The East Fife Thread

9 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

UTD and Hearts away one on tv for the money and Cowden and Stenny away on the mid weeks would work out best

Think the only priority signing now should be an out and out left back and then happy with that to then let the other 3/4 spots be filled by Janny if fully fit and loanees

And hopefully duggan 

35 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

HEARTS , DUNDEE UNITED, US, STENNY AND COWDENBEATH!!!

Two big games

A local derby

And a game against stenny... decent!

Thats as good a group as i could have wanted. Hearts and Dundee Utd would be good away days, hopefully DY has the squad firing and we are competitive

32 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Away to Utd and Hearts would be Braw!!!

Do we still chop gate receipts in the group stages of this? I'm sure I read elsewhere that it doesn't happen. Regardless I'd imagine we'll have just one of them at home. 

to be fair if i had seen that as our preseason schedule and not the cup draw i would have been pretty happy anyway.

I think we either played hearts or hibs a few seasons ago in preseason and they brought a fairly healthy crowd along with them, so i wouldnt complain about that being at bayview (provided it wasn't midweek) I cant remember the last time we played a competitive game against Dundee Utd tho

East Fife 1-1 Dundee United Scottish Cup 3rd Round 1991. United won replay 2-1 at Tannadice. I will never forget Alan Main giving it large to East Fife fans after a injury time leveller at Bayview .c**t .
We played in Brazil strip in the replay at Tanadice, and Stuart Wilson scored a worldy, worthy of the strip. Lost 2-1 in extra time.

Couldn't have been a better draw, potentially a quick hop over the Tay Bridge, one over the Forth and one over the Kincardine and one in Fife!!!
We couldn't have planned it better if we did it ourselves!!!

1 hour ago, smuggfifer said:
1 hour ago, East Fife 1903 said:
East Fife 1-1 Dundee United Scottish Cup 3rd Round 1991. United won replay 2-1 at Tannadice. I will never forget Alan Main giving it large to East Fife fans after a injury time leveller at Bayview .c**t .

We played in Brazil strip in the replay at Tanadice, and Stuart Wilson scored a worldy, worthy of the strip. Lost 2-1 in extra time.

I was a bit too young to remember, but i was intrigued by a brazil like east fife top  so just googled it! :lol::lol: Maybe it looks better in the flesh....

1 hour ago, East Fife 1903 said:

You can see goals from replay on youtube. I don't know how to put it up here.

15 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Darren Young getting pass marks for you guys? Our local paper saying a club insider has said he’s one of the ones we’re looking at for Goodwin’s replacement.

He’s just signed a two year contract, you’d have to stump up the cash to get him!!!

He’s just signed a two year contract, you’d have to stump up the cash to get him!!!

Like I said on our thread, it’s a very easy name for a journalist to make a connection and throw in at the end of an article.

I totally forgot about that and would imagine we wouldn’t touch him with that, but hey, let’s see what happens when Goodwin eventually goes.

Darren Young getting pass marks for you guys? Our local paper saying a club insider has said he’s one of the ones we’re looking at for Goodwin’s replacement.

Started the league campaign poorly then had a great patch mid season with some good cup results against ft opposition but unfortunately we finished the season with 1 win in 17 games and the football was poor after our excellent run, the jury is still out! Recently signed a new contract extension so he's going nowhere!

9 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

I think getting pass marks is about right tbh, it's not so much been slow and steady but a lot of fantastic highs and a lot of lows combined together to be somewhat middling. I sincerely hope that, given how solid our pre-season planning has been and continues to be, he remains here for the season. As you say, it's easy for a journalist to throw in a his name in to bulk up an article.