The East Fife Thread

On 3/7/2019 at 09:17, Big Fifer said:

Completely agree with everything Liam said, whilst admitting I am 100% one of the moaners. One thing I'd like the club to do is interview the board members, as I have absolutely no idea who the majority of them are and what their qualifications are, what they bring to the table, their links to the club etc. It'd be interesting to find out more about their day to day role in the club, and even the volunteers, if nothing else it would certainly help put it in perspective what the board and volunteers do for the club for us idiotic keyboard warriors! For example, I know Liam (not personally) and he runs his own business and has been following the Fife for yonks as I used to sit in his vicinity when I could make games more regularly. I can absolutely see why he's on the board, but know less than nothing about everyone else. Note I say this as a recommendation, not a complaint :P 

I used to be a moaner but...

tenor (1).gif

Can I make a great point.

Not making any digs at all to anyone on here (fife wise) however remember in summer when our team of charlatans was broken up and Airdrie pounced and stoke half of them offering silly money.

LOOK AT THEM NOW HAHAHAHA.

Guys like page and Wilkie who everyone kicked off about leaving aren’t even starting for Airdrie and their fans are lambasting them for being absolutely brutal [emoji23]

Love it.

I take the view that both Wilkie and Page were excellent players for EF prior to their injuries. Wilkie played until the end of his contract and the club received a transfer fee for Page.

Having said that, I would have expected Murray to have Airdrie further up the league.

I take the view that both Wilkie and Page were excellent players for EF prior to their injuries. Wilkie played until the end of his contract and the club received a transfer fee for Page.
Having said that, I would have expected Murray to have Airdrie further up the league.

I agree with that but just makes me laugh after how bad they and others were for us last year!

40 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

Talking about Steven Ferguson, he disappeared off the radar completely after flopping down south! What a great piece of business that was for our club at the time

A bit harsh  how many other players could say they signed for Spurs.Probably gained a lot of experience hence his roll at Ross County.

A bit harsh  how many other players could say they signed for Spurs.Probably gained a lot of experience hence his roll at Ross County.

Not being harsh at all, just telling it how it is! Good luck to the lad, as I say, it was a great piece of business for our club at the time and if I remember correctly we desperately needed the cash at the time.

ETA I think the Steven Ferguson who is at Ross County could be a different guy all together but not 100% sure

48 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:

I never quite get the slagging ex players ( Nobby Barr and Wincey excluded) The 2 mentioned were art of our championship winning squad, and should always be remembered for that.

Agree. Both were excellent players for us and a crucial part of our squad. Don’t really see any merits in slagging them off. 

1 hour ago, Pee Gee said:

Agree. Both were excellent players for us and a crucial part of our squad. Don’t really see any merits in slagging them off. 

Agreed that both players were excellent in our league 2 winning team but I heard that Pagey was not a good influence in the dressing room during our last few games  of last season and obviously wanted away cos he didn't get on with the management. Don't know if he is injured just now but he is not figuring in the Airdrie squad at the moment.

Agreed that both players were excellent in our league 2 winning team but I heard that Pagey was not a good influence in the dressing room during our last few games  of last season and obviously wanted away cos he didn't get on with the management. Don't know if he is injured just now but he is not figuring in the Airdrie squad at the moment.
" I heard" a lot of things last season, and probably that's what most of it was, hearsay. Whether or not he was a bad influence in the dressing room is between himself and DY. I for one won't lose sleep over it, and will always remember him for his contribution and commitment to the club

19 hours ago, MethilMink said:

Nope definetly John. Steven signed for Spurs in 2000.

Back on my LMA manager 2005 game there was a John ferguson when we had players like Gary Kelly, Sam Linton, John Dodds etc but i just can't mind of him playing much under JM but interestly enough a same John Ferguson popped up at Cowdenbeath nine years ago and now currently plays for Leith Athletic i dont know if its the same John Ferguson or just two different people but by that time in 2005 we would all be standing on the mould anyways....

17 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

I agree with that but just makes me laugh after how bad they and others were for us last year!

Tbh the team did need new blood after last season rollcoaster but they all would always be welcome back... Players that were fans favourites had to be shipped out for new players hungry for success im quite pleased in the dealings Youngs made espically in goals, upfront to bringing in Meggat, Davidson, Watt and Agnew. Next season we would need to replace a few upgrades and keep players ie Dowds!! If promotion doesn't happen and hopefully the BoD will tie the management team for another season or two as he was given a two season contract in July 2017 that expires in May i believe.

On 3/10/2019 at 08:33, sirscottyoung said:

Can I make a great point.

Not making any digs at all to anyone on here (fife wise) however remember in summer when our team of charlatans was broken up and Airdrie pounced and stoke half of them offering silly money.

LOOK AT THEM NOW HAHAHAHA.

Guys like page and Wilkie who everyone kicked off about leaving aren’t even starting for Airdrie and their fans are lambasting them for being absolutely brutal emoji23.png

Love it.

Its probably been one of the surprises for me this year is how inconsistent Airdrie have been. Preseason  i would been putting them up as challenging Arbroath and Raith and comfortbaly in a playoff place. Right now they are closer to the relegation playoff than the promotion one. 

Speaking of ex-fifers. For some reason i am actually quite chuffed to see Stevie Crawford is doing well with Dunfermline.

I always thought when he was our manager, that he didn't get the rub of the green, but the team tried to play the right way. The managers job for us was maybe too early for him, but he always came across as a decent guy