The East Fife Thread

IMG_0726.thumb.jpg.1f3c7c3bf26670ab5104ec3b5c0f980b.jpgIMG_0727.thumb.jpg.24114a68b32da7e1fea4bf3298b8199a.jpg

Probably won't be us, but it's nice to dream!!!

Good luck to the guy wherever he goes, he was proud to play for us and loved his time here!!!

Can anybody read the contract he's signing, it might be us, you never know!!![emoji23][emoji120]

IMG_0726.thumb.jpg.1f3c7c3bf26670ab5104ec3b5c0f980b.jpgIMG_0727.thumb.jpg.24114a68b32da7e1fea4bf3298b8199a.jpg
Probably won't be us, but it's nice to dream!!!
Good luck to the guy wherever he goes, he was proud to play for us and loved his time here!!!

Can anybody read the contract he's signing, it might be us, you never know!!![emoji23][emoji120]

Wish him really well.He has paid his dues. Surely must be a full time team? If he joined us we would probably play him on the wing anyway [emoji28][emoji28]

Interested to hear why would it be such a surprise if Insall signed for East Fife? He has played for you twice before and the fact he’s just coming back from a drug ban and has scored 14 goals in 48 games isn’t likely to have teams battering down his door to offer a deal. 8 of those goals were at League Two level as well. 

I don’t ever recall seeing him play so he may be a brilliant all round player. However, looking at it from the outside I’d be surprised if anyone better than East Fife would be willing to offer him a deal given his goal scoring record and with him just returning from a 2 year drug ban.

4 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Interested to hear why would it be such a surprise if Insall signed for East Fife? He has played for you twice before and the fact he’s just coming back from a drug ban and has scored 14 goals in 48 games isn’t likely to have teams battering down his door to offer a deal. 8 of those goals were at League Two level as well. 

I don’t ever recall seeing him play so he may be a brilliant all round player. However, looking at it from the outside I’d be surprised if anyone better than East Fife would be willing to offer him a deal given his goal scoring record and with him just returning from a 2 year drug ban.

Tbh I think it's just the rumours of him going down to Wales, and him being represented by a sports agency based in England now, it just seems unlikely.

For those who have been asking, the directors page on the club website has now been updated to give a little more info on those who make the decisions
https://eastfifefc.info/club/officials
Liam, there is a work colleague who has two or three scrapbooks made up of newspaper clippings , pictures of the East Fife team during the 49 to 51 season. Which his Dad had collected. Is this something the club would like to have?

Hi DDLL, the post about the directors is by my daughter Laura who looks after the media stuff but YES we would love to see these scrap books & they may be useful as a series of articles for next season's programme. Happy to meet to collect is possible.

Absolutely fabulous tying Mr. Young on what it appears another two year contract fantasic news and the work Darren, Tony and Lindsay has made to this season has been improvement to last season

Staying on contract talk hope there’s some more would be great to see the likes of Meggat, Janny and possibly Scotty Linton stay but if we look at better or improvement then so be it, I’m 100% in young we trust and having the manager tied to another two more seasons great platform around the 10  players that’s agreed to stay around. Hopefully we finish the season sweet a place above Fifth position which will be good on the club direction and progress. At first there’s six games left and we need focus on this derby!!!

#MonTheFife

Ps I’m glad the social media work ie twitter is a bonus hence the news has flittered through and along the M8, keep it up you lovely volunteers working at NB. :thumsup2

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer
Made changes due to spelling and grammar

Our form is worryingly poor, at this rate we could very much miss out on 4th spot. We could now find ourselves in 5th midweek and with Airdrie, Montrose and Dumbarton our next 3 games we really have to get out of this slump and fast.

Would be a shame for this season to end with a whimper after the hard work and unbeaten run at the start of the season.

Our form is worryingly poor, at this rate we could very much miss out on 4th spot. We could now find ourselves in 5th midweek and with Airdrie, Montrose and Dumbarton our next 3 games we really have to get out of this slump and fast.

Would be a shame for this season to end with a whimper after the hard work and unbeaten run at the start of the season.

Agreed- -4th spot looks a challenge on this form. Really don’t know what happened yesterday in the second half- nobody stayed up front so when ball came out it came right back!- the team must of been playing to instructions- which feels strange.

Tough games ahead away from home- Airdrie and Dumbarton ! Need to get the midfield back firing. We need particularly Agnew back to form- since his return he has been a shadow of his former self( thought he was particularly poor yesterday- hope he is fit?).

Need Currie back also- would of been a dangerous substitute for Smith when he tired. We can still do it- we are still 4 th this morning but need a win against either Dumbarton or Airdrie or preferably both!