The East Fife Thread

Oh your back? I though you had given up since Darren Young was the worst thing since unsliced bread! Anything to say about the manager or are you to proud?

Delighted he’s turned things round all I want is for east fife to do well at all costs hence my criticism for mr young in which I was not alone. I pay at the gate like everybody else and I’m entitled to voice my own opinion weather you agree or not. last season was an absolute disgrace as was the last 6months of the season before, anybody saying other wise is dreaming. In my opinion and others he should have been gone, east fife disagreed, they’ve reaped the rewards as have the fans, never have I been more delighted to be wrong. U must be purring like a kitten.

58 minutes ago, 7 Eleven said:

When it should get played is the difficult one. The obvious one would be to play this  next Saturday (09/02/19) to allow the following Friday’s (15/02/19) TV game to be unaffected (have Bos provisionally booked their flights for that one?)

I highly doubt it as 15/02/19 is scheduled to be their first league game at home to Finn Harps. 

Seriously lads, never heard such nonsense and moaning from a bunch of supporters. Looking for Bohemians to be thrown out of the competition because of an unplayable pitch on the coldest weekend for years. 

East Fife fans aren't the first set of fans to travel to a postponed game, and you won't be the last. 

Seriously lads, never heard such nonsense and moaning from a bunch of supporters. Looking for Bohemians to be thrown out of the competition because of an unplayable pitch on the coldest weekend for years. 
East Fife fans aren't the first set of fans to travel to a postponed game, and you won't be the last. 

Should have gone ahead on 17th November when the other quarters were played and the game was scheduled for then... the pitch was certainly fine on that date!

5 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Should have gone ahead on 17th November when the other quarters were played and the game was scheduled for then... the pitch was certainly fine on that 

Your problem should really be with the organisers, If they are inviting clubs to play in a competition, take 15 minutes to google when the League of Ireland runs from. We don't play in November December and January, it's as simple as that. 

When we do play in February, sadly we have no control of the weather.

Your problem should really be with the organisers, If they are inviting clubs to play in a competition, take 15 minutes to google when the League of Ireland runs from. We don't play in November December and January, it's as simple as that. 
You shouldn't be accepting an invite to a tournament that takes place in months you don't play either.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:
10 minutes ago, BohsMan said:

You shouldn't be accepting an invite to a tournament that takes place in months you don't play either.

Its not our job to tell your FA how to run their competitions, they were obviously aware of the situation and were fine with it. 

Why should it be up to us to say its not a good idea?

Are you out fishing ?

Regardless of whether Bohemians should be included in a Scottish tournament, whether or not it was the coldest weekend for years...it doesn’t explain why they left it until minutes before the game to call it off.  The decision could and should have been made earlier, ie the day before. A bit of common sense/foresight (check weather forecast!) and decency was required. It doesn’t reflect well on Bohemians as a club

You are spot on - we are not the first and won’t be the last to travel to a postponed game.
However I think the circumstances are a bit different to a normal league fixture. fans had spent a hell of a lot of money, time and effort to get to Dublin so I think they are entitled to be unhappy about the lack of effort on behalf of your club to get the game on.
Why did Bohemians take no precautions to ensure the game would be played ? Covers or alternative venue ?
Why when the groundsman marking the pitch at 10.30 am who spoke with an East Fife fan and told him the pitch was solid in front of the stand, not alert the club to ask for an early inspection and give time to find an alternative venue for a 3.00 pm kick off ?
Why did the club deny the game was in doubt when we were waiting to enter the stadium about 2.00pm ? The Referee was not for the game going ahead at 1.30 when he arrived but agreed to give them time. What steps did Bohemians take at that time to try to get the game on ? Letting players warm up in the area ? Bohemians knew the game was not going to go ahead and allowed fans into the ground for only one reason - to fill their bars so they could make money !
Between fans and partners, family who were not at the ground, the trip will have cost well over 100k between them. And don’t give me the fact that ‘oh well, they’ll have had a good time in Dublin’ Virtually none if any of the Fife fans would have been in Dublin this weekend if it hadn’t‘ been for the fact that our team were playing or due to play Bohemians. East Fife and their fans are the only ones who have lost out through this game. Bohemians have made money from it and that should be all they get from this competition.

9 minutes ago, tikataka said:

Regardless of whether Bohemians should be included in a Scottish tournament, whether or not it was the coldest weekend for years...it doesn’t explain why they left it until minutes before the game to call it off.  The decision could and should have been made earlier, ie the day before. A bit of common sense/foresight (check weather forecast!) and decency was required. It doesn’t reflect well on Bohemians as a club

Again people seem to be under the impression that Bohs called off the game.

It was called off by a Welsh referee with the SFA and FAI reps who wanted  to leave it as late as possible to give the game as much chance as possible.

I fail to see how this is the responsibilty of Bohemians. We had zero say in wether the game went ahead or not.

Utter shite!!!
The Met Office will supply weather forecasts days in advance for you, did any of the incompetents at your Club think to check them, did nobody at your Club think;
"here, it's a bit cold this week better check that our pitch will be up to it after all these guys aren't coming from along the road, they're paying a lot of money to travel a lot of miles to attend this game and we don't want to be shown up as a bunch of 2nd rate amateurs and we better show some professional nous here and do everything in our power to make sure this game goes ahead whether it means getting the pitch covered up in time to protect it or failing that give these guys plenty of notice so that they are able to cancel any travel or accommodation plans they may have in place"
Or was it more like
"Ah Paddy will be opening the place up at one o'clock, we'll get him to look at it"
Think everybody knows now what option your Club took and that is why you should be kicked out of the tournament, in fact you should be fucking fined!!!

5 minutes ago, Bayviewboy said:

You are spot on - we are not the first and won’t be the last to travel to a postponed game.
However I think the circumstances are a bit different to a normal league fixture. fans had spent a hell of a lot of money, time and effort to get to Dublin so I think they are entitled to be unhappy about the lack of effort on behalf of your club to get the game on.
Why did Bohemians take no precautions to ensure the game would be played ? Covers or alternative venue ?
Why when the groundsman marking the pitch at 10.30 am who spoke with an East Fife fan and told him the pitch was solid in front of the stand, not alert the club to ask for an early inspection and give time to find an alternative venue for a 3.00 pm kick off ?
Why did the club deny the game was in doubt when we were waiting to enter the stadium about 2.00pm ? The Referee was not for the game going ahead at 1.30 when he arrived but agreed to give them time. What steps did Bohemians take at that time to try to get the game on ? Letting players warm up in the area ? Bohemians knew the game was not going to go ahead and allowed fans into the ground for only one reason - to fill their bars so they could make money !
Between fans and partners, family who were not at the ground, the trip will have cost well over 100k between them. And don’t give me the fact that ‘oh well, they’ll have had a good time in Dublin’ Virtually none if any of the Fife fans would have been in Dublin this weekend if it hadn’t‘ been for the fact that our team were playing or due to play Bohemians. East Fife and their fans are the only ones who have lost out through this game. Bohemians have made money from it and that should be all they get from this competition.

Levelling a lot of accusations there against Bohs.

No club in Ireland uses covers, I suspect not a whole lot of clubs in the lower regions of Scotish football do either.

Dublin isn't overloaded with all weather pitches that can accomodate up to 3000 fans at short notice.

Do you think the sitution would really have been made better by shutting the bars so as not to be seen to be making money? Really?

8 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Utter shite!!!
The Met Office will supply weather forecasts days in advance for you, did any of the incompetents at your Club think to check them, did nobody at your Club think;
"here, it's a bit cold this week better check that our pitch will be up to it after all these guys aren't coming from along the road, they're paying a lot of money to travel a lot of miles to attend this game and we don't want to be shown up as a bunch of 2nd rate amateurs and we better show some professional nous here and do everything in our power to make sure this game goes ahead whether it means getting the pitch covered up in time to protect it or failing that give these guys plenty of notice so that they are able to cancel any travel or accommodation plans they may have in place"
Or was it more like
"Ah Paddy will be opening the place up at one o'clock, we'll get him to look at it"
Think everybody knows now what option your Club took and that is why you should be kicked out of the tournament, in fact you should be fucking fined!!!

I lost interest reading that by the time I got to "ah Paddy" 

1 minute ago, BohsMan said:

I lost interest reading that by the time I got to "ah Paddy" 

Pretty much sums up the attitude your Club showed towards the game as well!!!

Can tell u haven’t lost hundreds of pound this weekend. With an attitude like that I hope of the tie is rearranged at bayview so we can return the favour on a Wednesday night 5 mins before kick off. But my preference is for all the non- British foreign shite to be removed from future competition. The point is the Park hasn’t been playable for days, no effort was made to make it playable by bohs or the groundsmen in terms of covers or ground work. The game could’ve been called off days ago, The bar manager will be laughing all the way to the Ulster bank this morning.

30 minutes ago, tikataka said:

Again, which part of "Bohs had no say in the game being called off or not" do people not understand?

It was called off by a referee and officials from both associations.

Levelling a lot of accusations there against Bohs.
No club in Ireland uses covers, I suspect not a whole lot of clubs in the lower regions of Scotish football do either.
Dublin isn't overloaded with all weather pitches that can accomodate up to 3000 fans at short notice.
Do you think the sitution would really have been made better by shutting the bars so as not to be seen to be making money? Really?

Also feel free to use this forum as an opportunity to enlighten everybody as to what precautionary measures WERE put in place by your Club to make sure that no accusations could be made towards them regarding negligence or ineptitude!!!

1 minute ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

Can tell u haven’t lost hundreds of pound this weekend. With an attitude like that I hope of the tie is rearranged at bayview so we can return the favour on a Wednesday night 5 mins before kick off. But my preference is for all the non- British foreign shite to be removed from future competition. The point is the Park hasn’t been playable for days, no effort was made to make it playable by bohs or the groundsmen in terms of covers or ground work. The game could’ve been called off days ago, The bar manager will be laughing all the way to the Ulster bank this morning.

Our fans love an away day, genuinely don't think if roles were reversed and we travelled to Scotland for a game to be postponed we would make such a big deal about it.

These things happen all the time in football. It's life, shit happens, get on with it.