The East Fife Thread

If we could get Meggatt and Watson signed up we have a fantastic core of a squad for our assault on the Championship...

Results yesterday went in our favour, even though we dropped to 4th, Airdrie and Montrose haven’t made any ground on us. Will start brushing up on my Gaelic for the game this weekend.

Hospitality was absolutely fantastic yesterday so huge thanks to all that provide it. I don't get to many home games so I think when I do I'll try go hospitality as it makes all the difference.

Shame about the result yesterday but I genuinely love this team. I feel like the fans are really buying into this side and the players and management seem like such a tight nit group all playing for each other. I have absolutely no doubt we'll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season for these playoffs.

The more of these lads we can get signed up the better!

Well what a load of disappointing patronising pish that was on Sportscene, specifically playing up the "What a shock it would be if the plucky Fifers can pull off a shock here" angle, not mentioning all our Championship scalps we've taken already this season, including yesterday's opponents, a good example of lazy journalism!!!

Eta - obviously I wasn't including the Caroline and Davie segments in my rant there, it is good to see the volunteers getting some recognition, they all do a good job!!!

5 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Well what a load of disappointing patronising pish that was on Sportscene, specifically playing up the "What a shock it would be if the plucky Fifers can pull off a shock here" angle, not mentioning all our Championship scalps we've taken already this season, including yesterday's opponents, a good example of lazy journalism!!!

Our coverage was pretty poor on it tbh utter gash i still rate our wonderful media tv team, i got the feeling they all thought todays games of Talbot and QoTS and Rovers was all gonna cause 'Shocks' to only see Hibs, Heartz, Celtic, DU, Dons and only killie to go to a replay i like to add a big GIRUY to the beeb i like to say if we go out so do those that got put out they should join us but im proud we got as far as we did hopefully have a better chance of reaching some sort eh final in no better semis than playing the favourites from dingwall thats all im saying, fantastic hopefully the final aint perth but edinburgh/Livingston/Dunfermline though if we do get to our first final since the early 50s!!

18 hours ago, 7 Eleven said:

Has the manager been given a new contract for next season? Seems a bit pointless signing up all these players without him signing a contract or the club are creating the same situation he walked into at the start of last season.

As far as im aware Mr Young was handed a two year contract by the current board in July 2017 and hes three months to the end of that contract so with handful players signing new deals you would assume so.

Thanks for your email.

You will no doubt have seen the comments from Bohemians FC explaining why the announcement was made such a short time before the scheduled kick off for your match.

You will no doubt also have seen the statement from your own club apologising to fans - even though the postponement was of course nothing to do with East Fife FC.

I trust you have also now seen the statement from the SPFL explaining that Bohemians FC will be withdrawing from this season’s IRN-BRU Cup.

With very best wishes for your forthcoming IRN-BRU Cup semi-final against Ross County FC and the remainder of your Ladbrokes League One season.

Kind regards

Received this email after complaining to the SPFL over our clubs treatment in the cluster f**k cup!

ETA: None of the questions I asked were answered by the "zero fucks given" SPFL