The East Fife Thread

That statement...

Extending your season into November for a tournament you've agreed to participate in shouldn't even need to be a point. If, by some miracle an Irish club made it into the later rounds in the Europa would your or any other Irish club make a similar point?

Same stands for the starting your season two weeks earlier. So f**k! You agreed to participate in a tournament that ran during these months.

It's deflection of the highest order and shows bohemians up as the amateur outfit they are.

Fans who stayed behind were reimbursed. I will assume those that fucked off will have been ripped off then? Certainly seems the case from someone who is a fan of a rival team of East Fife's.

It's shameful from the sfa that this has been allowed to happen in the first place but what a farce bohemians are with that statement.

Read the official Bohs statement. Calling the match off at 9AM or any other in the lead-up was an option (If it was a domestic game it would have been called off earlier), but they wanted to give the game every possible chance of going ahead.
Really don't know how much more can be said.
That's a fair point. They didn't have any other option than to do that on the day.

You ignored it when I asked earlier though. What pitch protection has been in place to give the game a chance of going on? Knowing the forecast, as far as iv been told there has been nothing done to protect the pitch from the conditions?

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

That's a fair point. They didn't have any other option than to do that on the day.

You ignored it when I asked earlier though. What pitch protection has been in place to give the game a chance of going on? Knowing the forecast, as far as iv been told there has been nothing done to protect the pitch from the conditions?

I answered the same question for someone else hours ago.

I don't work on the ground staff at Bohemians any more than you do at East Fife,  so it's difficult for me to answer that,  What I do know is no match has been called off for 40 years on that pitch due to a frozen pitch. so whatever they have been doing every other winter has worked up until Saturday.

36 minutes ago, grumswall said:

That statement...

Extending your season into November for a tournament you've agreed to participate in shouldn't even need to be a point. If, by some miracle an Irish club made it into the later rounds in the Europa would your or any other Irish club make a similar point?

Same stands for the starting your season two weeks earlier. So f**k! You agreed to participate in a tournament that ran during these months.

It's deflection of the highest order and shows bohemians up as the amateur outfit they are.

Fans who stayed behind were reimbursed. I will assume those that fucked off will have been ripped off then? Certainly seems the case from someone who is a fan of a rival team of East Fife's.

It's shameful from the sfa that this has been allowed to happen in the first place but what a farce bohemians are with that statement.

That has happened recently when Dundalk qualified for the group stages of the Europa League.  The big difference being Dundalk were rewarded with seven million euro for extending their season and taking part in the Europa League. The Irn Bru Cup offers a contribution towards travel expenses. Not really the same, is it?

Edited by BohsMan

That has happened recently when Dundalk qualified for the group stages of the Europa League.  The big difference being Dundalk were rewarded with seven million euro for extending their season and taking part in the Europa League. The Irn Bru Cup offers a contribution towards travel expenses. Not really the same, is it?

Iv already said I haven't been reading the whole thread. I have given your dues for coming on to get this aimed at you also.

Edited

That big difference of prize money shouldn't really matter. If you agree to take part in the tournament, you agree to the timescale of it. You will have been given provisional dates for every round. The fai and sfa will both have this aswell. If the prize money on offer was an issue your club shouldn't agree to it in the first place.

I honestly don't understand why bohemians can complain about any of it.

I assume BohsMan is an Irishman. He felt the need to comment on those remarks. 
Massive own goal from the East Fife fans. They've not only ruined any credibility they might have had prior to this game but have outed themselves as massive Anti-Irish bigots.
Not surprising tbh.

So you’ve tarred all East Fife fans as massive Anti-Irish bigots?

I should be offended or should that be “offended”?

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

/Iv already said I haven't been reading the whole thread. I have given your dues for coming on to get this aimed at you also.

Could you explain what provisions were taken to protect the pitch?

That big difference of prize money shouldn't really matter. If you agree to take part in the tournament, you agree to the timescale of it. You will have been given provisional dates for every round. The fai and sfa will both have this aswell. If the prize money on offer was an issue your club shouldn't agree to it in the first place.

I honestly don't understand why bohemians can complain about any of it.

"I don't work on the ground staff at Bohemians any more than you do at East Fife,  so it's difficult for me to answer that,  What I do know is no match has been called off for 40 years on that pitch due to a frozen pitch. so whatever they have been doing every other winter has worked up until Saturday"

What exactly have Bohemians complained about? The complaining from what I can see is all from East Fife fans.

"I don't work on the ground staff at Bohemians any more than you do at East Fife,  so it's difficult for me to answer that,  What I do know is no match has been called off for 40 years on that pitch due to a frozen pitch. so whatever they have been doing every other winter has worked up until Saturday"
What exactly have Bohemians complained about? The complaining from what I can see is all from East Fife fans.
As you will see I edited my post to remove that question. Thanks for doing that anyway.

From the statement, they have complained about the reaction to the game being called off.

Im far from an East fan but I'm complaining? There are many fans on this and the match thread complaining who are not east Fife fans and that's just on pnb.

Maybe best to stick to your amateur league next season while we enjoy Doncaster etc being amateur in control of a professional set up.

4 hours ago, grumswall said:

As you will see I edited my post to remove that question. Thanks for doing that anyway.

From the statement, they have complained about the reaction to the game being called off.

Im far from an East fan but I'm complaining? There are many fans on this and the match thread complaining who are not east Fife fans and that's just on pnb.

Maybe best to stick to your amateur league next season while we enjoy Doncaster etc being amateur in control of a professional set up.

What a bizzare statement to make. Are you taking some kind of high ground because our game is riven with professional incompetence? 

5 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

I assume BohsMan is an Irishman. He felt the need to comment on those remarks. 
Massive own goal from the East Fife fans. They've not only ruined any credibility they might have had prior to this game but have outed themselves as massive Anti-Irish bigots.
Not surprising tbh.

So you’ve tarred all East Fife fans as massive Anti-Irish bigots?

I should be offended or should that be “offended”?

As said previously, an Irish Bohemians fan felt it was necessary to comment upon some (from his perspective) Anti-Irish sentiment from King Kebab. 

The delightfully named 'Yer maw does cooncil' also made ill-judged remarks that carried xenophobic undertones. 

Both posters are East Fife fans. 

Maybe condemnation of your fellow fans should be considered before you complain about being offended?

I took to boycotting this cup when this format was introduced. It’s the only way to get it changed back to what it should be. A fantastic wee tournament that our fans valued. If you want to increase participation then expand it to the lowland leagues and highland leagues or juniors.

Not often I’ll say this - but I’ll be rooting for you if they decide to replay this game.

Back into work this morning after a relatively enjoyable weekend. Good to meet up with so many Fifers, fantastic effort from everyone going across in big numbers to support the team.

With regards the pitch, I won't go over a lot of what's been said again, I completely agree it was a complete shambles and ruined the Saturday.

For me though, the biggest issue isn't the call off. These things happen sometimes, but that's not enough IMO. It's more the fact we could see the weather was going to be tough for the week leading up to the game, and I'm not convinced enough was done by Bohs to ensure this game could go ahead. I hear what they're saying that they don't have pitch covers because they're the summer season, I still find that a bit mental, but whatever. What alternatives were sought? Could covers be sourced from elsewhere as a one off? Are there other ways to treat the pitch to ensure it's on? Can we move the venue (earlier than looking at this option on the day!). I dunno. I feel like the consensus of "games sometimes get called off" is a bit lazy and more could have been done here.

Interesting to see what nonsensical solution we get today anyway.

Edited by Big Fifer