The East Fife Thread

McGeever was excellent at Queens Park - a real no nonsense Centre Half who would add height to our team. He’s struggled at Brechin with a few injuries I believe. If fully fit, he’d be a good addition.
Not sure what is happening with Andy Ryan at Dunfermline. He has struggled to get game time. Maybe better suited to being part time. Don’t see why we shouldn’t aim high as after all Fash was prepared to drop from the Championship to come to us before allegedly dropping further down the leagues.

13 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

I felt that Ben McKenzie was absolutely shit at us, and not any better at Airdrie. I don’t feel that he would push Brett any more than Terry and McDowell did.

If he strikers Duggan and Mackin surely the only likely targets from that. Jackson will stay at an Angus team I think. Rest would be an unreal coup and great show of intent if we got one as you say!

To be fair Ben McKenzie did fine at Airdrie,  Came to the club when Scott Gallagher blew his knee in the first league game,  his replacement David Hutton came in and did ok, then he got injured and Ben played a good number of games and was arguably better than the two before him,  The one notable mistake was a poor kick out against yourselves, and  the rest of the season was spent riding the pine..

To be fair Ben McKenzie did fine at Airdrie,  Came to the club when Scott Gallagher blew his knee in the first league game,  his replacement David Hutton came in and did ok, then he got injured and Ben played a good number of games and was arguably better than the two before him,  The one notable mistake was a poor kick out against yourselves, and  the rest of the season was spent riding the pine..

A poor kick out? We used to sit and count how many times he DIDNT kick it out the park [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Colin Methven got my vote for the post 70's centre-half in the All-time greats team. John Martis beat him...

John Martis was arguably post 70's too, (69-75), it's a toss up as both have been the best I've seen in an EF jersey .

23 minutes ago, lukejoaitken said:

Clyde promoted, just waiting on the other result now to see who we'll be up against.

From a forum point of view that's not good news. Clyde have the most annoying deluded fans going. 

From a forum point of view that's not good news. Clyde have the most annoying deluded fans going. 

They'll be vying for that title with the Rovers and Falkirk fans here. Cannae wait!!![emoji20] 

Thank f**k Livi legged it a couple of years ago, can you imagine if they were still here as well???