The East Fife Thread

Don’t know if the team has run out of steam but that was woeful today.Montrose were well organised and worked harder than East Fife.They won every second ball and though limited deserved their win.East Fife were sloppy from the start and very few players got pass marks.I don’t blame the manager the players let everybody down today.They are so much better than this,there was enough on the park to win the game.

Far too many players performing below the level they are capable of. Ido r to hear any wind excuses either, it was the same for both sides, . and wasn't the reason we we beat.
Perhaps on Tuesday, rather than concentrating on physical fitness, we could try having a bit shooting practice. Opposing keepers have it far too easy against us just now.

Hate to be THAT guy but Darren Young and his players have a lot to bloody answer for after today's showing. To go 9 points clear of a play off spot to the situation we're in now (1 win in 13?) is absolutely nothing short of a disgrace. Can't see the squad recovering from that for the remaining 3 games left to play. Thrown it...I'm just so disappointed.

Form is awful- as you say to win 1 in 13 is relegation form not playoff form.

Our best 3 players have hit poor form. Agnew cant be fit post his shoulder injury, he is a shadow of the player he was. Darryl Meggatt has been poor since he had to move position for higgins- who makes at least one dreadful error a game-though back to normal position today) and big Tonks is off the pace( mind you Ronaldo couldn’t score with the service from our midfield and backs!)

Montrose were smarter today-played slow in first half against the wind. We have a better record away from home than at home( think we would now know how to play in strong winds by now as its like that every week!)

Disappointing- will keep the faith and be there next week....

Liam,

I know you read the posts on P & B so can I make a suggestion through you. A lot of people take a toilet break at half-time as I did today and normally the lady announcer repeats winning half-time draw numbers and also the winner. Today both the winning number and half-time scores must have been announced while I was paying a visit! So I am wondering why bother to buy tickets when I am not likely to know  what the winning number is. We do miss the lady announcer when she is not at the game.

Liam,
I know you read the posts on P & B so can I make a suggestion through you. A lot of people take a toilet break at half-time as I did today and normally the lady announcer repeats winning half-time draw numbers and also the winner. Today both the winning number and half-time scores must have been announced while I was paying a visit! So I am wondering why bother to buy tickets when I am not likely to know  what the winning number is. We do miss the lady announcer when she is not at the game.
I was behind the stand at HT today, and I'm pretty sure , Dave Marshall announced the HT scores and draw number while we standing there. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

1 hour ago, smuggfifer said:
1 hour ago, WhoAmI said:

Liam,

I was behind the stand at HT today, and I'm pretty sure , Dave Marshall announced the HT scores and draw number while we standing there. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

You are probably correct but as I was pointing out a lot of people go to the toilet at half-time and the chances of hearing the tannoy are nil. The lady always repeats the winning number . That's what I was getting at.

Mind when East Fife were going to take us over with their games in hand? 

rdlol.gif.53055929ab6443724f5960d3fd14cba7.gif

That was before we knew you were firing yourselves £400k into the red every year just to stay ahead of us to be fair.

Well done on achieving it though [emoji13]

Aw well that will be the season over then. Luckily we had such a good start to the season or we would be very much in a relegation battle, 1 win in 13 is shocking and on that form we don’t deserve to be anywhere near promotion.

10 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Mind when East Fife were going to take us over with their games in hand? 

rdlol.gif

Mind when Raith were favourites to win the league?

Nah,  me neither.

See you suckers for more fun in the sun next season. 

Season over? Probably

we hit our purple patch mid season, and had a good run. Other  teams have been hitting their purple patch now, and we seem to be out of steam. 

The problem for me has been when we are good, we were a match for anyone in the league (and even in the championship) but when we have been poor we can’t grind a point or a 1-0 win out of the bag, we get skelped. Today was tough to watch, but fair play to Montrose. They will probably hold onto that playoff place now. 

Far too many players performing below the level they are capable of. Ido r to hear any wind excuses either, it was the same for both sides, . and wasn't the reason we we beat.
Perhaps on Tuesday, rather than concentrating on physical fitness, we could try having a bit shooting practice. Opposing keepers have it far too easy against us just now.

Totally agree, Agnew has not been the same since his injury and bringing Docherty back into midfield slows everything down, midfield needs a total overhaul for next season and we desperately need a couple of strikers to help Dowds out. Last 3 games i would start Bell and see if he can be a regular next season, at least he has legs and get around midfield which is what we need to keep teams out if we can't score gosls.

16 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

That was before we knew you were firing yourselves £400k into the red every year just to stay ahead of us to be fair.

Well done on achieving it though emoji13.png

I could fire £4 into the Rovers and we'd still be miles ahead of East Fife. 

Diddies. 

3 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I could fire £4 into the Rovers and we'd still be miles ahead of East Fife. 

Diddies. 

Please elaborate. I'd be interested to see how a club with so much debt i.e. Raith, could be miles ahead financially of a club that has none?

In the grand scheme of things your mere £4 contribution is worth f**k all.

2 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Please elaborate. I'd be interested to see how a club with so much debt i.e. Raith, could be miles ahead financially of a club that has none?

In the grand scheme of things your mere £4 contribution is worth f**k all.

Well we've lost all that and are still miles ahead of East Fife. 

What's hard to understand here? 

42 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Well we've lost all that and are still miles ahead of East Fife. 

What's hard to understand here? 

Nothing at all hard to understand. You're clearly alluding to club finances with your "I could fire £4 into the Rovers and we'd still be miles ahead of East Fife" comment.

So, based on finances, if your 400K in the red how does that make you miles ahead of East Fife or any other club in this league for that matter? You're full time (that will probably change) but to be honest I'm struggling to see it.

Personally I think yer talking shite.

3 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Nothing at all hard to understand. You're clearly alluding to club finances with your "I could fire £4 into the Rovers and we'd still be miles ahead of East Fife" comment.

So, based on finances, if your 400K in the red how does that make you miles ahead of East Fife or any other club in this league for that matter? You're full time (that will probably change) but to be honest I'm struggling to see it.

Personally I think yer talking shite.

My response was towards Big Fifer alluding that we spent the 400k to stay ahead of EF. 

You've jumped in with both feet like the dimwit you've so often proven yourself to be with your whiny posts about your shitey wee club being in better financial nick than we are. 

You fucked up and I'd like a public apology. 

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

My response was towards Big Fifer alluding that we spent the 400k to stay ahead of EF. 

You've jumped in with both feet like the dimwit you've so often proven yourself to be with your whiny posts about your shitey wee club being in better financial nick than we are. 

You fucked up and I'd like a public apology. 

But but...Big Fifer never alluded to such a thing so as per usual yer talking oot yer arse. To suggest spending 400K to stay ahead of East Fife is hilarious and you are clearly digging a hole from which there is no way back.

Now be a good handyman and f**k off back to your own thread and try and muster up a bit more than £4 ya tight wad. Think you'll need it.

2 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

But but...Big Fifer never alluded to such a thing so as per usual yer talking oot yer arse. To suggest spending 400K to stay ahead of East Fife is hilarious and you are clearly digging a hole from which there is no way back.

Now be a good handyman and f**k off back to your own thread and try and muster up a bit more than £4 ya tight wad. Think you'll need it.

The whole post I quoted insinuated that we spent all that money to stay ahead of East Fife! 

Tongue in cheek of course, hence my similar response. 

All you need to do is hold your hands up and admit that you fucked it to gain a wee bit of respect back.