The East Fife Thread

Can we stop slagging off lifelong fans whose passion leads them to shout daft remarks we’ve all done it.

Ive no problem with people venting their anger when things aren't working,but don't target individuals by name. It has been proven to have a negative effect on the individual.
If the lifelong diehards had been at Montrose last week, they'd have seen Anton play the exact same game and come off at roughly the same time, ABSOLUTELY fecked. It is part of the game plan.

46 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

Will we play many league games in Feb  as we've got Bohemians Ross County and Partick  to play 

We are due to play Arbroath Home, Brechin Away, and Stenhousemuir Home on these dates.

Having to shoehorn the league games into midweek may well impact on our quest for a top 4 finish.

I can see and hear why Docherty is on the pitch, I can see at times why people have a dig at him, but yesterday when he stopped that shot that was heading towards goal he put his head in the way to stop it you cannot doubt his commitment to the team and the club.

15 hours ago, sneed hearn said:

Can we stop slagging off lifelong fans whose passion leads them to shout daft remarks we’ve all done it.

This is nonsense. It's great that we have lifelong fans that still come every week. If anything the club should be doing more to recognise this. Does it give them a license to be complete wankers to the players every week from the stand? No, it absolutely does not.

30 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Link doesn’t seem to work KK but found it on the DR website. Very good article but have to stress that the opposition (& our own) analysis & meticulous preparation was no different to every other week.

This took me by surprise that teams at our level go to such effort in terms of video analysis and asking the players to do their own analysis work at home. Very impressive, and another reason for fans to stop moaning when Darren makes decisions as they're more often than not made based on very well thought out plans.

ETA - Tried sending the email about the monthly contribution that didn't get through a few weeks ago, hope it's been received!

Edited by Big Fifer

Link doesn’t seem to work KK but found it on the DR website. Very good article but have to stress that the opposition (& our own) analysis & meticulous preparation was no different to every other week.

Fixed!!!

After missing the Montrose game i couldn't wait to see the lads play again and they did not let me down- mon the fife!!

Can see how much it means to the team through their celebrations after the goals as well as the full time whistle. Great passion, which is what a fan like myself loves to see!

Can understand the criticism of Docherty, shoehorned into the team- as clearly Youngs pal- and adds very little however yesterday he was decent.

Now for the sh*t drive down to Stranraer- heres hoping for an important 3 points.

SS

Saturday’s highlights

The corner routine for the first goal is superb. The amount of space they give Dowds is criminal mind you!

Great highlights as always but a question... Have you started speeding up the play on the highlights? In no way a criticism as the job you guys do is great! Just not sure if it’s the same for everyone or just me! Or maybe I’m imagining things..

A win next week would be massive and can open up a bit of a gap for us assuming Forfar get beat, which considering we potentially might not play another league game for 3-4 weeks could be crucial for the run-in!