The East Fife Thread

Watching the training and that I still can’t decide who my starting 11 would be.

Obviously you will go with Brett in the sticks.

The defence of

Watson(to sign), Dunlop, Higgy , Pat
Pretty much chooses itself to an extent

In midfield
Dunsy, Davidson, Aggie, Denholm

With

Wallace and Anton up top

But then you look at the bench of

Hart, Murdoch, Duggan, Kev, Bell, Watt, Hunter on the bench [emoji102]

That’s unreal as each of them could go into that team. Any loan we get needs to be better than they guys... which is going to be hard to do!

Watching the training and that I still can’t decide who my starting 11 would be.

Obviously you will go with Brett in the sticks.

The defence of

Watson(to sign), Dunlop, Higgy , Pat
Pretty much chooses itself to an extent

In midfield
Dunsy, Davidson, Aggie, Denholm

With

Wallace and Anton up top

But then you look at the bench of

Hart, Murdoch, Duggan, Kev, Bell, Watt, Hunter on the bench [emoji102]

That’s unreal as each of them could go into that team. Any loan we get needs to be better than they guys... which is going to be hard to do!

Squad looks decent but we still look a bit thin on the ground at the back. Another left back and big commanding CH would be what I’d be looking for to complete the squad. To provide cover and put pressure on the ones with the jersey to perform at the top of their game of face losing their place in the team.

Squad looks decent but we still look a bit thin on the ground at the back. Another left back and big commanding CH would be what I’d be looking for to complete the squad. To provide cover and put pressure on the ones with the jersey to perform at the top of their game of face losing their place in the team.

Said before- we definitely need a big centre half to command the defence- defend at corners etc....Last year we got Tonks to go back as no height in the defence- which is not the answer as he is an important outlet further up the field....

I like the positivity, I agree our squad looks great but the defence needs work. Janny signing on (and being fit) makes a huge difference but we're currently working with a retrofit left back in Pat and a centre half partnership that fell apart towards the latter stages of last season, so let's not get too carried away.

I like the positivity, I agree our squad looks great but the defence needs work. Janny signing on (and being fit) makes a huge difference but we're currently working with a retrofit left back in Pat and a centre half partnership that fell apart towards the latter stages of last season, so let's not get too carried away.

In the video there looks to be a few young guys in it too.
Wonder if they will be put into the squad to bolster it too. Anyone any idea about our under 19/20s squad?

On 17/06/2019 at 23:08, Big Fifer said:

I like your comment, we certainly do need work within the back four and in particular at left back i feel we haven't had one since Penrice slash GN time with the club a position in the team we havent replaced since with us having a natrual Rb Dunsmore whos great at runs forward aswell as defending  and we all know Pat can put in a shift at Lb thats fine over some weeks  i do see him as one of the midfielders and with Sparky left to join forfar this summer as one of those that DY choosed to have at Lb its a position i like to see us fill before the season gets underway and another is a Cb also resigning Janny of course, i feel Janny is the key and we missed him in the latter part of the season just past and is vital when fit he needs to sign on.

As for the other areas i feel we have upgraded the back up keeper, that area became a problem when brett was supended and injured we had to rely on the rookies to step up and cover so im glad we've got a guy thats played a bit in the SPFL leagues with ayr and most recent in the league below with QP. The other is midfield we have to see what the lad Hunters like but Danny is certainly upgrade to Broque who never really got going in his loan spell from Motherwell where as Danny is a proven customer at this level, also the emerge of Taco well i should say bell who keeps coming leaps and bound someone to come off the bench hopefullywe see more of the guy. Finally the strikers we have four just like last season and it works from DY 1st season we had to rely on Duggan but no much action in final 3rd was the problem two seasons ago fast forward to now we have four that are proven goalscorers when fit and i know RC was a big key we missed him in that latter part so having all four experience forwards are the cream stuff hopefully they'll be useful upon when called on.

Scott mention youths well the U20s i like to see a couple of talents maybe call them in and either see them feature on the bench but still turn up for their squads or send them out to see what first team is like and have them thats worth on full time pros just like we did when we had Lennie, Brown, Barr etc on before they got their chance. From that bunch the lad Davidson i hear even though hes a striker looks like hes a talent and has scored a few and we need our own talents aswell as buying others to show the community is a success aswell...its being ages to see any since the reveultion of lee murray scrapped any sort of youths with the club but having some youths around will be encouraging to see and being part of the club direction towards either challenging for L1s top half to the championship.

On 17/06/2019 at 22:58, Its not only a game said:

Said before- we definitely need a big centre half to command the defence- defend at corners etc....Last year we got Tonks to go back as no height in the defence- which is not the answer as he is an important outlet further up the field....

can i interest you in a guy called Jonathan Page?

That's us up to eighteen and I would imagine that that's it, anybody else coming in would be a Loanee I would imagine, unless the Board intend to push the boat out just once more for a LB!!!

Squad for Season 2019-20

Long
Watson, Dunlop, Higgins, Slattery
Murdoch,
Dunsmore, Agnew, Denholm,
Wallace, Dowds

Subs; Hart, Hunter, Bell, Smith, Davidson, Watt, Duggan
[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

I can see a change of tactics coming to let our forwards play their game. Maybe a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3. 

Long

Watson Dunlop Higgins 

Dunsmore                                 Slattery

Davidson    Agnew

Wallace         Duggan        Dowds      

Whatever the tactics are the squad is impressive with quality, experience and depth now lets hope we sign a left back or a left sided defender to complete the defence with some options along the back four to conceed less goals and more clean sheets to the brexter or hart....best news all day thats CW signed the guy's a steven tweed!😍 even though it took me ages to reply but wow 18 players signed and our first game in five days absolutely looking forward to it.

13 hours ago, Moon said:

can i interest you in a guy called Jonathan Page?

AirdrieO was getting a deal when they eventually got Pagey and Kyle in but unfortunately you guy's suffered what we got when we bought a defender in the willie grey days of getting promoted to signing a lad called Paul Nugent who went onto have a great career away from Bayview, but if you want he's always be welcome back you know.

Good news to have Watson signed up again, a very good player. I still feel that we are lacking a big commanding centre back though or we have been working to avoid the avoid the goals we have conceded from set pieces.

Overall it’s a pretty decent squad and probably need 1 or 2 loan signings just to bump up the numbers but we are looking good and on paper it’s very balanced too.