The East Fife Thread

I have got a feeling  it will be difficult to replace the positive influence that Docherty has had on our squad, and I think that is probably why EF wanted to keep him (although I doubt if we were willing to match the 2 year deal offered to him by Forfar).

I will always be grateful to him for winning the ball in the dying minutes against Raith and having the courage to put the ball in for Agnew to layoff to Dunsmore.   :thumsup2  A lot of players in that position would have played it safe and settled for the draw.

Oh and if he scores a penalty against us next season some of our supporters will go into meltdown.   

Edited by fifer

3 hours ago, fifer said:

I have got a feeling  it will be difficult to replace the positive influence that Docherty has had on our squad, and I think that is probably why EF wanted to keep him (although I doubt if we were willing to match the 2 year deal offered to him by Forfar).

I will always be grateful to him for winning the ball in the dying minutes against Raith and having the courage to put the ball in for Agnew to layoff to Dunsmore.   :thumsup2  A lot of players in that position would have played it safe and settled for the draw.

Oh and if he scores a penalty against us next season some of our supporters will go into meltdown.   

I seen duggan in dumfries on saturday (queens end of course) and looked a much better player than he was with us. More than happy if he came back.

So Duggan, Higgins, Murdoch and Burns we're all interested in. Would take them all, not a big fan of Higgins but I'm probably being too harsh given it wasn't just him underperforming the latter half of the season. 

If we sign those lot, I make it probably one centre half and a right back (Watson?), and Darren might be happy with the squad. I'd prefer another winger personally but can't have it all! 

Edited by Big Fifer

So Duggan, Higgins, Murdoch and Burns we're all interested in. Would take them all, not a big fan of Higgins but I'm probably being too harsh given it wasn't just him underperforming the latter half of the season. 
If we sign those lot, I make it probably one centre half and a right back (Watson?), and Darren might be happy with the squad. I'd prefer another winger personally but can't have it all! 

Another winger is just getting greedy [emoji23]

17 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Another winger is just getting greedy emoji23.png

Is it though? We have Watt and Denholm. Who else? Kev can play there but not a whole game, Tonks was played wide left at the end of last season which was an experiment I hope to never see again, Dunsmore but only if we sign a right back...

Edited by Big Fifer

Is it though? We have Watt and Denholm. Who else? Kev can play there but not a whole game, Tonks was played wide left at the end of last season which was an experiment I hope to never see again, Dunsmore but only if we sign a right back...

Mentioned to Scott few weeks back that Chris Johnston from Annan would be a good addition but probably a bit of a stretch. Apparently was fantastic for Annan over the season

Probably are being a bit harsh regarding Higgins, he was fine without being outstanding, I think adequate would describe him best and if he can rid himself of his one brainfart per game ratio then he would probably be fine/good!!!

Duggan will need to be given the wire-brush and Dettol treatment and promise to score in every game against Raith for me to like him as much as I did previously!!![emoji6]

Can't claim to know too much about Burns but another wide man couldn't hurt but the potential signing of Murdoch could be a game changer, he was originally brought in to be out "Destroyer" in the middle of the park, a job he is more than capable off but due to injuries to himself and others ended up playing at RB, he could be the player we have been missing in the middle of the park since, ohhhhh I dunno, Johnny Allison???

Mentioned to Scott few weeks back that Chris Johnston from Annan would be a good addition but probably a bit of a stretch. Apparently was fantastic for Annan over the season

Haha if anyone wants a player like that we will need to get the sponsorships up and the season tickets bought, get another 100 season tickets snapped up and I’m sure Darren will get the funds to boost the team. Not a clue what he will be on but it will surely be a lot.

Haha if anyone wants a player like that we will need to get the sponsorships up and the season tickets bought, get another 100 season tickets snapped up and I’m sure Darren will get the funds to boost the team. Not a clue what he will be on but it will surely be a lot.

Whit? Why would he be on a lot he's at Annan?

Anyway heard he's Clyde bound

Whit? Why would he be on a lot he's at Annan?

Anyway heard he's Clyde bound

Aye but I doubt they aren’t going to be offering him small wages to stay?
Teams will be taking note and offering big money.

Just look at how crazy it has all become with teams offering guys funny money. Certainly glad I have nothing to do with it as I would be losing it seeing how much some of these guys are asking for.

Just look at how crazy it has all become with teams offering guys funny money. Certainly glad I have nothing to do with it as I would be losing it seeing how much some of these guys are asking for.

Big money? Settle. He'll get a good part time deal now I'm guessing but nothing EF couldn't easily afford haha

And Kelty aside I'm no really seeing that happening

If you want a weak winger who will play 1 good game in 10 just get flannagan back. "mini Messi" was awful for us.

6 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Big Money? 

Big Money? 

Yeah just look at the numbers flying about.

EK signing Darren Odea!!
Kelty and all their guys.
East Stirling taking Low off QOTS!!
Cove pay good money too and that’s just the lower teams.
I severely doubt he’s going to get an offer under the 300pw mark

Yeah just look at the numbers flying about.

EK signing Darren Odea!!
Kelty and all their guys.
East Stirling taking Low off QOTS!!
Cove pay good money too and that’s just the lower teams.
I severely doubt he’s going to get an offer under the 300pw mark

Can’t believe Darren O’dea has gone to EK. Would have had him at Bayview in a shot