The East Fife Thread

5 minutes ago, LauraEFFC said:

Planning is already underway for the start of pre-season, keep your eyes peeled in a couple of weeks time

Braw, appreciate the response (and the time taken to do the interviews, I know it's all volunteers!). 

49 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Any news on pre season friendlies? Wellington Phoenix away would be good.

Cheers.

Currently Albion Rovers, QotS and Dundee United (confirmed despite League Cup draw).

See: https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/methil-men-will-be-set-for-another-tough-season-1-4940414 

Whilst I understand the club need to have a stream of income and friendlies at home are one way of getting money but I think they have missed a wee trick. I appreciate that season tickets don’t include friendlies but with 3 friendlies in 8 days at a cost of £25 followed by 4 Betfred cup games at normal prices, it may be outwith some people’s budget, especially coming up to holiday time. Friendlies are there to get players match fitness but also to show fans what they can look forward to in the coming season, so why not encourage more people to come along and hopefully they like what they see and come back once the season starts.
The Dundee United XI is likely to be fringe players especially when we play them a few weeks later in the Betfred Cup so I think £10 will put some off.
Just a suggestion possibly for future seasons.
3 game adult ticket - £20
3 game ticket for season ticket holders - £15
3 game adult and child ticket - £25 or £23
Give out £2 off voucher at the first game to be used at the second game and do the same at the second game for the third game.

Not having a go at the Board who are doing a good job. Just feel we need to try to encourage ‘lapsed fans’ or new fans through the gate and sometimes maybe need to think out the box a little.

Whilst I understand the club need to have a stream of income and friendlies at home are one way of getting money but I think they have missed a wee trick. I appreciate that season tickets don’t include friendlies but with 3 friendlies in 8 days at a cost of £25 followed by 4 Betfred cup games at normal prices, it may be outwith some people’s budget, especially coming up to holiday time. Friendlies are there to get players match fitness but also to show fans what they can look forward to in the coming season, so why not encourage more people to come along and hopefully they like what they see and come back once the season starts.
The Dundee United XI is likely to be fringe players especially when we play them a few weeks later in the Betfred Cup so I think £10 will put some off.
Give out £2 off voucher at the first game to be used at the second game and do the same at the second game for the third game.

Not having a go at the Board who are doing a good job. Just feel we need to try to encourage ‘lapsed fans’ or new fans through the gate and sometimes maybe need to think out the box a little.
Even go the whole hog, and have a full season ticket that does all! Pay £50 more and access all games, except the Scottish Cup.

Has League 1's most gorgeous defender signed on for this season yet? Sick of waiting tbh.

#patslat has already signed mate!!!

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 20:35, smuggfifer said:
On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 18:14, Bayviewboy said:

Even go the whole hog, and have a full season ticket that does all! Pay £50 more and access all games, except the Scottish Cup.

season tickets  should be for ALL home games , inc  friendlies , all cup games .

season tickets  should be for ALL home games , inc  friendlies , all cup games .

Agree to an extent but definitely not cup games. Don’t agree with that at all.
However for clubs the size of us every avenue of revenue must be explored. Any extra money brought in can lead to extra budget/ players in the season. Cup runs help massively due to extra money.
Imagine 1000 people at an average of £10 per person.
That’s £10k which is £192 per week of wages.

Same again for a friendly.
500 people at average of £7 is an extra £70 a week in wages. So 3 friendlies is another players wage for the season.