The East Fife Thread

Bit of a kick in the baws that the guy who scooped ALL the PotY awards this season has decided that his future lies in Junior football!!!

DY has his work cut out bringing in a replacement capable of filling Meggatt's boots!!!

Meggatt is streets ahead of Junior level football, but careers are short so why not go for extra money. Disappointed to lose him but certainly replaceable.

Hopefully Watson signs on again but we are short of a couple of defenders now. A commanding centre half is a must. What’s Steven Tweed up to these days? Apart from speaking Japanese of course.

Resigning Janny is a MUST regardless if hes injured or not but we do need another two CHs in though aswell to replace the likes of Kano and Meggat.

I would sign a left back just me that sees Sparky and Pat needs play more forward role than LB.

Another Gk for brett possible someone thats worth challenging Brett i just feel his form dipped since he picked up injuries towards end of the season there.

Midfield would be greedy by signing another wide player possibly have in onloan if we have to but that department looks busy.

Finally strikers one or two for me thats replacing Courty and RC19 because looked what happened having 4 good strikers , goal ratio improves and thats what i want again...;)  looking forward tomorrow announcement thats coming and the start of the football again.

EF SQUAD 2019-2020

Goalkeepers

Brett Long

Michael Couser ?

Defenders

Aaron Dunsmore

Ross Dunlop

Craig Watson ?

Midfielders

Lewis Hunter

Patrick Slattery

Ross Davidson

Scott Agnew

Kyle Bell

Mark Docherty ?

Danny Denholm

Liam Watt

Attackers

Kevin Smith

Tonks !!

Wallace would be a great signing, hopefully it is announced this week.  I genuinely cant remember the last time we paid a transfer fee for someone! 

With Falkirk coming down and either QOTS/Raith also being in the league (probably clyde aswell) it is going to be a tough one next year, glad we are going for a bit of quality!

3 hours ago, sneed hearn said:

Courier says Ryan Wallace will sign for East Fife after the clubs agreed a 4 figure fee.

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Wallace would be a brilliant signing. Didn't realise we were such bloody #ballers that we can afford to pay fees for players these days. 8)

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Ea$t Fif£ joining Airdri£onian$ in the #SoMoney league this season.

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

I’m €A$T £I£€ till I die emoji23.png

DY be like...

image.gif

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Wallace is a much better signing than DD. Him dropping out our starting 11 was one of the things that started our stutter imo.

DC must have someone up his sleeve. Hopefully the man you call Fash

If missing out on Fash meant we had Ryan Wallace as a compromise then I'd have to be willing to take it and wish Austin the best at Arbroath.

That being said, you lot can ram it, I want them both. :P

To be honest I think we will have to continue strengthening with deals like this. I've seen a few posts the past couple of pages saying that we need a few extra bodies and being happy with the midfield etc, I honestly think every signing from herein we should be trying to improve on what we have rather than filling the bench and sticking with the side.

With Falkirk down, potentially Clyde up, one of QotS/Raith here, an undoubtedly improved Dumbarton, a soon-to-be full time Airdrieonians and a cash-throwing Peterheid, League 1 is, in my opinion, going to be significantly harder next year for us. Not suggesting we need to be paying fees for players every time, but despite us having a decent squad already signed we need to keep improving on it if we have aspirations of top 4 next season. 

Edited by Big Fifer

34 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

To be honest I think we will have to continue strengthening with deals like this. I've seen a few posts the past couple of pages saying that we need a few extra bodies and being happy with the midfield etc, I honestly think every signing from herein we should be trying to improve on what we have rather than filling the bench and sticking with the side.

With Falkirk down, potentially Clyde up, one of QotS/Raith here, an undoubtedly improved Dumbarton, a soon-to-be full time Airdrieonians and a cash-throwing Peterheid, League 1 is, in my opinion, going to be significantly harder next year for us. Not suggesting we need to be paying fees for players every time, but despite us having a decent squad already signed we need to keep improving on it if we have aspirations of top 4 next season. 

Totally agree.

Looking through the potential other 9 L1 teams for next season, there's very few mugs in there. I know Stranraer have financial difficulties but they've been in that position for a while and always seem to be able to pull a decent side together. Falkirk, Raith or QotS would be looking to win the league and likely have budgets to match that ambition. Forfar and Montrose look like they'll be largely unchanged from last season so are likely to be very decent L1 sides minimum. Clyde have been on fantastic form since Lennon took over and it looks like they're finally on the way back. Airdrie should improve once Murray gets a chance to build his own team. Dumbarton seem like a bit of a wild card at the moment, not even sure if Duffy will still be around.

So aye,it could be the case that we have to improve just to stand still.

Imagine we were all getting this excited and the guy who originally posted it was lying [emoji23] I’ve yet to see anything anywhere online about this. Not even courier website.
Absolutely unreal signing if true but a couple folk on Arbroath page saying he personally said it was just a rumour [emoji102]

I have all my fingers crossed for today’s announcement!