The East Fife Thread

Interesting graphic...IMG_0921.thumb.jpg.8bc4a63b9d3a961aaaf9023d7a11c737.jpg
Really highlights our drop off!!![emoji20]

Onwards and upwards.

Next season I have a good feeling. We have got what 12/13 guys signed up already and I’m sure Darren will have others he’s speaking to or close to signing.

Look at Dumbarton and Rovers currently with 1/2 guys signed up and no idea what they are doing. The core squad staying is massive so hopefully they can start the season flying.

Onwards and upwards.

Next season I have a good feeling. We have got what 12/13 guys signed up already and I’m sure Darren will have others he’s speaking to or close to signing.

Look at Dumbarton and Rovers currently with 1/2 guys signed up and no idea what they are doing. The core squad staying is massive so hopefully they can start the season flying.

Actually so do I.

My top 3 requests would be a big CH, a RB and a creative Midfielder!

If greedy another CF-as looks like Austin not coming - a big shame- but hey really happy with recruits so far( and would be a tough choice between Austin and Tonks- the latter will get better ).... more optimistic this summer than last summer.....

11 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Actually so do I.

If greedy another CF-as looks like Austin not coming - a big shame- but hey really happy with recruits so far( and would be a tough choice between Austin and Tonks- the latter will get better ).... more optimistic this summer than last summer.....

Maybe time to look at Spence again???

Actually so do I.

Yeah sitting with

GK’s
Brett

Def
Dunsmore
Dunlop
Pat

Mid
Hunter
Davidson
Agnew
Bell
Watt
Denholm

Att
Smith
Wallace
Dowds

13 signed.
Hopefully a new keeper.
Hope Watson and sparky re sign
A new CB
Another striker

And then our team is perfect and ready to go

18 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Yeah sitting with

GK’s
Brett

Def
Dunsmore
Dunlop
Pat

Mid
Hunter
Davidson
Agnew
Bell
Watt
Denholm

Att
Smith
Wallace
Dowds

13 signed.
Hopefully a new keeper.
Hope Watson and sparky re sign
A new CB
Another striker

And then our team is perfect and ready to go

Going into the season with just two signed centre halves would be suicidal. 

Looks like we’ve lost out on bringing Fash back to Bayview. Need another striker to add competition up front. Do we go for a young loan striker similar to Rory Currie or do we try to sign one on a permanent deal ? A few that may be available - Michael Moffat (Ayr) Craig Moore (Ayr) Blair Henderson (Edinburgh City) Dylan Mackin (Stirling Albion) Chris Duggan (Raith Rovers) Kris Doolan (Patrick Thistle) Greig Spence (Arbroath) Leighton McIntosh (Airdrie) Andy Jackson (Brechin City)
Moffat - always been a big fan, especially when played just behind the striker/s. Maybe coming towards the end of his career, but a clever player who could still do a job at our level.
Moore - small, mobile with an eye for goal, probably will want to stay full time but maybe worth an enquiry.
Henderson - had a fantastic season and probably looking for full time.
Mackin - a realistic target I would think. Big and powerful. If fully fit I think he could be a great addition.
Duggan - would love to see a fully fit Chris back at Bayview. Question marks over his injury issues but maybe part time as opposed to full time may help resolve these issues.
Dolan - would be a great addition but highly unlikely as he will no doubt be looking for full time - we can dream !
Spence - a couple of years ago, I would have been delighted to have him at Bayview but he seems to have lost his way after returning to Starks Park and has struggled to make an impact at Gayfield.
McIntosh - always been impressed by him, especially his work rate and pace. Been offered full time at Airdrie I believe but depending on his job away from football, he may want to stay part time.
Jackson - another who seems to have lost his way a bit, but maybe just that he wasn’t getting decent service in a poor Brechin team. Knows his way to goal. Maybe just needing a new challenge.
To be honest, any of the above would be good additions to our squad and would signal a real intent to get to at least the play offs next season in what looks likely to be an even tougher challenge next season.
In terms of a goalkeeper to challenge Brett Long, we could do worse than trying to get Ben McKenzie who we had on loan from St Johnstone, before he went to Airdrie last season.

I felt that Ben McKenzie was absolutely shit at us, and not any better at Airdrie. I don’t feel that he would push Brett any more than Terry and McDowell did.

If he strikers Duggan and Mackin surely the only likely targets from that. Jackson will stay at an Angus team I think. Rest would be an unreal coup and great show of intent if we got one as you say!

With Kane and Meggat definitely away ,and Watson,Higgins,and Docherty out of contract whilst Murdoch's loan has expired, surely defenders MUST be the priority.

i do not consider Dunsmore to be a right- back , more of a wing-back or right mid-fielder, and consequently I feel we have only Dunlop and Slattery as defenders.

If Watson was to return that would be fantastic news as he gives us pace and height in defence, whilst his presence brings out the best in Dunsmore further up the field.

Personally I would have no problems with Higgins, Docherty, and Murdoch re-signing. The main problem towards the end of last season was the defensive midfielders in front of them.

Irrespective, we do need a big, strong  centre half with aerial ability to defend and attack at corners. A few years ago Gary Naysmith tried to sign Ryan Mc Geever from at the

time Queen's Park. He has just been released by Brechin.

With regard to the second keeper, I must admit that I was not impressed with Ben McKenzie . A few years ago we had a local keeper Jordan Millar , who eventually played for Montrose .

No idea where he is, but my recollection  was that he was tall and liked to come out for corners.

The nucleus of a good squad is there at the moment- a few defenders and hopefully we will hit the ground running.

With Kane and Meggat definitely away ,and Watson,Higgins,and Docherty out of contract whilst Murdoch's loan has expired, surely defenders MUST be the priority.
i do not consider Dunsmore to be a right- back , more of a wing-back or right mid-fielder, and consequently I feel we have only Dunlop and Slattery as defenders.
If Watson was to return that would be fantastic news as he gives us pace and height in defence, whilst his presence brings out the best in Dunsmore further up the field.
Personally I would have no problems with Higgins, Docherty, and Murdoch re-signing. The main problem towards the end of last season was the defensive midfielders in front of them.
Irrespective, we do need a big, strong  centre half with aerial ability to defend and attack at corners. A few years ago Gary Naysmith tried to sign Ryan Mc Geever from at the
time Queen's Park. He has just been released by Brechin.
With regard to the second keeper, I must admit that I was not impressed with Ben McKenzie . A few years ago we had a local keeper Jordan Millar , who eventually played for Montrose .
No idea where he is, but my recollection  was that he was tall and liked to come out for corners.
The nucleus of a good squad is there at the moment- a few defenders and hopefully we will hit the ground running.

Sure Jordan Millar is at Lochee United

Gary Naysmith also tried to sign "Corrie" McCormack from Bowhill, but he had the chance of international football with the Scotland amateur team. Big strong CB and good organiser as well. Wonder if he is still playing at that level?
He went junior after he had the trial with you but I'm sure he ended up back at Bowhill.