The East Fife Thread

Speaking of ex-fifers. For some reason i am actually quite chuffed to see Stevie Crawford is doing well with Dunfermline.

I always thought when he was our manager, that he didn't get the rub of the green, but the team tried to play the right way. The managers job for us was maybe too early for him, but he always came across as a decent guy   

Agree with him being a decent guy, remember even when it was obvious to all that the Manager's Job had probably come too early for him, when he resigned the position he remained as a player, that says a lot!!!

Is that you justifying you slagging him off when he was manager?  I remember he had us playing attractive football, but due to results not always going our way, he left because of the AFTN Gestapo who always knew what was best?   They had no vision for the future, while Stevie Crawford did.  I don't blame him for leaving and it is good to see him getting some success at the Pars.  Also, quite pleased to see that AFTN hasn't survived, just like the Gestapo didn't either.

PS:  Apologies KK if you weren't one of those that slagged him off back in the day. :D

Is that you justifying you slagging him off when he was manager?  I remember he had us playing attractive football, but due to results not always going our way, he left because of the AFTN Gestapo who always knew what was best?   They had no vision for the future, while Stevie Crawford did.  I don't blame him for leaving and it is good to see him getting some success at the Pars.  Also, quite pleased to see that AFTN hasn't survived, just like the Gestapo didn't either.  

PS:  Apologies KK if you weren't one of those that slagged him off back in the day. [emoji3]

Red Dot for managing to achieve the "What a Load of Absolute Bollocks" award for this season!!!

Stevie got the job in April 2009 and resigned October 2010, he had to steady a sinking ship, which is what we were after the departure of Dave Baikie, Wullie Grey, his money and subsequently all our high profile players, who proved they were only there for the pay packet!!!

We skirted with relegation for the majority of that season as Stevie Crawford had to do the job with basically both hands tied behind his back, no money to replace the superstars who had left and having to battle with a team made up of young boys and some loan signings built around the likes of Jonny Smart, Bobby Linn and Div Muir. At no time during this was Crawford subject to any vilification or abuse, we all knew what sort of pressure he was under and this pressure was obviously having an effect on the guy this and this alone was what saw him resign his position, but what endeared him to the support was his desire to keep us in the Division, he didn't desert a sinking ship he still stayed on to help bail us out and he did just that!!!

He played possibly his best game for us in the final league game of his first season as manager, away to Arbroath, where his inspired performance gave us a 2-2 draw (goals from Linn and Muir putting us 2-1 up at one stage) and left the field, knackered to a standing ovation after giving his all and ensuring we left Gayfield with the point that kept us one point ahead of Arbroath who got relegated instead!!!

He resigned as Manager in October of the following season when again we were rooted in the relegation zone for the same reasons as the previous season but as I've said before he didn't just say "f**k this", he stayed as a player and coach under John Robertson until January 2011 when he was pinched in the transfer window by Cowdenbeath and the desire to be reunited with his mentor Jimmy Nicholl and mate Colin Cameron to form a "Dream Team" (wonder what happened with that???) That is the reason he left and no amount of revisionism by you will change that!!!

20 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Red Dot for managing to achieve the "What a Load of Absolute Bollocks" award for this season!!!

Stevie got the job in April 2009 and resigned October 2010, he had to steady a sinking ship, which is what we were after the departure of Dave Baikie, Wullie Grey, his money and subsequently all our high profile players, who proved they were only there for the pay packet!!!

We skirted with relegation for the majority of that season as Stevie Crawford had to do the job with basically both hands tied behind his back, no money to replace the superstars who had left and having to battle with a team made up of young boys and some loan signings built around the likes of Jonny Smart, Bobby Linn and Div Muir. At no time during this was Crawford subject to any vilification or abuse, we all knew what sort of pressure he was under and this pressure was obviously having an effect on the guy this and this was the pressure that saw him resign his position, but what endeared him to the support was his desire to keep us in the Division, he didn't desert a sinking ship he still stayed on to help bail us out and he did just that!!!

He played possibly his best game for us in the final league game of his first season as manager, away to Arbroath, where his inspired performance gave us a 2-2 draw (goals from Linn and Muir putting us 2-1 up at one stage) and left the field, knackered to a standing ovation after giving his all and ensuring we left Gayfield with the point that kept us one point ahead of Arbroath who got relegated instead!!!

He resigned as Manager in October of the following season when again we were rooted in the relegation zone for the same reasons as the previous season but as I've said before he didn't just say "f**k this", he stayed as a player and coach under John Robertson until January 2011 when he was pinched in the transfer window by Cowdenbeath and the desire to be reunited with his mentor Jimmy Nicholl and mate Colin Cameron to form a "Dream Team" (wonder what happened with that???) That is the reason he left and no amount of revisionism by you will change that!!!

Touched a nerve there eh?  Truth hurts sometimes.

19 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

We skirted with relegation for the majority of that season as Stevie Crawford had to do the job with basically both hands tied behind his back, no money to replace the superstars who had left and having to battle with a team made up of young boys and some loan signings built around the likes of Jonny Smart, Bobby Linn and Div Muir. At no time during this was Crawford subject to any vilification or abuse, we all knew what sort of pressure he was under and this pressure was obviously having an effect on the guy this and this was the pressure that saw him resign his position, but what endeared him to the support was his desire to keep us in the Division, he didn't desert a sinking ship he still stayed on to help bail us out and he did just that!!!

King Kebab in talking shite shocker!!!!!!!!

Touched a nerve there eh?  Truth hurts sometimes.

What the f**k are you talking about???

King Kebab in talking shite shocker!!!!!!!!

It's ok I expect it from you, you're just a fanny!!![emoji23]

This argument is a classic case of what annoys me. We've went from people, sometimes rightly, slagging folk for always moaning. Now, we're at the point where literally any complaint about the team, past or present, is jumped on like a rabid dug. Guys, it's ok to criticize the club sometimes.

Of course it's alright to criticise, but that post from the resident fantasist had Crawford down as a marked man who was pilloried from his position by a rabid mob with pitchforks and torches!!!
To totally invent situations and conflicts where none existed isn't ok!!!

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Of course it's alright to criticise, but that post from the resident fantasist had Crawford down as a marked man who was pilloried from his position by a rabid mob with pitchforks and torches!!!

King your a Muppet!!!!

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

It is your inventions that are flawed KK,  Crawford was hounded out of the managers job by a certain section of  fans.  It is still happening at games now.  Even with the relative success the team has had this season, if a result is not positive, booing often results.

PS:  Apologies KK if you weren't one of those that slagged him off back in the day. emoji3.png

We skirted with relegation for the majority of that season as Stevie Crawford had to do the job with basically both hands tied behind his back, no money to replace the superstars who had left and having to battle with a team made up of young boys and some loan signings built around the likes of Jonny Smart, Bobby Linn and Div Muir. At no time during this was Crawford subject to any vilification or abuse, we all knew what sort of pressure he was under and this pressure was obviously having an effect on the guy this and this alone was what saw him resign his position, but what endeared him to the support was his desire to keep us in the Division, he didn't desert a sinking ship he still stayed on to help bail us out and he did just that!!!

This Escalated quickly!! 

To be fair nothing KK said was unfair on Crawford, he was at the time a bad manager, all be it in very bad conditions surrounding the club (there were worse years than his that followed) but i always thought the same as KK, SC didnt just throw the towel in, he stayed and tried to help the team, says a lot about his commitment to the club, which as a fan i appreciated, and is why i am glad to see him get some short tem success just now with dunfermline.

That being said the 'AFTN gestapo' you describe i think were probably about 30% real fans frustrated a the way the club was going at the time, and around 70% wind up merchants, the internet is a crazy place for keyboard gangsters. I do remember the old AFTN message board being criticised by players for being to harsh, but if you look at any fans message board after a bad result you would find similar.

4 hours ago, FullTimePint said:

PS:  Apologies KK if you weren't one of those that slagged him off back in the day. emoji3.png

This Escalated quickly!! 

To be fair nothing KK said was unfair on Crawford, he was at the time a bad manager, all be it in very bad conditions surrounding the club (there were worse years than his that followed) but i always thought the same as KK, SC didnt just throw the towel in, he stayed and tried to help the team, says a lot about his commitment to the club, which as a fan i appreciated, and is why i am glad to see him get some short tem success just now with dunfermline.

That being said the 'AFTN gestapo' you describe i think were probably about 30% real fans frustrated a the way the club was going at the time, and around 70% wind up merchants, the internet is a crazy place for keyboard gangsters. I do remember the old AFTN message board being criticised by players for being to harsh, but if you look at any fans message board after a bad result you would find similar.

What a Load of Absolute Bollocks