The East Fife Thread

I’ve never seen Higgins play LB but considering he has absolutely zero pace it’s not a position I’d be playing him.

Very rarely attacks the ball either. He knows his own weakness and usually drops off to avoid anyone getting in behind him.

Haha he’s defo played there. Our team is full of defenders. Great balance as we have four top strikers too! Let’s hit some form in this run in and March up the table!

Haha he’s defo played there. Our team is full of defenders. Great balance as we have four top strikers too! Let’s hit some form in this run in and March up the table!

He may we’ll have played there in the past. All I’m saying is he never did in an Ayr shirt and at 33 with zero pace he’s probably not the best option at full back.

Think we'll see Murdoch playing more as a defensive midfielder with Higgins beside Meggatt if Dunlop isn't fit!!!

Also I think Dunlop was in the squad on Tuesday but would only have come on as a last resort of any injuries had occurred to any of the others, Higgins signing gives him the chance to get properly fit as there is no need to rush him now, think Watson's injury is a bit more than a "knock"!!!

Dunlop was in the squad on Tuesday.

Both had wee niggles so we’re out the Dumbarton game Darren said. One with their foot and the other with their knee.

So he was, my bad.

Hopefully Higgins turns out to be Steven Tweed like player. A guy with limited pace but his positional sense more than made up for it. Our problem this season has been defending corners so I’m sure Higgins will certainly help with that.

14 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

So he was, my bad.

Hopefully Higgins turns out to be Steven Tweed like player. A guy with limited pace but his positional sense more than made up for it. Our problem this season has been defending corners so I’m sure Higgins will certainly help with that.

I come with bad news.....

Ryan Goodfellow has been signed on loan by Berwick Rangers, is he any good? The lad's been third choice at Cowdenbeath all season.

Are Berwick just trying to sign as many ex East Fife players as possible? Goodfellow was a decent enough keeper, but being 3rd choice at Cowdenbeath of late isn’t a ringing endorsement.

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

I would have thought so myself, but he did pick up more than a handful of games at Bayview. Didn't he go 600 minutes without conceding at some point?

Ryan is an excellent shot stopper, but his main weakness along with (if we are honest) lots of other goalies and defenders, is at corners and similar set pieces.  I think he will be ok and will do a good job for you.

19 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Ryan Goodfellow has been signed on loan by Berwick Rangers, is he any good? The lad's been third choice at Cowdenbeath all season.

Top bloke but when he was with us he wasn't constant enough and fell out of favour even at L2, good shot stopper and was heroic when we took Dumbarton to a penalty shootout at bayview in the betfred cup part from that he's just your usual goalkeeper that does the job when call upon on. Not surprised he's joined Brown and Willis in forming part of an east fife squad from the past.

Top bloke but when he was with us he wasn't constant enough and fell out of favour even at L2, good shot stopper and was heroic when we took Dumbarton to a penalty shootout at bayview in the betfred cup part from that he's just your usual goalkeeper that does the job when call upon on. Not surprised he's joined Brown and Willis in forming part of an east fife squad from the past.

Willis is at Peterhead.

Lewis Barr And Declan Okane are there though and young matthew Knox we had on loan

On 02/03/2019 at 08:49, sirscottyoung said:

Willis is at Peterhead.

Lewis Barr And Declan Okane are there though and young matthew Knox we had on loan

Thats how little i know about the league below these days but Willis still manages to find another club wow. 

The other two a wee blast from the past in GN squads of the past and Knox is a youngster that we thought we tried and never did much, like Ola don't see the hype with all the links to other clubs etc if hes just a player for their development squad 

However, back to us what is happening, from nearly nicking a 4-4 draw at home to the Sons, to actually drawn at home in midweek to the title favourites to been rather off it away to a team in these play offs its really buffling with 12 games left we really need get back to the east fife way before these cup games 3-4 weeks ago i know injuries to key players Aggie, Janny then Kane got sent off with a stupid foul and now Long and Murdoch hopefully we start winning a few matches and the injuries clear up too as this quarter is Vital to us finishing the season with an extra 2-4 matches than to finish 5th or 6th we need start going back to how we have playing before, the consistency and have consistant formation with players in the team regular at this stage hopefully once Long, Aggie and Janny's back we'll be that teams everyones used to us winning games football...especially when teams below you are touching distant to ourself aswell as win these three games you're right back in it amongst the other two clubs above us but things need to start on tuesday as you'll say "no more f**king about" time to win games before seasons out!!

I also noticed there was no Rc19 on saturday he would of been rather useful in that game of choice hopefully hes not on the injured list aswell :shutup

Fifers For The Community & East Fife Community Football Club have applied for a grant from Climb Project Funding, who have funds for community projects, & they need your help.
If you haven't already voted, you can do so at Wellesley Parish Church Hall on Sat 9th March between 11am-2pm

Funding 1.jpg

Funding 2.jpg

Edited by landerson1990
typo

I'm guessing it's a pretty small sample size but how's Broque Watson been getting on for you guys?

East Fife’s best player imo in a poor team performance against Forfar last Saturday.