The East Fife Thread

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 20:03, Big Fifer said:

Nah, I'm not having this I'm afraid.

If we look at each one separately, and look at what the club are doing with asking for clarification. For what it's worth, I understand that Darren is doing a fantastic job and that's probably why the board have decided to back him here.

I have absolutely no idea what the club stands to gain from this clarification and all it does is make us look like a Rangers/Celtic tin foil hat wearers, claiming some sort of inherent bias in lower league refereeing. I've seen both incidents and aye, between them there's probably at least one penalty in there. I've always been a win some lose some sorta believer, we've no doubt had decisions for us this season that were incorrect.

By asking for clarification who do they want to respond? The SFA or the ref? And what do they want or expect to hear back? The SFA will rightly back the referee and the ref will say that at the time he didn't think it was enough for a penalty. Darren obviously disagrees, with the advantage of having seen it a) from a different angle and b) however many hundreds of times he's watched each incident on the highlights. If the ref said he got it wrong, who cares? It doesn't change anything and we're still out. Does it give you a warm fuzzy feeling knowing you were right? Of course it doesn't. You're still annoyed. If the ref stands by his decision, Darren will still disagree and still be pissed off and annoyed. The clarification of a decision, right or wrong, makes no difference to the result, that fans frustration or the standards of refereeing.

With regards the refs doing interviews after games, that would be an absolute calamity. If they did the interview directly after they're going to defend every decision they made, say they called it as they saw it, and if you've disagreed with the decision at the time then guess what? You're still going to disagree an hour after the game. Unless you've misinterpreted a rule of the game, them explaining a decision doesn't help. Your interpretation of your view of the incident is always going to be different than the refs. If you want further clarification of their choices after highlights it's the same as I've said above with Darren, nothing they say will make you feel better and nothing they do can change the result or outcome of the game. You have the advantage of having multiple angles and replays, the ref did not.

Refs having to explain decisions after the game would be an utterly abhorrent and all it does is vilify people who go to their work on a Saturday afternoon and take vile abuse for two hours from me, you and the other 800 fans in the stadium that think when they pay their £15 they can say whatever they like. Refereeing must be the worst job ever in terms of getting absolutely 0 praise when you're doing it well and getting treated like a piece of dirt when you make a mistake. I feel for them, and they allow our game to function, so as far as having them have to justify everything they do to us idiots on the sidelines, it's a big fat no from me. Forcing them to have to continue to potentially take abuse after 5pm on a Saturday would border on flat out bullying from the SFA if they enforced that.

Human beings make mistakes, and human beings have different interpretations of stuff on a fitba field. Some decisions you'll get and some you won't, it really is as simple as that.

Just came on to slag your goal music but this is a great, bang on the money, post.

23 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

Certainly won’t be the best loanee we’ve had from United.

Remember him from his first spell here and I thought he was good.A full time fit player I'm sure he should be right in the first team.

You won’t get better than adeyemo, what a find he was        

I'll assume you're being ironic in that statement??? 

He was quite possibly the worst player I have ever seen in an East Fife jersey and honestly I've seen some donkeys in my time. In fact it was only recently my jaw came back up off the floor when I found out he had actually been signed by Watford the season after he had been with us and had been punted by Dundee Utd!!!

His agent must be fucking amazing and a shoe in for any "Agent of the Year" awards going, if such a thing exists, as I notice he seems to be able to find the guy a new Club every year after he is obviously found out and punted out the door year upon year!!!

I'll assume you're being ironic in that statement???  
He was quite possibly the worst player I have ever seen in an East Fife jersey and honestly I've seen some donkeys in my time. In fact it was only recently my jaw came back up off the floor when I found out he had actually been signed by Watford the season after he had been with us and had been punted by Dundee Utd!!!
His agent must be fucking amazing and a shoe in for any "Agent of the Year" awards going, if such a thing exists, as I notice he seems to be able to find the guy a new Club every year after he is obviously found out and punted out the door year upon year!!!

Cmon mate !!!!!

Tbf i acctually felt sorry for young Ola, he just needed a few goals to be a hit amongst others who seen he lacked a few therefore got released to be it another PL club south of the boader but nothing came more to a young kid that it never much worked out...seem a decent bloke though. Another players since we've had Ali Coote (he was great, just got on with it was a smashing wee player would have taken him back but is he not with Brentford not sure? the other was a goalie that feature on our sub dugout four seasons ago he was at cowdenbeath last year now released but he didn't seem much either in terms of beening great other than that we've enjoyed others from other teams including saint johnstone and hearts.

Hopefully this deal is much better and therefore if hes good at finding his level again, a similar deal to Page got could be given considering the amount defender Utd have currently with SM already know what were about he'll help boys like Dunsy etc, he seems a bit of a unsung cult hero having played for ourselfs in 2010 etc time will tell if hes not that bad as they seem at Tayside.

With this last quarter the minimum is fourth so anything ABOVE FIFTH !!!!!!!!!! will do me and im like a broken record of where i want us to be and KK will surely be first person to rectify where we and i see Ef = its surely a decent message anything Above fifth absolutely joys!! #RepeatingMyself so hopefully adds to what we dont have either middle of the pitch and out wide right. 

Ps MonTheFifers

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

A very good player, however I didn’t think we were lacking players at centre half especially that we have just brought Murdoch in too.

Unless that means Watson and/or Dunlop are injured as haven’t been in the last 2 squads.

Dunlop was in the squad on Tuesday.

Both had wee niggles so we’re out the Dumbarton game Darren said. One with their foot and the other with their knee.

Absolutely brilliant signing. We now have 4 players who can play left back haha

I’ve never seen Higgins play LB but considering he has absolutely zero pace it’s not a position I’d be playing him.

Very rarely attacks the ball either. He knows his own weakness and usually drops off to avoid anyone getting in behind him.