The East Fife Thread

20 hours ago, East Fife is best said:

Beat Stenny and the play offs are still on can see Forfar beating Montrose on saturday to secure 2ns then put out a weakend side against us to make sure they are fresh for Rovers in play offs

Lets hope the Rovers can then do us a favour on the last day against Montrose all is not lost lets keep the faith

I'd like to have your confidence but, realistically, the play-offs are gone. The odds of us winning two, Montrose losing two and overturning the goal difference is extremely small.

I'd like to have your confidence but, realistically, the play-offs are gone. The odds of us winning two, Montrose losing two and overturning the goal difference is extremely small.

Not that I think it'll happen, but if we win two and Montrose lose two then we would be above them by a point, so the goal difference won't matter!!!

As if this sorry bunch of inept clowns are going to turn things around in the next 2 games. Sooner this season is over the better. All I can say is thank christ we got that winning streak mid way through the season otherwise, we'd easily be sitting in the relegation play offs. So disappointed.  

24 minutes ago, monthefife said:

As if this sorry bunch of inept clowns are going to turn things around in the next 2 games. Sooner this season is over the better. All I can say is thank christ we got that winning streak mid way through the season otherwise, we'd easily be sitting in the relegation play offs. So disappointed.  

Right, I realise we're all hefty pissed off at the dismal form we're in, but lets calm it a bit here.

I don't think it's overly wild to suggest the players, management and board will be as gutted as we are, but nonsense like the above is hardly helpful. 

Right, I realise we're all hefty pissed off at the dismal form we're in, but lets calm it a bit here.
I don't think it's overly wild to suggest the players, management and board will be as gutted as we are, but nonsense like the above is hardly helpful. 

Agreed- really think thats harsh.

We don’t have a huge squad. Injuries to Watson, Agnew and Currie have really hurt us. When we have our best team out we have played well- when not we struggle- and one or two players of late have look tired eg big tonks( this time last year he was playing university football- this year has scored 13 goals and been our only fit forward of late-and played really well overall this year)... I think we are in a much better position now than we were this time last year with the players we have signed up- just need a few more....

Lets get a win!

1 hour ago, monthefife said:

:lol::lol: the state of this comment. 

I think somewhere in the middle of the never happy brigade and the happy clappers is where most of us are. Decent overall  season,  with disappointment in how its ended.

The run we are on at the moment is more than likely going to mean we miss the playoffs, but the last couple of months don't undo all the high points of the season, or indeed all the positives we can take into next year. We have a settled squad, settled management and coaching team. Commercially the club is floating along nicely, and we we are still unbeaten in europe.

Well Court made the most of probably his last showing in an East Fife strip!!!
Absolute joke of a red card. The old ball rolling out for a bye kick , the defender pushes the striker all over the place, striker tries to swing a leg at the ball when it gets to the line, defender falls over . Red card! If it's the other way round , it is t even a foul. And of course, Graeme "I'm a f***wit" Smith goes charging over , has the same player by the shirt,and doesn't even get spoken to.
Have to say, I also noticed twice today, ball rolling out for a throw in on stand side, and Stenny player shunts opponent towards the brick wall, 4ft away. Sincerely hope that's not a deliberate ploy!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

IMG_0842.jpg.b446c44450eb21f911e4962fa991cccb.jpg
Draw probably a fair result on the day. We squandered numerous chances, notably , another penalty miss. That's 4 PTS potentially dropped due to our last 2 pens, where would that put us in the league.
Having said that, Stenny had a good few chances themselves, but poor finishing.

That's the season over, it's been like Stealth at Thorpe Park! (Google it) , fizzling out like King Kebabs BBQ on a wet day.

Fingers crossed, the one or 2 new faces we will have to bring in, can rejuvenate the squad , and we hit the ground running in July.

It's could easily be a camel trek every other week next season as well.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

IMG_0842.jpg.b446c44450eb21f911e4962fa991cccb.jpg

First of all congratulations to Montrose- they deserve to be in the playoffs- our performances of late don’t merit us being in the play offs.

Another really poor performance today - Stenhousemuir hit the woodwork twice- but to be honest its the way we are playing that really gets to me- again little balls on the deck- aimless highballs up to the front where forwards have to fight for every ball when it’s 60/40 in favour of the defenders.

Anyway enough of this negative stuff- we have a good nucleus of player for next year. We need to find A Centreback- two midfielders, one a strong player and someone who can pass the ball and maybe we found that player that we just signed from Stirling - ( in my view midfield has been our weakest part of our team of late) and we need a couple of forwards- i make that 5 players ( or 4 if we include the stirling lad)which might be too much I know- but we can send back the loan players who really haven’t added much to the team( except Currie).

To be fair look at Arbroath last year. Stinking start and then got it together, signed the same guys up for the next year, added a couple and then have won the league.
Lots of the guys say that was down to knowing each other and the core team hasn’t changed.

Also look at Livingston, the same guys that we beat repeatedly are now in the premier league. The core of those guys have just continued the form on and are smashing it.

Same can be said about ayr and they have got up to a good championship position also.

Hopefully because we now have the core team sorted the additions we add will compliment what we already have.

So:

Long

Dunsmore, Dunlop, Hunter, Pat
Watt, Davidson, Agnew, Bell
Smith, Anton

All signed up.

Any additional players we get must push themselves into that team. If they don’t they will just be bench warmers all season so aren’t worth signing.

I can only see a maximum of 6/7 more permanent signings coming in with a couple loans to compliment.

Hopefully we get our top targets and can get everyone back early for pre season to start the season flying :)

Looking at today's stats, we once absolutely demolished a team on the amount of corners won, if there is such a thing as a complete count for the season we must be one of the best in the country at winning them, but what is disappointing is the amount of goals that have resulted from those corners (5 at the most???), surely if this is such a strength and with the core of the same team going forward next season surely a concerted effort at scoring from these set pieces should be at the forefront!!!