The East Fife Thread

10 minutes ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, BohsMan said:
Its not our job to tell your FA how to run their competitions, they were obviously aware of the situation and were fine with it. 
Why should it be up to us to say its not a good idea?

Correct it is not your job. What you should do though having accepted the invitation is make sure your able to fulfill the potential fixtures regardless of whether your season is running or not. Otherwise you shouldn't be accepting the invitation and essentially forcing the game be moved by 3 months to accommodate you. To then not take any precautions to make the pitch playable knowing the forecast just makes it worse.

Answered this for someone earlier. Bohs were invited to join this competition. I assume the organisers were fully aware of the timescale our season works off and they were perfectly fine to work with it.

This is a blunder by your association. It's not the job of Bohemian FC (or Sligo Rovers) to tell the organisers that this may not be a very good idea.

Both clubs accepted the invitation in good faith. All would have been OK until the forces of nature kicked in on Saturday. Thats when things got silly.

Both clubs accepted the invitation in good faith. All would have been OK until the forces of nature kicked in on Saturday. Thats when things got silly.

Again, bollocks and complete evasion, the forces of nature did not just kick in on Saturday, there was photos up on the cup thread from earlier in the week that showed the conditions in Dublin, there were East Fife fans there on Thursday who were saying how cold it was, the question of making an effort to make your own ground playable has nothing to do with either FA's it is to do with the individual Club, in this case yourselves, to either ensure the ground is playable OR considering the distances involved having adequate notice to the Opposition Club and their fans that there is nothing you can do!!!
There is a difference between being able to do nothing and choosing to do nothing!!!

2 hours ago, BohsMan said:

Levelling a lot of accusations there against Bohs.

No club in Ireland uses covers, I suspect not a whole lot of clubs in the lower regions of Scotish football do either.

Dublin isn't overloaded with all weather pitches that can accomodate up to 3000 fans at short notice.

Do you think the sitution would really have been made better by shutting the bars so as not to be seen to be making money? Really?

Well there could've been an fai request to use tallaght, tolka, Richmond or even the Carlisle ground as an alternative, with pitch inspection at 8am and maybe delay kickoff to 5pm if one of the grounds was playable. None were being used yesterday as far as I know. Looks like the game will be played next week as bohs are playing finn harps the week after unless they beat East Fife. 

And for the east Fife fans complaining about how bohs handled the situation most loi clubs have a lot of voluntary staff. 

The blame has to go to the spfl though because they invited teams whose season is completely different to the Scottish one and hoping one of those teams, in this case bohs, got far enough to affect the fixture dates. 

Could more have been done? Yes

Should bohs/spfl/fai had an alternative ground like tallaght stadium avaliable? Yes

Do I hope the EF fans get some sort of compensation? Yes

Do I hope they come in their drones for the rearranged fixture? Definitely 

What's happened has happened and nothing can be done about that. Let's see if the spfl will feck it up again 

Answered this for someone earlier. Bohs were invited to join this competition. I assume the organisers were fully aware of the timescale our season works off and they were perfectly fine to work with it.
This is a blunder by your association. It's not the job of Bohemian FC (or Sligo Rovers) to tell the organisers that this may not be a very good idea.
Haven't read it all. Also fair play actually coming on to what was always going to be an argument/ debate. The sfa have without a doubt fucked this up and made a massive joke of the tournament. By accepting to be a part if the tournament it is then your clubs responsibility to have a team ready and able to play for all the potential fixtures. If that's your off season that shouldn't be anyone else's problem but your clubs. You were given leeway with that and then failed to put into place any kind of pitch protection to ensure that the decent fans travelling to a game rearranged for 3 months later to accommodate you was put on successfully. Your club has fucked this up and should rightfully take a proportion of the blame. Not all of the blame, but certainly some.

2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Again, bollocks and complete evasion, the forces of nature did not just kick in on Saturday, there was photos up on the cup thread from earlier in the week that showed the conditions in Dublin, there were East Fife fans there on Thursday who were saying how cold it was, the question of making an effort to make your own ground playable has nothing to do with either FA's it is to do with the individual Club, in this case yourselves, to either ensure the ground is playable OR considering the distances involved having adequate notice to the Opposition Club and their fans that there is nothing you can do!!!
There is a difference between being able to do nothing and choosing to do nothing!!!

Maybe as a club who are not used to playing  anywhere other than within your own country, its difficult for you to understand matches are not called off based on the distance fans have travelled.

18 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Referring to somebody being called Paddy is wholly different from referring to a whole swathe of the public as Paddy's as well you know, you also say "hints" in "some" of my comments, as if there are more, care to show me that???

As for the "non-British" comments, don't try and associate that with me, or any of the other posters on here, that IS xenophobic, perhaps you should take that up with the f**k nugget that came out with it!!!

It was a crass and unnecessary addition to your point that needlessly invites accusations of bigotry.  

12 minutes ago, BohsMan said:

Maybe as a club who are not used to playing  anywhere other than within your own country, its difficult for you to understand matches are not called off based on the distance fans have travelled.

Of course they're not. People's problem isn't that by the time we got to 14:58, the game was actually called off. It's the fact that everyone knew what the conditions were going to be like in Dublin over the weekend and, as the home club, Bohemians should have done something about it. Might not have made any difference but doing nothing is just idiotic.

Bohemians should forfeit the tie.

8 minutes ago, Sarge Bullman said:

It was a crass and unnecessary addition to your point that needlessly invites accusations of bigotry.  

In fairness to KingKabab, I owe him an apology, I had a huge amount of replies to my post at the same time (I'm also on a ferry in and out of service), and I wrongly attributed the 'Ulster Bank and non-british'  comments to him..

So apologies, lets talk football.

15 minutes ago, BohsMan said:

I can only see one person having difficulty understanding here and it's certainly not me, but please continue to ignore any further facts that are put before you and continue to act the arse, it's kind of amusing, tiring but amusing!!!

14 minutes ago, Sarge Bullman said:

So no other hints in some of the comments then or was that an unnecessary addition???  

I think that this competition should be limited to Scottish league clubs and Pyramid structure only and recent events prove this. If Irish teams play in all conditions and games don't get called off for frozen pitches as BohsMan suggests then maybe the club did think it would be played. We used to play over here in all sorts of weather but don't now for some reason. What I don't get is that if fans don't want foreign teams to be invited and think this cup is a waste of time why go and travel and watch it? Just makes the organisers think they have got it spot on.

13 minutes ago, BohsMan said:

In fairness to KingKabab, I owe him an apology, I had a huge amount of replies to my post at the same time (I'm also on a ferry in and out of service), and I wrongly attributed the 'Ulster Bank and non-british'  comments to him..

So apologies, lets talk football.

Accepted!!!

27 minutes ago, Sarge Bullman said:

Still waiting!!!

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Welsh league teams have to play European qualifiers shortly after starting their summer break, no reason why Bohemians couldn't have played their tie as first timetabled.

The reason Bohs couldn't play the original tie as 'timetabled' was because all bar-three of our players were out of contract at the time.

Not sure that would have been much fun for the fans to watch 11 v 3.

If I remember correctly even Bohemians first game in the competition against us was up in the air depending on how they got on in some cup of their own, again it was going to possibly have to be moved to suit them either to a sunday or mid-week which would have cost us money in getting part-time players off work etc, turned out no change was needed but again it was to benefit them not us. Seem to remember someone from one of the Irish teams saying they thought teams from there would be withdrawn from entry next season but cannot remember if was teams from the North or South that was mentioned. Would certainly still ditch the colts but as has been proved this season it is not the best of ideas having teams in it involved in a completely different season. Doncaster should certainly be held to account over this after telling us what a great success the introduction of these teams have been.

2 minutes ago, BohsMan said:

The reason Bohs couldn't play the original tie as 'timetabled' was because all bar-three of our players were out of contract at the time.

Then you should have forfeited the tie. Falkirk had a similar clear out just before their one and only European tie but managed to scrape a squad together. 

As iv said before, that is your clubs responsibility to ensure that doesn't happen when agreeing to take part in the tournament. Can't blame the sfa for that as they don't control your players contracts.