The East Fife Thread

Why are supporters debating Stevie Crawford? Hounded out the managers job my arse, the fact he stayed as a a player/coach speaks for itself! Play off spot firmly in our own hands so lets back the team! Heading up to Arbroath today, forecast isn't great and I'll be more than happy with a point! Mon the Fife

Here’s one for fellow fifers. I have a programme from our 1973/74 taxaco cup exploits against Burnley.
Can anyone tell me what the home and away scores were? I know the answer as I’ve googled it since getting them but wondering if anyone on here was there or can comment on the games :)C983493A-6294-4D86-A852-3A03CCB684D4.jpg

Picture
East Fife v Burnley - 3rd October 1973 Texaco Cup 1st Round 2nd Leg East Fife 2 Burnley 3 Paul Fletcher, Peter Noble, Ray Hankin Attendance: 2,000

BURNLEY v EAST FIFE - 18th September 1973. Texaco Cup 1st Round 1st Leg. BURNLEY 7 EAST FIFE 0. Paul Fletcher (3), Geoff Nulty (2), Leighton James, Peter Noble. Attendance: 10,374. 

Long day 

Hopefully the end of our midweek games can see us get a settled side again and hopefully injuries clear especially Craig Watson who has to be subbed today. We are relying too much on Anton getting goals and Court, while he works hard, just doesn’t look like scoring. If Rory Currie is not going to be fit soon, would it be worth trying to get Jamie Insall in till the end of the season ? He might just help get the goals to secure the play offs. The players at the Club have done brilliantly to get us into this position but anything that can be done to get us over the line should be investigated.

Hopefully the end of our midweek games can see us get a settled side again and hopefully injuries clear especially Craig Watson who has to be subbed today. We are relying too much on Anton getting goals and Court, while he works hard, just doesn’t look like scoring. If Rory Currie is not going to be fit soon, would it be worth trying to get Jamie Insall in till the end of the season ? He might just help get the goals to secure the play offs. The players at the Club have done brilliantly to get us into this position but anything that can be done to get us over the line should be investigated.
Would love to see Jamie don the black and Gold again, proven goal scorer,which is what we require just now. Someone in the box, who can tuck them away. Certainly would have made more of the crystal clear chance just after Arbroath scores their second.

Would love to see Jamie don the black and Gold again, proven goal scorer,which is what we require just now. Someone in the box, who can tuck them away. Certainly would have made more of the crystal clear chance just after Arbroath scores their second.

Would love him back again. Would prefer us to have Currie back in the frame as he gives us something completely different up front and is of course clinical too!

"The longest 2 years of my life !!!!
In 2 weeks time I’m officially back ..
I believe I will be better then ever
I believe I will score more goals
I believe big things are coming my way ...
Pro football back on the horizon ...
Keep your eyes pealed for update this week "

Tweet from Jamie last night. 

No idea if this might refer to us or not...

Edited by Big Fifer

"The longest 2 years of my life !!!!
In 2 weeks time I’m officially back ..
I believe I will be better then ever
I believe I will score more goals
I believe big things are coming my way ...
Pro football back on the horizon ...
Keep your eyes pealed for update this week "
Tweet from Jamie last night. 
No idea if this might refer to us or not...

Pretty sure he’s heading to a welsh team [emoji1417]

Jamie would offer something different upfront to the other forwards with RC injured currently, Court does the job but he doesn't score many is like a squad player than a regular, Smiths experience and Dowds our goal threat, I feel adding Insall would add pace, ambitions and eye for goal something we've been missing lately in terms of trying to win games and when we try to shoehorn a defender to save the day without RC tells you all in this final quarter -  I would be pushing the boat out and sign Jamie in a heartbeat with the view of taking us to the second tier you need these diehards at the club I feel. But good luck on whoever and wherever he does decide to go.

Right, the midweek chaos has come and gone, and it hasn't been great for us at all, but we sort of expected that. At the end of the day, we're still in the play-offs quite comfortably which is definitely a positive and have already got our Arbroath game out the way whilst abdy else still has to play them.

Injuries are slowly sorting themselves, now just Currie, (what happened to him? I heard illness but this seems more serious). Murdoch and now Watson. Wasn't at the game at the weekend, anyone got an update on Craigo? He out for the season? Would be a real shame as I feel way more comfortable in a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 with Dunsmore in front of him. 

Anyway, I've went from not being able to attend a game till Stenny/Dumbarton next month to not being able to attend either of them, but can now go to our next two at home, so fingers crossed we get back to winning ways come Saturday. Someone else start a match thread for Saturday, I'm sick o' it! 

Right, the midweek chaos has come and gone, and it hasn't been great for us at all, but we sort of expected that. At the end of the day, we're still in the play-offs quite comfortably which is definitely a positive and have already got our Arbroath game out the way whilst abdy else still has to play them.
Injuries are slowly sorting themselves, now just Currie, (what happened to him? I heard illness but this seems more serious). Murdoch and now Watson. Wasn't at the game at the weekend, anyone got an update on Craigo? He out for the season? Would be a real shame as I feel way more comfortable in a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 with Dunsmore in front of him. 
Anyway, I've went from not being able to attend a game till Stenny/Dumbarton next month to not being able to attend either of them, but can now go to our next two at home, so fingers crossed we get back to winning ways come Saturday. Someone else start a match thread for Saturday, I'm sick o' it! 
We don't get injury updates [emoji6]