The East Fife Thread

49 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Absolutely shambolic.
I'd seriously hope that fixtures reversed now.

Trying again tomorrow could wreck East Fife travel/accomodation plans - and their supporters - and no guarantee conditions will improve. Playing midweek is difficult for either side.

East Fife have a Scottish Cup tie next Saturday (it's also the Irish Supercup in Dublin). SF at Ross County is the following Friday live on TV.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Absolutely shambolic.
I'd seriously hope that fixtures reversed now.

The airport is like a morgue for EF fans.... everyone gutted. Chin up- still undefeated in Europe! As time goes on fans will get angrier as this game should of been cancelled well before 2.58.... walked on pitch never playable today- yesterday - or I suspect tomorrow. Cant believe didn’t have an alternative pitch as back up- cant believe they were talking money off the fans up-to kick-off when knew game would never be played- tbh latter is the most bitter taste and classless by the hosts.

7 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Trying again tomorrow could wreck East Fife travel/accomodation plans - and their supporters - and no guarantee conditions will improve. Playing midweek is difficult for either side.

East Fife have a Scottish Cup tie next Saturday (it's also the Irish Supercup in Dublin). SF at Ross County is the following Friday live on TV.

Sorry but the hosts should be disqualified from the tournament simple as that now, they've had twice to get it playable.

1) their summer break late November = no our faults

2) buffying supporters and have the cheek to call off the game with seven mintues to go whatever it was = again no our fault

SFA should throw them out for a complete waste of time and shut the door on the FAI, hence the awarded of the tie has expired therefore EF should play at Ross county on the date planned infront on tv viewers!!!

PS does anyone know where the final is unless its at tony macaroni stadium? Much perfer it played at Alloa therefore likely to go ahead tbh.

6 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Sorry but the hosts should be disqualified from the tournament simple as that

FWIW: unless Bohemians will travel to Methil midweek I think they should forfeit. They're invited entrants and before today's debacle it got delayed from November to suit them. Gate money should be refunded, and if non-Scottish teams are to continue entering suitable pitch protection/back-up venues should be demanded.

Edited by HibeeJibee

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

FWIW: unless Bohemians will travel to Methil midweek I think they should forfeit. They're invited entrants and before today's debacle it got delayed from November to suit them. Gate money should be refunded, and if non-Scottish teams are to continue entering suitable pitch protection/back-up venues should be demanded.

Absolutely true, this has going on for months we could sit here until end February tie would still be OFF looking at the current climate of minus 5 outside but i get where your coming at gate money should be P&P back to East Fife and dished out to the supporters for their monies worth!!

and if you have no alternatives to play a soccer match then im afraid the SFA should be in east fife's favour of progression to the last four of the tournament and as a scottish tournament altoghter with Bohemians sadly not be re-vited after todays shambolic attemps with the scottish season three months to a close. I dont see them planning to swap a irish team to play in scotland having being tied at home in orginial outcome of the draw was made.  All we can do is wait for Monday outcome between FAI v SFA on the matter for the good of the Irn Bru cup!!!

Absolutely true, this has going on for months we could sit here until end February tie would still be OFF looking at the current climate of minus 5 outside but i get where your coming at gate money should be P&P back to East Fife and dished out to the supporters for their monies worth!!
and if you have no alternatives to play a soccer match then im afraid the SFA should be in east fife's favour of progression to the last four of the tournament and as a scottish tournament altoghter with Bohemians sadly not be re-vited after todays shambolic attemps with the scottish season three months to a close. I dont see them planning to swap a irish team to play in scotland having being tied at home in orginial outcome of the draw was made.  All we can do is wait for Monday outcome between FAI v SFA on the matter for the good of the Irn Bru cup!!!
Fans with tickets both their money back som fans didn't get a ticket because Bohs run out of tickets!!!!

The SPFL,SFA or whoever runs  this competition should hang their heads in shame with this debacle.There should be no non scottish clubs in this competition nor any colt teams.

Sympathy goes to the club and supporters who have spent their hard earned cash to travel over for this game

Personally,this is a competition that should be binned

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Personally,this is a competition that should be binned

Not until East of Fife win the thing too then it shouldn't. Unless the final itself gets postponed until May 2050s of course.....:huh:

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Will the SPFL reimburse East Fife fans in full for what was a complete waste of time, money and effort going to Dublin for a Scottish tournament game that clearly was never going to happen?

Will the SPFL apologise to all concerned and admit they have made a complete c**t off things and award East Fife the tie?

Will the SPFL now realise that their dream tournament simply doesn't work and either scrap this cluster f**k off a tournament all together or leave out colt teams and non Scottish sides and replace with Highland, Lowland and Junior sides who want to participate in this cup?

Will Bohemians FC face punishment for such a late call off, having the cheek to take money off supporters for a game that was never going to go ahead and for failing to even make an attempt to get the game played?

So many questions need answered! We've been fucked about from pillar to post and our board should put the foot down and if things don't go in our favour at so called meeting on Monday we should tell them to ram it, withdraw and refuse to participate in next season's tournament if it's the same format! I'm raging and I didn't even go to Dublin, feel for the supporters who spent a small fortune being there to support the club!

What a complete shambles and heads should roll! Well played Neil Doncaster [emoji867]

Please note, the gate price was refunded BEFORE we left the stadium yesterday. Not sure if they had to,but they did!

20 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:
8 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Please note, the gate price was refunded BEFORE we left the stadium yesterday. Not sure if they had to,but they did!

They did have too  but initially said they weren't. The game hadn't started so legally they were obliged .So let's not praise what was a requirement  reluctantly given. They were still taking admission money at 2.55pm that is wrong and indicative of a bunch of amateurs. 

If East Fife are told they must return and complete the tie I would hope they tell the SFA to poke it and I would fully expect every team to stand by there side,  100% should be now played in methil or the East Fife should be awarded the game,  

How much we’re East Fife given to help with travel??  Players probably out of pocket if it affects there job, Absolute shambles,

On top of that most likely the game against us will be midweek, so loss in hospitality and a lesser crowd, 

Delete this cup, no one cares

I don’t know if someone can make a cover letter that we can all print off, giving a basic description of the absolute shit show that has occurred, and the multiple failings of bohs, the numerous failings of the spfl and Doncaster over the past few years, and finish it up with please find attached an invoice for all travel expenses and costs occurred if not paid within 28 days we will explore legal avenues. A reckon if we done the above all sent the same letter separately to the spfl with our travel costs attached they might actually have to do something

I don’t know if someone can make a cover letter that we can all print off, giving a basic description of the absolute shit show that has occurred, and the multiple failings of bohs, the numerous failings of the spfl and Doncaster over the past few years, and finish it up with please find attached an invoice for all travel expenses and costs occurred if not paid within 28 days we will explore legal avenues. A reckon if we done the above all sent the same letter separately to the spfl with our travel costs attached they might actually have to do something

Very good shout, however there is no way that the SPFL will shell out for it. Your talking 1,000s for our group alone never mind the rest...

Very good shout, however there is no way that the SPFL will shell out for it. Your talking 1,000s for our group alone never mind the rest...

Your right Scott but the bad press it would attract for them would hopefully push them towards a deal, and am sure some lawyer somewhere would be more than willing to take spfl on no win no fee cause if he won his fee would be huge