The East Fife Thread

All the best to Chris Duggan. 

Shame his time with us was blighted by injury - hopefully he gets a prolonged period of full fitness. 

His dignified comments on being released by the Rovers contrast somewhat with Johnny Court's meltdown a year ago. 

Shame his time with us was blighted by injury - hopefully he gets a prolonged period of full fitness. 
His dignified comments on being released by the Rovers contrast somewhat with Johnny Court's meltdown a year ago. 
Missed this at the time - what's the story?

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:
2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Missed this at the time - what's the story?

Duggan thanked everyone for their support, enjoyed his time at the club etc. Court had a twitter meltdown about people being unable to recognise talent blah blah blah. Can't remember the exact wording, but he was quite bitter. 

3 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Duggan thanked everyone for their support, enjoyed his time at the club etc. Court had a twitter meltdown about people being unable to recognise talent blah blah blah. Can't remember the exact wording, but he was quite bitter. 

I'm surprised his mum let him get away with that.

That’s another cracking signing and unlike the last time he was here we now have quality attacking options and we won’t have to just rely on Duggan to score the goals.

Take your pick from Dowds, Smith, Wallace and Duggan. [emoji16]

As said the attack is sorted. Wallace, Duggan, Dowds and Smith is an unbelievable 4 to choose from if all can stay fit. A massive improvement on last season.

I’m also happy with Long and Hart as keeper options, again another improvement.

I would have Dunsmore, Denholm, Watt, Hunter, Agnew, Davidson, Bell and Murdoch as our midfield options so feel that is enough but would love another to make up for the inexperience of Bell and Hunter, and also baring in mind Dunsmore and Murdoch may be used further back when needed.

Who I would consider as defence is still looking short though. Slattery, Dunlop and Higgins show we need more bodies there. Watson, a left back and a centre back are needed and I’d imagine the latter two will be loans. Then Dunsmore and Murdoch providing additional cover would be enough.

I don’t think we’ll see much else from the club for a couple of weeks as we’ll need to wait on loans becoming available and Janny proving his fitness. If we could get a couple of quality loans then I think the play-offs is a realistic target.

Said it before - we need a big dominating centre half....or does the management team have a fear of appointing an individual taller than them?[emoji28]Seriously tremendous business by all at EF!

9 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

Said it before - we need a big dominating centre half....or does the management team have a fear of appointing an individual taller than them?emoji28.pngSeriously tremendous business by all at EF!

I agree, but if Janny signs (which he should) that takes us up to 18 players and to get any more could be pushing the budget a bit!!!

I can see us running with Dunlop and Higgins as our pairing and Murdoch and Janny will be the cover, I think if the envelope is to be pushed and we make another signing it will be for a LB, we are woefully thin on that side, if anything happens to Pat, we're screwed!!!

But that gripe shouldn't take anything away from what DY and his team AND the BoD have done here, there can't be another Club who are as advanced in their preparations for next season as we are, it has been tremendous AND IT'S STILL MAY!?!?!?

As soon as pre-season starts we can hit the ground running instead of still scrambling around looking for players like every other Club will be and like we usually are!!!

I agree, but if Janny signs (which he should) that takes us up to 18 players and to get any more could be pushing the budget a bit!!!
I can see us running with Dunlop and Higgins as our pairing and Murdoch and Janny will be the cover, I think if the envelope is to be pushed and we make another signing it will be for a LB, we are woefully thin on that side, if anything happens to Pat, we're screwed!!!
But that gripe shouldn't take anything away from what DY and his team AND the BoD have done here, there can't be another Club who are as advanced in their preparations for next season as we are, it has been tremendous AND IT'S STILL MAY!?!?!?
As soon as pre-season starts we can hit the ground running instead of still scrambling around looking for players like every other Club will be and like we usually are!!!

I can confirm a left sided player (probably a loan) are being looked at :)

27 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

I can confirm a left sided player (probably a loan) are being looked at :)

You've said "are" here, it's either a grammatical error or you meant to talk about more than one player than just the left sided one. Get it telt!

The club have to take credit for being organised and getting quality signings in so soon! If you had told me weeks ago we would pay a fee for Ryan Wallace and get Duggan back too I would have laughed at you! We couldn't have asked for a better league cup draw too! Happy days

Any idea when the fixtures for the League Cup are announced? I'd imagine the clubs in each group will meet for a chat about it, unless there's a set format you have to follow.

Also, any update from those at the club about the managers fund/monthly contribution thing I emailed about during last season? Last response was they were hoping to kick it off again this summer (See Raith along the road for a bit of inspiration on that front, they've just revamped theirs!)

In the BetFred Cup I’m sure we played the first 4 fixtures last year and were free on date 5. Personally I think that the top two seeded teams which are almost all full-time should be made to play first 4 and last 4 so that the part-time teams have a break between games. Playing Sat, Tues, Sat, Tues at such an early stage of the season is tough on part-time teams and more likely to lead to injuries. With only signed players allowed to play also limits these teams in terms of rotating their squad. The full time clubs will have a bigger squad so can therefore cope with the demands a bit easier. No doubt the SPFL have never thought of that or as usual are looking after the ‘big teams’

In the BetFred Cup I’m sure we played the first 4 fixtures last year and were free on date 5. Personally I think that the top two seeded teams which are almost all full-time should be made to play first 4 and last 4 so that the part-time teams have a break between games. Playing Sat, Tues, Sat, Tues at such an early stage of the season is tough on part-time teams and more likely to lead to injuries. With only signed players allowed to play also limits these teams in terms of rotating their squad. The full time clubs will have a bigger squad so can therefore cope with the demands a bit easier. No doubt the SPFL have never thought of that or as usual are looking after the ‘big teams’

Surely we want the first 4 then with the fact we are nearly finished our signings [emoji23]