The East Fife Thread

2 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

Along with a Keeper next to come om board in the next few days according to EFM but no name mentioned

Unconfirmed reports of Vitor Baia spotted on Leven High Street.

So, a transfer fee eh???
When was the last time we paid one of those, Kenny Munro from Cowdenbeath maybe???IMG_0914.jpgThey obviously came in handy after all!!![emoji23]

Great to have Wallace back. Was excellent for us the last time around and has been pretty consistent with Arbroath.

Certainly offers something a lot different to Dowds and would be a decent partnership at this level anyway.

18 minutes ago, gogsy said:

You do have to take into account players leaving as well though, four senior players announced as leaving  (Dalziel, Christie,Greig and Nimmo)another four players at least on the way out probably.

I understand it's normal for fans to get defensive about accusations of money getting thrown around but realistically, it's likely that players like Wallace, Austin, Easton or Reilly will command much higher salaries than any of the players you mentioned.  These are all players who could take their pick from almost any club in the bottom two leagues and possibly a few Championship clubs. None of the four players you mentioned would be anywhere near that position.

i appreciate players don't always take the highest offers, there are other factors. But for Kelty to take any of the players they're rumoured to be signing, they'll have to be outbidding clubs at least two levels above the league they're in, which suggests that by lowland league standards, they have got an extremely hefty budget this season.

Fair play, why not push the boat out a bit to try and get into the league for 2020, but if these players are signed, it's a bit silly to suggest Kelty aren't flashing the cash.

Edit. I think it's more likely Kelty might splash out on one or two of these players. I'd be shocked if they signed up the lot of them.

Edited by Gordon EF

I understand it's normal for fans to get defensive about accusations of money getting thrown around but realistically, it's likely that players like Wallace, Austin, Easton or Reilly will command much higher salaries than any of the players you mentioned.  These are all players who could take their pick from almost any club in the bottom two leagues and possibly a few Championship clubs. None of the four players you mentioned would be anywhere near that position.

i appreciate players don't always take the highest offers, there are other factors. But for Kelty to take any of the players they're rumoured to be signing, they'll have to be outbidding clubs at least two levels above the league they're in, which suggests that by lowland league standards, they have got an extremely hefty budget this season.

Fair play, why not push the boat out a bit to try and get into the league for 2020, but if these players are signed, it's a bit silly to suggest Kelty aren't flashing the cash.

Edit. I think it's more likely Kelty might splash out on one or two of these players. I'd be shocked if they signed up the lot of them.

But you know it's a fact at that level, Darvel rumoured to be paying Meggatt between £500-700 per week, these fuckers seem to play under different rules than the Senior Clubs!!!

If a junior Club has a busy puggy in the Social Club it doesn't go through any books and goes straight into some players pay packet!!!

I wouldn't argue with any of that but if there are eight or nine going out, that does free up wages for players coming in. Also would think nearly all the players being going out with the exception of Christie and Greig will bring in transfer fees while most of the players coming in will be free agents.

Who would pay a transfer fee for any of those players? I would think they would more than likely just be released.

But you know it's a fact at that level, Darvel rumoured to be paying Meggatt between £500-700 per week, these fuckers seem to play under different rules than the Senior Clubs!!!
If a junior Club has a busy puggy in the Social Club it doesn't go through any books and goes straight into some players pay packet!!!

One thing with Meggatt. His contract is made up of work outside football with the football but being an add on.

That’s how kelty do it too. Get Guys Doing Door to Door sales or learning trades for conservatory converters.

5 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

One thing with Meggatt. His contract is made up of work outside football with the football but being an add on.

That’s how kelty do it too. Get Guys Doing Door to Door sales or learning trades for conservatory converters.

Thought it'd be something like that. Not a bad wee way to do things.

15 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I wouldn't argue with any of that but if there are eight or nine going out, that does free up wages for players coming in. Also would think nearly all the players being going out with the exception of Christie and Greig will bring in transfer fees while most of the players coming in will be free agents.

No disrespect to the guy, but if Kelty have got someone to pay a transfer fee for Scott Dalziel, get them on the fucking Brexit team because their negotiating skills must be something else.