The East Fife Thread

29 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I can't disprove a negative. I haven't heard of anything Bohs did so I'm assuming nothing was done. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy to admit that.

For the record, Bohs don't own the stadium anymore, It's owned and maintained by the local council, and in fairness to the East Fife manager in the press today, he done his homework before putting out 'blame'.

55 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Does that make sense though? If Aberdeen are playing Stranraer away in the cup there wouldn’t be a 130 pitch inspection on the day

Well no but you can see why they have done it. I can’t imagine many travelled over on Saturday morning for the game. And even if you did you’d still travel even if it was called off at 9am. 

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

If it's possible for the tie to be played at Bayview, I'm happy with that. If it's not (considering this tournament actually needs to finish at some point) then although it's a weird position to be in, the SPFL have to be practical about it and asking Bohs to forfeit is the only practical solution. I think the zero effort put towards ensuring the game wasn't called off makes that fair as well.

I agree that the correct decision has been reached but only because Bohs agreed to it. To ‘kick them out’ against their will would have been completely unfair.

What a fucking shambles. 

31 minutes ago, BohsMan said:

For the record, Bohs don't own the stadium anymore, It's owned and maintained by the local council, and in fairness to the East Fife manager in the press today, he done his homework before putting out 'blame'.

In fairness, he's a manager of a football club. He's always going to diplomatic in what he says in public.

Correct call. They should have been thrown out in November after failing to play the game on its original date.

The majority of the blame lies with Doncaster though, another huge cock up after the semi final Hampden debacle.

Good news is, that I will get to see East Fife on TV next Saturday morning and a decent chance of reaching the final now.

Correct call. They should have been thrown out in November after failing to play the game on its original date.

The majority of the blame lies with Doncaster though, another huge cock up after the semi final Hampden debacle.

Good news is, that I will get to see East Fife on TV next Saturday morning and a decent chance of reaching the final now.

^^^ this!!!

How come nobody is talking about an East Fife 'forefeit' if you are all so unhappy about the situation?
We quite fancy a Semi Final day out live on TV in Ireland and the UK.

Ah well, you can watch ours instead!!![emoji6]

Just now, King Kebab said:

Ah well, you can watch ours instead!!!emoji6.png

Lets just say our short stay in Scottish Football competitions was memorable, and not all for the right reasons

At least as a club we have wins over Rangers and Aberdeen in 'proper' europen competitions to remember.

Good night all and thanks for having me.

19 minutes ago, westcoastfifer said:

Hotel already booked!

We booked our rooms as soon as the semi date was announced. X2 nights in Strathpeffer. EFMB keep their 100% record in tact. The Fife have never been beat when we are there! That is now 3 games that have not gone ahead! (X1 Rovers & x2 Bohs) - lol

Don't think we will have many in Ding on a Friday night. Another two fingers up to the support in this cup but that's another gripe! We are in the semi folks - yee-ha

Lets just say our short stay in Scottish Football competitions was memorable, and not all for the right reasons At least as a club we have wins over Rangers and Aberdeen in 'proper' europen competitions to remember.

Good night all and thanks for having me.

Well if those thoughts help to keep you warm at night, try and see if there's a way that you can wire them up to your pitch!!! 

Yeah, we do. But the A9 doesn’t...

That's simply no excuse, you'll have had a weeks notice, you should be kicked out the competition if it is!!!