The East Fife Thread

Is Linton out of contract or are Kelty going to have to  pay a fee for him?

His contract is ending in a couple weeks.

Of the loans;
Murdoch - would keep if dropping part time but quite injury prone it seems.
Currie- far too injury prone for my liking, very good player tho.
B.watson - absolutely rapid winger but doesn’t seem to create much.
Higgins- there is a player there but f**k knows what’s happened as he’s a good player but been off the pace with us.

Of the guys not yet contracted:
Linton - pretty sure kelty will offer him a silly deal.
Sparky - would try and keep him as I think the dressing room needs a guy like that.
Kano - will surely be away, played about 15 mins and had 3 reds in them. I do like him just not up to the next level we need.
Court - love courty but can’t seem to score which is gutting. Clutching at straws but would try and keep and loan out for game time and confidence.
Terry - think there is probably better keepers available out there.
Watson - think if his injury is as bad as it looked there’s no way we can keep him as we need players who can play. If it’s short term injury then have to keep him but I highly doubt it is.
Meggatt - strong possibility he will be away as his head looks to have been turned for something. Brilliant player too :(

Just my 50p on it all.

3 hours ago, gogsy said:

Six players coming in to Kelty for next season, most if not all will be free agents.  Meanwhile there will be as many or  possibly more going out, nearly all will be under contract for next season so transfers fees will have to be paid.

Are you saying Kelty will be getting transfer fees for half a dozen players? That seems total madness unless, they're just extremely nominal fees.

On 29/04/2019 at 12:47, grant1903 said:

Williamson could be freed from pars,him at rb and Steeves from Montrose at lb,but unlikely 

Was thinking the same thing another rb with Dunsmore playing out wide right of midfield and a natrual left back would be ideal- this season we’ve had to shuffle the lb position even though Slattery does the job but is a midfielder this would be a must in terms of putting a squad together with the players already signed up next year. Scott Stewart at Airdrie has caught my eye a few times over there aswell.

Hoping out in pray that both or one out of Meggat and C.Watson signs up soon, the others part from Linton I would cut the loses but that’s me.

As for the loanees i’d Keep RC and Murdoch the other two have been disappointing, not add much over the four months since arriving in the January window.

43 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Really holding out Fash chooses his old club over going to AirdrieO for £££s, Front three of Kev, Tonks and him would be such good...:wub:

3 up front?????? Zero chance of that happening.

Any EF fan who honestly believes that this season has been a success, is absolutely kidding themselves.  Not even 2 wins against R**th can polish the catastrophic collapse of the second half of the season. 

Cmon everyone’s gotten over it.
I personally loved the cup journeys and the wins over raith.
Onto next season now and hopefully come back next season flying!

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

Cmon everyone’s gotten over it.
I personally loved the cup journeys and the wins over raith.
Onto next season now and hopefully come back next season flying!

Hopefully finishing above FIFTH.

Should be THE aim!!

4 hours ago, monthefife said:

Any EF fan who honestly believes that this season has been a success, is absolutely kidding themselves.  Not even 2 wins against R**th can polish the catastrophic collapse of the second half of the season. 

Ever the ray of sunshine! How long is it since we finished as high as this?

8 hours ago, monthefife said:

Awww shh min, not got a clue

Well folks there you have it the curtain falls down on another season. Only one win in our last 16 competitive games doesn’t make good reading in anyone’s language. Desperately dissapointing stuff, I am now concerned that a lot of these same players who either massively over achieved earlier in the season, or massively under achieved from February onward, have been handed new deals. Darren has a lot of hard work ahead as he reflects what players to bring in that will improve our fortunes, and bring more consistency to the table. 

On 03/05/2019 at 13:40, monthefife said:

On 03/05/2019 at 18:30, faither said:

Ever the ray of sunshine! How long is it since we finished as high as this?

21 hours ago, MethilMink said:

Awww shh min, not got a clue

Well done on finishing 7th.