The East Fife Thread

5 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Realistically, if we're relying on Raith getting something from that game to scrape 4th, there's no point going into the play-offs anyway. Be as well not wasting a midweek and Saturday just to get spanked off Falkirk/Partick/QotS.

Now, if you had said " Morton/Partick/QotS", I would say -

BRING IT ON!

Morton for sure, I see no obvious decent players there, and in a bit of a slump. A team dragged down in the last few weeks and into a playoff spot you would hope has little confidence. You lot played well in the cup against championship team so it's not a lost cause.

Would I be correct in saying that the only way that RC19 will be with us next season would be if we go up this term???
Assuming it's the same deal as Jason Kerr, Development Squad players progress up the divisions yearly???

How’s Higgins getting on?

Doubt he’ll be with us next season but curious as to how he’s been playing.

Higgins has done fine in the time he has been with us, I don't think he has had a bad game BUT I can't help but feel that his inclusion has had a bit of a knock-on effect within the side, with other players being shifted and moved about to accommodate him, Daryll Meggatt, possibly our PotY at CH/Sweeper out to LB, Pat Slattery having his best ever season for us at LB move into midfield or dropped and so forth!!!

He's still obviously a good and competent player at League One level but it seems arguable that we brought in a player for a position that we perhaps didn't need cover in!!!

But in saying that if he's being released by Ayr we'll probably sign him!!!

Higgins has done fine in the time he has been with us, I don't think he has had a bad game BUT I can't help but feel that his inclusion has had a bit of a knock-on effect within the side, with other players being shifted and moved about to accommodate him, Daryll Meggatt, possibly our PotY at CH/Sweeper out to LB, Pat Slattery having his best ever season for us at LB move into midfield or dropped and so forth!!!
He's still obviously a good and competent player at League One level but it seems arguable that we brought in a player for a position that we perhaps didn't need cover in!!!

He is like one of those meals from a bang average Restaurant”I cant fault it, nor will I ever remember it”

Would I be correct in saying that the only way that RC19 will be with us next season would be if we go up this term???
Assuming it's the same deal as Jason Kerr, Development Squad players progress up the divisions yearly???

RC has been an excellent player as a substitute( scoring important goals)- but less impressive when he has had starts.

I have to say whether its due to injuries or performances I have to say I would only give our loan signings a 4 out of 10( RC has been the best).
Now I know we have needed them but when we get loan signings as a P/T club from a F/T club the latter has all the control and power that can be disruptive to the team( ie last week no RC against Raith as he plays for Hearts in the Reserve cup final and gets circa a half!). The other issue is there is always a feeling that loan signings should play. We have not exactly been playing well since the introduction of loan signings in January( not saying its because if them- just saying!)

The young lad Currie has been excellent for us and we have certainly been missing him he played a big part with important goals in our winning run of games,a workmate was at the Reserve cup final and said Currie got 60 mins,assisted a goal and looked impressive can anyone confirm if he is carrying an injury?Fingers crossed for today!:thumsup2 

I tell you what, I have had a lot of time to sit and think about this season and what a whirlwind it has been so far.
Started a bit flat as we gave everyone a 3/4 game head start.
However we have managed to beat 4 full time teams this season.
(Morton, Queen of the South, Partick and Raith)
Of which we managed to beat raith twice! And been unlucky in other two games against them this season.

We got two trips to Dublin (some of us) and had a brilliant time fans and players when across there!

We got to the semi final of the irn bru cup and got a trip up to Dingwall where we played the winners [emoji85]

Also managed a class run in the Scottish cup getting further than we have in years.

I really really hope we manage to keep ourselves in the play offs, where we have sat for most of the season, and cap off a brilliant season exceptionally. Anything that happens in the play offs would be a bonus! #monthefife

I’m 90% sure he’ll leave in the summer so he’s all yours.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m 90% sure he’ll leave in the summer so he’s all yours.

Missed a few games recently so today felt like my first good look at Higgins. Thought he played very well. I think it was his lapse that let McIntosh through for a one-on-one with the keeper but he fluffed it so Higgy gets a pass. I'd be happy to keep him on for next season.

As others have mentioned though. I'd rather the team wasn't moved about to accommodate Dunlop, Meggatt and Higgins all playing when everyone's available though.

Fair point in Lanarkshire today but known us we'll take it to last game to scrape a position for the Play Offs and with four games left, Bit of headache once Cw does return before the seasons out where Higgy will fit into the back 4 mind you but like Gordon said i wouldn't shuffle the pack to cause the uncertainty when everyones available. As for loanees we badly miss RC and having a team of four good strikers within the side thats went on a run as before and capable to do it but we as a team need to turn games into three points and to get a PO birth 'points towards it is which we need and we still have the 5th place, 7th place and 10th place to play we can't still keep relying on arbroath beating Mo like today we really need to deliever what we have caused ourselfs by not winning off those games espically in hand to dig us towards that final four weeks push that we keep banging on about hopefully a win and todays draw is what is like a turnaround platform we need on this race we've opened. Exciting few weeks ahead thats for sure come on EF!

8 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Fair point in Lanarkshire today but known us we'll take it to last game to scrape a position for the Play Offs and with four games left, Bit of headache once Cw does return before the seasons out where Higgy will fit into the back 4 mind you but like Gordon said i wouldn't shuffle the pack to cause the uncertainty when everyones available. As for loanees we badly miss RC and having a team of four good strikers within the side thats went on a run as before and capable to do it but we as a team need to turn games into three points and to get a PO birth 'points towards it is which we need and we still have the 5th place, 7th place and 10th place to play we can't still keep relying on arbroath beating Mo like today we really need to deliever what we have caused ourselfs by not winning off those games espically in hand to dig us towards that final four weeks push that we keep banging on about hopefully a win and todays draw is what is like a turnaround platform we need on this race we've opened. Exciting few weeks ahead thats for sure come on EF!

An explanation leaflet will be forthcoming as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!

Hate to be THAT guy but Darren Young and his players have a lot to bloody answer for after today's showing. To go 9 points clear of a play off spot to the situation we're in now (1 win in 13?) is absolutely nothing short of a disgrace. Can't see the squad recovering from that for the remaining 3 games left to play. Thrown it...I'm just so disappointed.