The East Fife Thread

AO FELLOW FIFERS HEADING TO DUBLIN

Not long now until our European tour begins! Looking to get peoples thoughts...I have the opportunity to have an area set aside in a pub called “The Grand Social” for us Fife fans before the game. I had thought this would be a good idea to get us altogether before heading to the ground - even meeting here about 11.30/12? Looking for a general consensus of whether people are interested in this so that it is worth the managers time and also so that my contact doesn’t going organise it only for me & my dad to show up! 

Please be honest as would rather know. 

The pub itself is handy for the shops & also an easy walk to the ground. Also does pizza and a pint for €12! 

Thanks & let me know!

13 hours ago, IE93 said:

Not long now until our European tour begins! Looking to get peoples thoughts...I have the opportunity to have an area set aside in a pub called “The Grand Social” for us Fife fans before the game. I had thought this would be a good idea to get us altogether before heading to the ground - even meeting here about 11.30/12? Looking for a general consensus of whether people are interested in this so that it is worth the managers time and also so that my contact doesn’t going organise it only for me & my dad to show up! 

The pub itself is handy for the shops & also an easy walk to the ground. Also does pizza and a pint for €12! 

Thanks & let me know!

I'll share this post on the EF vs Bohemians match thread as well.  

A few teams asking about the availability of Craig Thomson Peterhead and Elgin being among the clubs. Thought in out first game at Stark’s Park this season he was outstanding,but has found himself out the picture for a while now. Darren probably waiting to see if he can get players in before letting squad members go with a lot of football coming up over the next 3 months .

1 hour ago, fifer67 said:

A few teams asking about the availability of Craig Thomson Peterhead and Elgin being among the clubs. Thought in out first game at Stark’s Park this season he was outstanding,but has found himself out the picture for a while now. Darren probably waiting to see if he can get players in before letting squad members go with a lot of football coming up over the next 3 months .

He was the best player on the pitch in our League Cup game with St. Johnstone as well!!!

For whatever reason it hasn't worked out for him, he even suffered the ignominity of coming on as a substitute and then being subbed himself in the same game this season, can't remember who it was against, but it is a shame, as we saw last season, there's a player in there definitely!!!

Can’t see him dropping down to league 2. Think league 1 a more likely destination but he won’t be short of offers

10 hours ago, fifer67 said:

Bit gutted if he decides to move on from east fife, i had big hopes he'll play a big part to the season but sadly at times he didn't feature on the bench at times and from dropping down to league one on permanent terms last january ago he failed to live up to hype of doing much than i expected from him i just sense theres a player in him to be a footballer but he comes across his mind frame is elsewhere then fair enough its time for him to gain mintues elsewhere from NB, tbf this second half is CRUCIAL for us and having a squad to get us over the line in PO, compete in the diddy cup(realistic sliverware) and the famous national cup we need players of the first half willingy to win points, defend and scoring enough goals aswell as having a squad pool, with bridey, mcdowall and quite possibly thomson we need 2 or 3 in or like for like better replacements to keep us going on till May certainly wide midfielders , left sider/flanker  and possibly a much experience back up in goalie department with the likes of couser aswell just a strength on the bench plus a much experience camper in the middle quite liked the look of similar to mark hill of forfar there whos finished his loan there from celtic he looked a player at this level.

We have 6 days to either boost what we have left or regret not making any other than extend one on a longer loan. hopefully theres more activity between Saturday thursday but a bit concern that no one else is going to leave therefore signing are made #fingerscrossed

He was the best player on the pitch in our League Cup game with St. Johnstone as well!!!
For whatever reason it hasn't worked out for him, he even suffered the ignominity of coming on as a substitute and then being subbed himself in the same game this season, can't remember who it was against, but it is a shame, as we saw last season, there's a player in there definitely!!!

Wish him well. As others have said was outstanding at St Johnstone- at Arbroath he couldn’t cross the ball from simple positions.!.Other rare times on the pitch was a shadow of the player before therefore manager couldn’t drop others for him based on those performances.

Confidence was clearly at all time low- hope he regains that confidence- Hope budget allows for a strong midfielder who can win the battles on the heavy wet grass pitches...

On 23 January 2019 at 21:37, IE93 said:

Thanks & let me know!

Cheers for the offer but it's still plan A for us. Temple Bar 1030 then work our way to Dalymount for a few beer with the Bohs lads at 1300

image.png

Craig Thomson has signed for Brechin, thoughts?

I like Craig both personally and in football.

He just couldn’t get himself in the team and looked low on confidence. Was incredible in the St Johnstone game. Hope for his sake he can get his career back on track and take some points off our rivals tomorrow

The Train now departing Stranraer is the Fife Express!!!

IMG_0453.thumb.jpg.3f3bbf59e5329f799bf056c8043eb2f9.jpg

This is a non-stop service to Dubln, Mind The Gap, I repeat Mind The Gap (it's only 1 point)!!!

CHOO-FUCKIN'-CHOO MUTHAFUCKAS!!!

21 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

Can’t believe we conceded 3 goals against him that lot today, that Docherty being at fault for all 3. Don’t know what Young sees in him. Bring back Willie Aitchison I say.

The Ref made a great interception in midfield for the first. Still time to get him signed up before the window closes.