Club on the strip.

If this is handled well the Supporter Club can work with East Fife and our wider fan base to support a local charity to promote the positive role that a strong and healthy East Fife can have for our local community.

Sounds like a much better idea to just having the supporters club on our kits tbf.

Will they also be a deal or season tickets to watch the U20s for next season on a friday night? boost some attendance to come along every home game to encourage our brave youth players maybe worth chucking this in on our QandA session whenever the next session is.

However I really do hope that the members of the Supporters Club look at the option of promoting a local charity by offering them the opportunity to be the name on the shirt rather than simply having East Fife Supporters Club on the strip.

Been trying to rationalise this for about an hour and still can’t get my head round it. If Joe Bloggs or any other local business had won the draw would you be asking them to do the same thing?

Been trying to rationalise this for about an hour and still can’t get my head round it. If Joe Bloggs or any other local business had won the draw would you be asking them to do the same thing?

I had given up trying. Surely if you pay your £500 you should get the winnings

Personally , if a private enterprise won the draw , I would expect their name/logo  to appear on the shirts.

As EFSC has won the draw , they have a right to their name appearing on the shirts. They also , in my opinion as EFFC is a Community Club,have an opportunity to include a local charity

on the shirts.eg EFSC  also supports  (eg) Gingerbread.

On the bigger front as far as I am concerned , is that local business is NOT supporting the club. Where are the club's accountants, solicitors,bankers. Where are Campion Homes , Muir Homes who are selling properties in Leven for  Millions  of GBP. Where is Diageo ?

Edited by sammytroot
my mistake

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

I had given up trying. Surely if you pay your £500 you should get the winnings

They would be collecting their winnings.   The Supporter Club would just be choosing to do something with their winnings that could potentially provide further value by benefiting a local charity and the image of the local football team.   ultimately this is a decision for the supporter club members but they are a different entity from a local business or an individual who entered the draw.

Personally , if a private enterprise won the draw , I would expect their name/logo  to appear on the shirts.

As EFSC has won the draw , they have a right to their name appearing on the shirts. They also , in my opinion as EFFC is a Community Club,have an opportunity to include a local charity

On the bigger front as far as I am concerned , is that local business is NOT supporting the club. Where are the club's accountants, solicitors,bankers. Where are Campion Homes , Muir Homes who are selling properties in Leven for  Millions  of GBP. Where is Diageo ?

I've always wondered why Diageo have never bothered about East Fife or vice versa! A multi billion pound company right on our doorstep, you would think they would be interested in supporting their local senior football club

If anyone would like to tell me who to get in touch with that makes the decision for Diageo that would be great.
Campion have sponsorship boards at the club already, Muirs site is finishing up this year with only a couple of properties left to sell.

If anyone knows who to get in touch with for any company (as I’ve said many times) (even your own work) and I’ll speak to them and get them in with the club.

2 hours ago, sammytroot said:

56°11'54.7"N 3°01'35.7"W