The East Fife Thread

4 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Now the rumour mill has well and truly started who would your ideal signings be and why. (Not outlandish things but realistic signings)
What would it do to the team and how would they help us progress???

Either Fash or Kris Doolan both are proven goalscorers and would certainly add to our final third area along with the already Kev and Tonks. In midfield we have centre midfielders in Davidson, Agnew who can play as an attacking one so too can Bell but wide players would be welcome or another right back to alow Aaron play the right flank role. Next is centre backs we currently have Dunlop already confirmed for next campaign and cling to hope Janny or both Meggat signs well another two or three centre halves would be great and a more left back type player to allow either Sparky or Pat play in their position within the team. Another goalie too after Dan Terry left us and possible MC is away aswell cover for Brett is crucial that hes at the same level for the shirt too.

Anyone know if any dates are in place for pre season friendlies being lined up? Any tours of north england or glamour fixtures between wolves slash accrington or just the usual.

Will we be changing any of our three kits and will it be in Joma-sportswear?

Whats the prices for next season gate slash season ticket prices?

ETA sorry i had to ask here as i wasn't at the AGM tonight.

Will we be changing any of our three kits and will it be in Joma-sportswear?

I have heard that the kit will still be by Joma and the only strip to change will be the red and white striped one, changing to all white with flashes of red.

Very good quality, we would have been able to use our current home kit again next season if it wasn’t for the sponsor changes. Black kit will be used for a second season and red / white has lasted two full seasons as well. Haven’t heard of any issues with replicas either

1 minute ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

What's the quality of the Joma kits like guys? It's been announced they'll be making the kits for us next season.

Decent quality? Do they wash well? Etc..

They're good quality, but very much "European" sizes. I slagged off the fact we were offering XXXL sizes at the start of the season but turns out a Joma XXXL is probably only an XL. I ordered a large the first time and it was quite the sight I'll tell you that for free...

michelin-man.jpg.a72da17f2b315c1793dc3f3917446b05.jpg

Very good quality, we would have been able to use our current home kit again next season if it wasn’t for the sponsor changes. Black kit will be used for a second season and red / white has lasted two full seasons as well. Haven’t heard of any issues with replicas either

Wouldn't be sad to see the back of the all-black one as it is obviously cursed, did we not just win the once whilst wearing it (Forfar away)???

Good to see we've frozen the ticket prices for this year. Still think only saving £25 over the course is a season will put people off (that's less than two games missed ffs!) but since I'm not in a position to attend even half the home games my opinion is somewhat moot. The tickets for troops is  still an absolute nonsense, but I think I'm inherently biased because it was originally introduced during the car crash that was the Lee Murray era.

Good to see we've frozen the ticket prices for this year. Still think only saving £25 over the course is a season will put people off (that's less than two games missed ffs!) but since I'm not in a position to attend even half the home games my opinion is somewhat moot. The tickets for troops is  still an absolute nonsense, but I think I'm inherently biased because it was originally introduced during the car crash that was the Lee Murray era.

Save £50 if you buy before 14th June

8 minutes ago, landerson1990 said:

Save £50 if you buy before 14th June

I can only speak from a fans point of view, for example looking at the teams above us that are also part-time. Arbroath and Forfar who've both been the best in the league had season tickets that were £200 (£20 lower than even our early bird prices), as well as more attractive concessionary prices. I posted an enormous rant about it when the tickets were originally increased, so I won't do it again :lol:

Note - the above must be noted as an opinion whilst fully trusting the board making the right decisions on this. The books are balanced, that's about as much as we can ask, so if the board thinks £245/220 is correct, then it's correct. 

I can only speak from a fans point of view, for example looking at the teams above us that are also part-time. Arbroath and Forfar who've both been the best in the league had season tickets that were £200 (£20 lower than even our early bird prices), as well as more attractive concessionary prices. I posted an enormous rant about it when the tickets were originally increased, so I won't do it again :lol:
Note - the above must be noted as an opinion whilst fully trusting the board making the right decisions on this. The books are balanced, that's about as much as we can ask, so if the board thinks £245/220 is correct, then it's correct. 

It’s about balance. Our concession/adult price may be more expensive but out child price is a lot cheaper (£20 compared to £80/50) which I personally think is the way to go. Also, our concessions are over 60s where as most teams are over 65s

It’s about balance. Our concession/adult price may be more expensive but out child price is a lot cheaper (£20 compared to £80/50) which I personally think is the way to go. Also, our concessions are over 60s where as most teams are over 65s
Fair enough! Those running the club know the market/financial side of things better than I do.

The prices are fine to me. I think offering reduced prices for u16s and over80s is a great way to encourage new fans / reward those who've supported the club for decades.

Tickets for troops is a farce though. How many folk actually use them? What positive PR are the club actually getting that couldn't be gotten through a hundred other, better, ideas.

Attracting youngsters is important to encourage the next generation of supporters to the club and can’t grumble at £20 or £40.

The difficulty comes in trying to persuade people to support their local club and not to follow either half of the bigot brothers.

14 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Attracting youngsters is important to encourage the next generation of supporters to the club and can’t grumble at £20 or £40.

The difficulty comes in trying to persuade people to support their local club and not to follow either half of the bigot brothers.

Don't think there's much the club can do it this front tbh. Human nature is to see the bright shiny thing on the telly that wins the games more often than not and decide that's for you. The OF nonsense gets passed down each generation, youngsters instead of supporting their local side are on the supporters bus leaving a pub in Levenmouth to go support a team in Glasgow with their da, brothers etc. I can't see what the club can do to stop that. 

Don't think there's much the club can do it this front tbh. Human nature is to see the bright shiny thing on the telly that wins the games more often than not and decide that's for you. The OF nonsense gets passed down each generation, youngsters instead of supporting their local side are on the supporters bus leaving a pub in Levenmouth to go support a team in Glasgow with their da, brothers etc. I can't see what the club can do to stop that. 

Slash their tyres???

40 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Aye, offering and advertising cheap season tickets is probably about the best the club can do.

I'd imagine it's even worse now. Kids are probably growing up supporting Liverpool, Barca, Man City etc.

7 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Not sure how many people buy a season ticket to save money. We get ours partly because it guarantees the same seat and partly because it helps the club's cashflow.