The East Fife Thread

Levelling a lot of accusations there against Bohs.
No club in Ireland uses covers, I suspect not a whole lot of clubs in the lower regions of Scotish football do either.
Dublin isn't overloaded with all weather pitches that can accomodate up to 3000 fans at short notice.
Do you think the sitution would really have been made better by shutting the bars so as not to be seen to be making money? Really?

I have made one statement which alleges that they only opened the ground to fill the bar. The rest are series of questions which you really have not addressed. What steps did Bohemians take to ensure this game would go ahead given the fact they knew their opponents and their fans had spent a fortune getting to the game ?

13 minutes ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

Can tell u haven’t lost hundreds of pound this weekend. With an attitude like that I hope of the tie is rearranged at bayview so we can return the favour on a Wednesday night 5 mins before kick off. But my preference is for all the non- British foreign shite to be removed from future competition. The point is the Park hasn’t been playable for days, no effort was made to make it playable by bohs or the groundsmen in terms of covers or ground work. The game could’ve been called off days ago, The bar manager will be laughing all the way to the Ulster bank this morning.

"Get rid of the "non-British" and they "only bank with Ulster Bank" 

Good try but you're not dragging me down that lane. I came on here to try give a bit of balance to the thread and talk football or lack of it.

Our fans love an away day, genuinely don't think if roles were reversed and we travelled to Scotland for a game to be postponed we would make such a big deal about it.

These things happen all the time in football. It's life, shit happens, get on with it.

If it had been called off 3-4 hours ahead it’s a sore one but it’s acceptable, 5 mins is a disgrace. Anyway even if I don’t agree you, you’ve said more than your club have. I don’t have any gripe with bohs fans. I Hope your season goes well. All the best.

Seriously lads, never heard such nonsense and moaning from a bunch of supporters. Looking for Bohemians to be thrown out of the competition because of an unplayable pitch on the coldest weekend for years. 
East Fife fans aren't the first set of fans to travel to a postponed game, and you won't be the last. 

So why did you take our money on the gate when you knew the game would be off- announcement late so you could maximise the bar takings?

2 minutes ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

If it had been called off 3-4 hours ahead it’s a sore one but it’s acceptable, 5 mins is a disgrace. Anyway even if I don’t agree you, you’ve said more than your club have. I don’t have any gripe with bohs fans. I Hope your season goes well. All the best.

My understanding of '5 minute' thing was because they wanted to give the game 'every chance to go ahead'.

That came from the referee. For people to be suggesting that Bohs were 'in on it' as an elaborate ploy to milk as much money from our visitors in the bars is rediculous.

Just now, Its not only a game said:

So why did you take our money on the gate when you knew the game would be off- announcement late so you could maximise the bar takings?

Nobody knew the game was called off until the referee said it was off 5 mins before kick off, thats why.

Also feel free to use this forum as an opportunity to enlighten everybody as to what precautionary measures WERE put in place by your Club to make sure that no accusations could be made towards them regarding negligence or ineptitude!!!

Putting your tuppence in everywhere else how about an answer to the above???

6 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

That pitch was never playable yesterday- the day before or today- hard as rock in the side of the pitch covered by the stand.

I'll take your word for that, but for some reason the ref and the people have the final say wanted to give it until the last minute to make a decision. So who should I believe?

Think most clubs who don't have artificial surfaces in Scotland have covers to be fair?

Nobody is angry at Bohemians for the weather either BohsMan [emoji23]

More the fact that the weather and the forecast just didn't seem to be taken into consideration at all [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Which is insane given the fact people had to actually get on a plane and travel between different countries [emoji23]

6 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Putting your tuppence in everywhere else how about an answer to the above???

Last reply to you because I dont like your anti Irish vibes.

This is the first time in 40 years a game has been called off on that pitch because of it being frozen. I'm sure our groundstaff did all they could (I dont work there so how woukd i know what they did or didnt do?)

but  there is only so much you can do in certain situations. Unless we called in Batman to sort out Mr Freeze.

Last reply to you because I dont like your anti Irish vibes.

This is the first time in 40 years a game has been called off on that pitch because of it being frozen. I'm sure our groundstaff did all they could (I dont work there so how woukd i know what they did or didnt do?)

but  there is only so much you can do in certain situations. Unless we called in Batman to sort out Mr Freeze.

What anti-Irish vibes???

Don't start trying to play a race card here!!!

And if you think that doing f**k all is doing "all that they could" then you have no argument at all!!!

Your Club has fucked up big time here, just have the balls to admit it!!!

What anti-Irish vibes???
And if you think that doing f**k all is doing "all that they could" then you have no argument at all!!!

Exclamation marks and now anti-Irish. Pretty disgusting tbqh.

My understanding of '5 minute' thing was because they wanted to give the game 'every chance to go ahead'.
That came from the referee. For people to be suggesting that Bohs were 'in on it' as an elaborate ploy to milk as much money from our visitors in the bars is rediculous.

The game never had a chance of going ahead, if the club had the common sense to look at the weather forecast they would’ve been able to call the game off days before and prevented the east fife fans who have went over spending hundreds of pounds to watch a football match that never even went ahead.

Feel sorry for all the EF fans who went across and hope they are just given the tie and bohemians are forced to forfeit, joke of a competition.

We all get games are postponed due to the weather but the sheer incompetence from Bohemians is actually comical! C'mon to f**k, why was there not any pitch inspection when the weather was so cold? Absolutely zero common sense that has cost people a considerable amount of money, time and effort! Let's not forget this tie was supposed to be played in November! An absolute fucking shambles and I hope our board tell the SPFL where to go if they expect us to travel back to Dublin!

39 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

What anti-Irish vibes???

Definite hints of anti-Irish vibes in some of your comments - why the reference to "Paddy" ?

Another poster also made reference to "non-British teams" and, most ludicrous of all, "laughing all the way to the Ulster Bank". 

I've a lot of sympathy for East Fife fans here. It should have been obvious to the groundstaff and referee that the ground was unplayable much earlier. But when xenophobia starts creeping into your argument then it completely loses any legitimacy.

Edited by Sarge Bullman
Spelling

19 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

We all get games are postponed due to the weather but the sheer incompetence from Bohemians is actually comical! C'mon to f**k, why was there not any pitch inspection when the weather was so cold? Absolutely zero common sense that has cost people a considerable amount of money, time and effort! Let's not forget this tie was supposed to be played in November! An absolute fucking shambles and I hope our board tell the SPFL where to go if they expect us to travel back to Dublin!

Its not the job of the home club to arrange pitch inspections. Thats the job of the organisers of the competition.

They (and the ref) were the people who called it off.

No game has been called off for that reason (frozen) in 40  years, If it was a League of Ireland game, it would have gone ahead.

I have watched games on that pitch in snow and blizzards. Its been a swamp and rock hard, but games have gone ahead.

Bohs did not call this game off.

Its not our job to tell your FA how to run their competitions, they were obviously aware of the situation and were fine with it. 
Why should it be up to us to say its not a good idea?
Correct it is not your job. What you should do though having accepted the invitation is make sure your able to fulfill the potential fixtures regardless of whether your season is running or not. Otherwise you shouldn't be accepting the invitation and essentially forcing the game be moved by 3 months to accommodate you. To then not take any precautions to make the pitch playable knowing the forecast just makes it worse.

Definite hints of anti-Irish vibes in some of your comments - why the reference to "Paddy" ?

Referring to somebody being called Paddy is wholly different from referring to a whole swathe of the public as Paddy's as well you know, you also say "hints" in "some" of my comments, as if there are more, care to show me that???

As for the "non-British" comments, don't try and associate that with me, or any of the other posters on here, that IS xenophobic, perhaps you should take that up with the f**k nugget that came out with it!!!