The East Fife Thread

26 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Can you actually imagine knowing frank and seeing what he posts. You would actually be embarrassed!

As for rovers fans how do you cope knowing that this guy is one of you lot emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Most of the Rovers fans have him in ignore Scott.

We should really follow their example.

I've not been able to comment much on the recent games as I haven't been able to make the games the past month or so. Can only reiterate a lot of what has been said before, it's a really disappointing end to the season given how fantastic it was just 3 months ago, but we have to look at the positives. Derby monkey off our back, a cup-semi final, a strong showing in the Scottish, a fair few wins against full-time opposition and the vast majority of the team signed on for next year. 

If we're going to aim for the play-offs again next season, we need to be making some really strong signings because I think the injuries to certain players this season have held us back a bit.  From the guys that we've not been told contract situations yet I'd go for:

Keep: Meggatt and Watson (injury situation dependent, anyone got an update??)
Bin: Court, Sparky, Linton, Kane,  HigginsTerry I'd also try and get rid of Bell, nothing against him but I'd rather a wage was spent on a player that improves the side, he hasn't had much involvement this season, although I believe he still have another year to go on his contract. 

With the loans, I'd take Currie back as well as Murdoch, but I think both are unlikely.

For next season, I suppose it depends on who signs with Meggatt and Watson. If neither are in, a bit of rejigging at the back is going to be required. IMO, Higgins is not the answer. He hasn't been particularly good since he's arrived. Pat's solid at left back but I wouldn't mind signing another left back. If Watson's away, we'll need another right back I'd imagine, Dunsmore is better playing right wing and being able to provide a bit of cover defensively. 

In midfield, Aggy/Davo is a good combination but as soon as we lost Aggy this year things crumbled because we lost all creativity. Another attacking midfielder required for next year I'd think, as well as a couple of wide men. Where does the Stirling Uni lad play? Hopefully he's another gem.  Up top, Tonks needs some support. He's had a great season for his first year in the lower leagues, but you only need to look at the top scorers in this division to see one of the key reasons we've not made the playoffs. We don't have a Linn, a Baird, a McGuigan, someone who you can guarantee will get you goals. We need one if we want to push on.

All of the above is pie in the sky stuff as the budget is always tight, we won't get all of the above that's for sure, but I'd far rather our board continue as they have done in keeping us in the black rather than firing hefty wads of £££'s into the sun like our Fife chums along the standing stane. 

Players needing off-loaded (if we want any chance of at least making the promotion play offs next season) - Terry, Davidson, Sparky, Watt, Kane, Court, Bell, Court. Not good enough players I'm sorry to say.  

Keep - Long, Dunlop, Meggat, Dunsmore, C. Watson, Agnew, Dowds, Linton. 

Undecided - Smith, Slattery. 

Loanees -

B. Watson; would keep for a season-loan if possible. Thought he was one of our few bright sparks/creative players in the team.

Murdoch; haven't seen enough of him to be honest. Undecided

Higgins; might have been a coincidence that we've only won one match since he came into the squad, it might not have been. With a pre-season he could do a job for us. Keep.  

Currie; Keep for a season-loan if possible.  

17 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Can you actually imagine knowing frank and seeing what he posts. You would actually be embarrassed!

As for rovers fans how do you cope knowing that this guy is one of you lot emoji23.pngemoji23.png

For the umpteenth time.....stick him on IGNORE!!  Simples:)

Players needing off-loaded (if we want any chance of at least making the promotion play offs next season) - Terry, Davidson, Sparky, Watt, Kane, Court, Bell, Court. Not good enough players I'm sorry to say.  
Loanees -
B. Watson; would keep for a season-loan if possible. Thought he was one of our few bright sparks/creative players in the team.
Higgins; might have been a coincidence that we've only won one match since he came into the squad, it might not have been. With a pre-season he could do a job for us. Keep.  

Jeez brutal stuff. We are a league 1 side and need to bear that in mind when looking at players( don’t feel we have the budget to be a championship team)- and we should remember that we may end up the highest league position we have been for many a year.

Some of the players mentioned here have been given 2 year contracts by the manager- so best left to him who we keep and let go!

For me I hope we take time out and learn what has happened in the last part of the season re our spectacular collapse!

I cant help thinking loan signings haven’t helped our cause from January. Other than Currie- they have not been a great success.

For me loan signings , particularly January ones,have an inherent conflict. The players who get loaned out clearly aren’t getting a game and the parent club expects them to play at the club they are being loaned to. Reasonable from their point of view but for us- not sure loan players should be guaranteed a start?- must be based on merit. Higgins signing resulted in Meggatt getting moved position. Murdoch got injured but clearly was going to play if fit and Watson been getting game time that i think he is lucky to get based on his performances.

So hopefully we add to the good nucleus we have. I fear that we may lose Meggatt who has been our best defender by far and Big Watson also a worry.

We have had some great successes though that we must not forget and if these players can improve and be added with some similar quality of signings I am optimistic.

Long is the best keeper we have had in years- if he improves on his decision making about when to come out for balls with his quality of shot stopping can be the best keeper in the league.

Dunsmuir outstanding as a wing back. Needs to improve his defending and keep concentration is another one that can progress further.

Agnew was outstanding before his injury- needs to get his shoulder sorted over the summer.

Tonks find of the season and hopefully the Stirling lad is as good. 13 goals so far- has tailed off in past few weeks. Looks tired and maybe enjoying our local produce too much( the pies!) . Hopefully can get a rest and get some midfield guile to pick up his runs that he makes so often no avail.

So in summary i am optimistic for next year re our nucleus of signings but hope the manager gets to the bottom of our drop in form and that its down to a thin squad that can be improved over the summer with very few loan signings in January..... but hey just a theory and no idea really....

Loanees -

Totally disagree with some of your decisions, linton has done nothing to deserve another contract where Watt in my opinion has at times looked to be our best midfielder, young bell deserves a few games in a row to show what he has as he is signed for next sesson, pat slattery gives 100% every game and although not the most gifted he is missed when out of the team.as for B. Watson a total waste of time, done nothing of note since he came on loan, ive no interest in him coming back.
Smith is only capable of half an hour as a sub nowadays but i would probably kerp him,
Davidson is getting overrun in midfield trying to do 3 players jobs himself, he will be back to his best with the right support.
Sparky, court, Kane,terry, higgins can all go for me
Would loke to keep C.Watson depending on how bad his injury is

2 hours ago, monthefife said:

Loanees -

You really don't like Johnny Court.

2 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

For the umpteenth time.....stick him on IGNORE!!  Simples:)

In 12 years on here I've never put anyone on Ignore but in Frank's case I'm sorely tempted. I'm fighting it.

Shame really, as deep within that spotty, obnoxious, sad, virgin like exterior lies a guy with an occasional sense of humour.

Edited by Stevo Fife

Totally disagree with some of your decisions, linton has done nothing to deserve another contract where Watt in my opinion has at times looked to be our best midfielder, young bell deserves a few games in a row to show what he has as he is signed for next sesson, pat slattery gives 100% every game and although not the most gifted he is missed when out of the team.as for B. Watson a total waste of time, done nothing of note since he came on loan, ive no interest in him coming back.
Smith is only capable of half an hour as a sub nowadays but i would probably kerp him,
Davidson is getting overrun in midfield trying to do 3 players jobs himself, he will be back to his best with the right support.
Sparky, court, Kane,terry, higgins can all go for me
Would loke to keep C.Watson depending on how bad his injury is
Glad it wasn't just me who thout the original post was way off the mark!

Loanees -

Not having this at all [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]
Madness

Glad it wasn't just me who thout the original post was way off the mark!
I would say Court, Kane and Sparky to go. Linton has had a few injuries and I would say he will look some where else for next season, Kelty Hearts[emoji848]
Bell is a young laddie who has something but needs game time, is that on loan or to be played
Hope we get C Watson and Meggatt to sign up
Loan players keep Murdoch and Currie