The East Fife Thread

Well guess that's the East Fife season over unless Montrose collapse.

The season's been unusual in that we've had two lengthy periods, one of good form and the other of bad. If they'd been in the opposite order we'd probably all feel a bit happier!

As it is we still can finish higher in the SPFL than we have done for some years, we've a fair number of players signed and we have a manager providing continuity.

Roll on next season.

Well guess that's the East Fife season over unless Montrose collapse.
The season's been unusual in that we've had two lengthy periods, one of good form and the other of bad. If they'd been in the opposite order we'd probably all feel a bit happier!
As it is we still can finish higher in the SPFL than we have done for some years, we've a fair number of players signed and we have a manager providing continuity.
Roll on next season.

And don't forget, this season has brought us the elusive wins over our noisy neighbours. For that reason alone, it ha certainly been an improvement. Last 2 months have treated the loyalty, but I've said it umpteen times, that is just what following a lower league club is all about.
I hear a few, " the club doesn't want to go up " comments. I don't believe that for a minute. There isn't much between lower Championship and mid league 1. We have proved this season we can compete, and as I also said earlier, we have been victims of our earlier success.

The East Fife Choo Choos boiler caved in mid February, and sadly the patched up job couldn't hold out.

Nucleus of a decent squad signed, a few additions no doubt to come in. Let's get property fixed, the coal tender loaded up , ready to hit next season running.

And don't forget, this season has brought us the elusive wins over our noisy neighbours. For that reason alone, it ha certainly been an improvement. Last 2 months have treated the loyalty, but I've said it umpteen times, that is just what following a lower league club is all about.
I hear a few, " the club doesn't want to go up " comments. I don't believe that for a minute. There isn't much between lower Championship and mid league 1. We have proved this season we can compete, and as I also said earlier, we have been victims of our earlier success.

The East Fife Choo Choos boiler caved in mid February, and sadly the patched up job couldn't hold out.

Nucleus of a decent squad signed, a few additions no doubt to come in. Let's get property fixed, the coal tender loaded up , ready to hit next season running.

Cannot wait for next season.

Hopefully the club get the season tickets announced and sales going! Get as much renewals in as possible so that the budgets are clearly shown.

Hopefully the clubs sponsorships are already flowing in and the money available for this year becomes clearer. Hopefully means a couple of top players can join the ranks!

Agreed- really pleased with this year when I think back to the end of last season! We have found some gems-signed them up- need to sign a few more that are playing this year- keep them and then find maybe 3 more particularly in midfield and up front( better sign up players than find loans- this years loan signings other than Currie have been disappointing and feel they disrupt the flow of the team- our great run of 8 games only had Currie coming on)

As you say feel better about next season than I did this time last year

We're apparently after Anton Dowds. Talk to me. 

Also, do you want Nathan Austin back? 

Tonks is under contract, do you have any money???

But we'll take Fash back if you're offering!!!

Eta: Would Fash recommend your Club as potential employers to him???

Would be very surprised if Anton was interested in Championship football, bearing in mind his off field career would be far more lucrative than "full time" football. He has come on so far this season, and would benefit from another learning season at this level, before thinking about a move anywhere! But hey it's up to the lad, and he is contracted for another season.

Beat Stenny and the play offs are still on can see Forfar beating Montrose on saturday to secure 2ns then put out a weakend side against us to make sure they are fresh for Rovers in play offs

Lets hope the Rovers can then do us a favour on the last day against Montrose all is not lost lets keep the faith

If we need to rely on the Rovers doing us a favour, I can picture them putting out their reserves against Montrose!!!

Beat Stenny and the play offs are still on can see Forfar beating Montrose on saturday to secure 2ns then put out a weakend side against us to make sure they are fresh for Rovers in play offs

Lets hope the Rovers can then do us a favour on the last day against Montrose all is not lost lets keep the faith

A long shot this! But hey we can always dream.

For me I just wished we would get back to playing football- passing the ball on the ground rather than these aimless high balls that come from our defence and midfield these past few weeks-to Quote Mr Brian Clough “If God wanted us to play football in the clouds he would of put grass up there!”

15 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

A long shot this! But hey we can always dream.

For me I just wished we would get back to playing football- passing the ball on the ground rather than these aimless high balls that come from our defence and midfield these past few weeks-to Quote Mr Brian Clough “If God wanted us to play football in the clouds he would of put grass up there!”

The play-off dreams not mathematically dead, but if we are reliant on Raith on the last day i wouldnt be confident of their first team getting result, never mind if they field reserves. They need to carry some sort of form into the play-offs tho, and given their record in recent seasons, it would be crazy for them to down tools on the expectation they can just pick back up at full speed.

Agree with you on our style in the last few weeks tho, i think maybe that is just a bit of bad run tension. When you are winning and turning teams over its easier to play a bit of football as confidence is high. Given our form the punt it forward as quick as possible tactic starts to comes out more frequently

26 minutes ago, Pee Gee said:

13 wins in total last season with an "inherited squad".

We are currently sitting at 13 wins with 2 games to play and with Darren Youngs chosen squad.

Progress?? 

Well if you include cup wins.... yes.

On 21/04/2019 at 19:36, TheScarf said:

I think Dowds could definitely take the step up. Big strong, decent footballer who can score goals. It was his firt season in the SPFL and I've no doubt he can improve. No idea what his personal situation is away from football or whether he'd look to move full time at this stage.

Fash? Yes, yes, a thousand time yes.