The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember either
A: the TV money was either put into the full pot at the start of the competition inflating prize money slightly

OR

B: its something like an extra £12k for a TV game.

I'll take option B please.

I'll take option B please.

Done a wee search on your behalf and found.....

Will there be extra payments if my club is live on TV?

NO. The briefing note says that, due to the increased number of live games, the SPFL board has decided "not to allocate television facility fee payments," and instead "maximise prize money"

That segment was from a piece that Colin Paterson done in 2016 when it was overhauled to the current format. I knew in the back of my mind I'd heard somewhere they'd just fired all the money in a pot.

The original article...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/irn-bru-cup-how-much-8196025

2 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Done a wee search on your behalf and found.....

Will there be extra payments if my club is live on TV?

NO. The briefing note says that, due to the increased number of live games, the SPFL board has decided "not to allocate television facility fee payments," and instead "maximise prize money"

That segment was from a piece that Colin Paterson done in 2016 when it was overhauled to the current format. I knew in the back of my mind I'd heard somewhere they'd just fired all the money in a pot.

The original article...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/irn-bru-cup-how-much-8196025

You were supposed to come back and tell me we'll be soaring up the leagues with our #fatstacks of cash ffs! Least we get about £10k in prize money for reaching this stage, according to an article from about 3 years ago...

Well what a load of disappointing patronising pish that was on Sportscene, specifically playing up the "What a shock it would be if the plucky Fifers can pull off a shock here" angle, not mentioning all our Championship scalps we've taken already this season, including yesterday's opponents, a good example of lazy journalism!!!
Eta - obviously I wasn't including the Caroline and Davie segments in my rant there, it is good to see the volunteers getting some recognition, they all do a good job!!!

It is completely lazy journalism.

The Hibs v Raith game, comments were Raith were coming into this game on fine form.
They've looked at the League table, saw they were second and assumed they were playing well.

15 minutes ago, 90thMinuteDunsmore said:

Bit of a random one, But does anybody know who would have wore number 11 for us between 93-95??

Would have been the Arnold Dwarika era I would think.  Loved that guy!

ETA - I misread you there and think Dwarika is a bit late.  

Benny Andrew a possibility?

Edited by WullieBroonIsGod

Bit of a random one, But does anybody know who would have wore number 11 for us between 93-95??

No squad numbers then, so whoever was picked wore that shirt!!!
Pretty sure 95-96 it was usually "The Prince" Matty Dyer!!!

4 hours ago, 90thMinuteDunsmore said:

You need to narrow it down a little, 93-95 covers four seasons. Perhaps describe the shirt.

92-3 was mostly Joe McBride

93-4 mostly Alan Irvine or Benny Andrew

94-5 mostly Dougie Hope

95-6 mostly Dougie Hope

17 minutes ago, 90thMinuteDunsmore said:

This is the shirt here, Not the best looking out of all of the kits we have had but I presume its a match worn shirt with it having the number on the back?

EFFCSHIRT.jpg

That strip was worn between 1991 and 1993, almost exclusively by Joe McBŕide. A very fine player indeed...

33 minutes ago, 90thMinuteDunsmore said:

Good to know, Thanks. My mistake on the years i got it from here.

Screenshot_24.png

I think your shirt info is correct. Only cos my first season watching East Fife was 1992/93 and remember the all gold hit. But I'm sure we switched to the pin stripe in 93/94 and 94/95 before gong to the all black kit to win promotion in 95/96.

So you'll be looking for 93/94 or 94/95.

Definitely remember Dougie Hope because he lifted me up and whirled me around a bit on the pitch at Recreation Park when we drew with Alloa on the last day to go into the new second division rather than the third. Ronnie Hildersley signed in 93 and I'm sure was a left winger so would also be a good shout.

That strip was worn between 1991 and 1993, almost exclusively by Joe McBŕide. A very fine player indeed...
I still have that one in a drawer, sneaky feeling it won't fit. Wore it to a music festival near Lemvig in Denmark, was amazing the amount of people asking about the team that night.