The East Fife Thread

Can’t believe that Fash and Dylan Easton have gone there for anything other than money. These guys should be approaching the best days of their careers and should be playing at as high a level as possible so they can look back in years to come at what they have achieved in the game. If they were coming to the end of their careers, then it’s one final pay day but for me it shows a real lack of ambition. They will now be remembered as soccer mercenaries. Dropping from the Championship to Lowland League !? Oh but wait, they’ve always supported Kelty Hearts and they are the only team they have ever wanted to play for !

Can’t believe that Fash and Dylan Easton have gone there for anything other than money. These guys should be approaching the best days of their careers and should be playing at as high a level as possible so they can look back in years to come at what they have achieved in the game. If they were coming to the end of their careers, then it’s one final pay day but for me it shows a real lack of ambition. They will now be remembered as soccer mercenaries. Dropping from the Championship to Lowland League !? Oh but wait, they’ve always supported Kelty Hearts and they are the only team they have ever wanted to play for !

Totally agree. However sometimes we need to remember that these guys are part time players. If your getting offered silly money (life changing) to do this you would take it too.
Football wages don’t pay for a mortgage (1 year deals don’t get allowed from mortgage providers) so getting a perm job and a huge wage on the side certainly changes futures. This can be the only way that they can bring in players as good as they have.

I don't really think you can blame guys like Fash and Easton for going to Kelty. Neither are going to be reaching the highest level of the game, let's be honest. A decent FT job and the PT wages from Kelty are probably going to see Fash earning considerably more than he was FT at ICT. Really, footballers wages don't get silly until you're at a very big club.

Ooooft. It's fair play to say he never got offered a contract at East Fife and i wouldn't really slag any of these players for 'lack of ambition' to be honest. Fans tend to think ambition is the be all and end all when it would lead to players making the decisions they want them to make.

But it's a bit silly to say Kelty is the more ambitious move because they've got a good chance of winning promotion to a level below they one we're at.

Ooooft. It's fair play to say he never got offered a contract at East Fife and i wouldn't really slag any of these players for 'lack of ambition' to be honest. Fans tend to think ambition is the be all and end all when it would lead to players making the decisions they want them to make.

But it's a bit silly to say Kelty is the more ambitious move because they've got a good chance of winning promotion to a level below they one we're at.

Aye the "ambition" argument is a nonsense. They're part time lower league players for Christ sake. A large portion of their decision will be based on finances, regardless of what league it is. Kelty can blow almost all out of the water, so no wonder guys go to them.

Linton 30 yrs old injury prone lack of game time at Fife, life is to short, nothing to do with ambition, he just likes playing football and if earning a few more pounds playing at Kelty, then good luck to him

I don't really think you can blame guys like Fash and Easton for going to Kelty. Neither are going to be reaching the highest level of the game, let's be honest. A decent FT job and the PT wages from Kelty are probably going to see Fash earning considerably more than he was FT at ICT. Really, footballers wages don't get silly until you're at a very big club.

Agreed

Whilst would of loved to see Fash back and 2 years at least playing in lower league is some commitment- if he is earning a lot more and gets a good job as well I wish him well- he didn’t really make it at ICT so a F/T career seems now passed for him and don’t blame him for going for better money.

Kelty are clearly going for it with financial backing. This is nothing new in football- sometimes it works, often it does not( eg us!). Enjoy the dream and who knows how long the dream will last.

IMG_4195.jpg

Here is a small selection of our advertising and sponsorship opportunities available.

What about everyone tries to get their workplace to buy a board to advertise or do something to help the club.

Give me a shout if you want a hand with anything or you have an interested workplace and it can be sorted out.

Want to get the stadium filled with sponsors giving us the best opportunity to do well this season!

Also get as many interested in this too IMG_4159.jpg

Tell them imagine we get a good run on a cup again and are broadcast over 2 channels in the one night with your logo all over the UKs screens!

11 minutes ago, FullTimePint said:

That will be a shootout for the number 1 jersey, both quality keepers. Another quality signing.

14 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Jordan Hart confirmed as coming! Quality second keeper! Will definitely push Brett along too!

:lol:

You better pray that Long doesn't get injured.