The East Fife Thread

3 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Is Dowds signed up for next season? What a boi!

He has certainly come in leaps and bounce just keeps on getting better for the laddie and we took that gamble by signing him, now hes until 2020 (hopefully longer!!) the guy is some unit and this squad is toghterness is fantasic from Long to young Bell absolutely amazing.

Fantasic result against another championship team in the cup too. DY turnaround in fortune has been impressive and hopefully we keep on going as a football club. Monthefife

Fair play to Dowds, making a name for himself, works his arse off and earned his contract, what a find btw! Players look to be enjoying themselves too, their reaction at FT alongside the Fife faithful was brilliant. One game at a time they say[emoji460]️

1 hour ago, EFFC1938 said:

Fair play to Dowds, making a name for himself, works his arse off and earned his contract, what a find btw! Players look to be enjoying themselves too, their reaction at FT alongside the Fife faithful was brilliant. One game at a time they sayemoji460.png

Definitely this group of players heirated by DY are joys to watch but wouldn't mind gaffer getting another 1 or 2 in before 31st of this month to fill the gap left by MacDowell and bridey to kinda strengthen us a bit or two. Todays performance was superb and delighted for the players and coaches roll on next weekend...

Absolutely fantastic performance and result yesterday. The pressing was incredible and fitness levels must be the best in the league. Downside for me was sitting next to a section of complete balloons with a personal hatred towards Docherty that bordered on pathetic. One woman kept shouting 'shut yer puss Sparky' every time he spoke on the pitch (captain's role surely) went mad when Dowds went off saying it should have been Docherty (let's take a holding midfielder off for a striker at 1 all) and then cheered when he was subbed. Complete joke. People need to remember that this may be as good as it gets for us at the moment. 3rd in the league, cup runs, beating the Rovers home and away. What more do people want?

The last six games we've played against full times sides.... W5, D1, L0.

Probably says a lot about how fit the squad is.

I heard a few moans about Docherty yesterday as well... absolutely mental. He might not be everyone's favourite but I don't understand why he's being singled out by a small group at all. I think he's been great for us, this season and last. Folk seem to jump on little mistakes from him but others in the team (Dunsmore, Meggatt, Dunlop) are immune when they make a mistake. DY's clearly trying to get the boys to be a bit brave and keep playing a passing game even when they're under pressure. That is always going to result in a few more mistakes getting made than always playing it safe. But it's working and I think a few folk are forgetting some of the crucial contributions Docherty's made for us this season.

The last six games we've played against full times sides.... W5, D1, L0.
Probably says a lot about how fit the squad is.
I heard a few moans about Docherty yesterday as well... absolutely mental. He might not be everyone's favourite but I don't understand why he's being singled out by a small group at all. I think he's been great for us, this season and last. Folk seem to jump on little mistakes from him but others in the team (Dunsmore, Meggatt, Dunlop) are immune when they make a mistake. DY's clearly trying to get the boys to be a bit brave and keep playing a passing game even when they're under pressure. That is always going to result in a few more mistakes getting made than always playing it safe. But it's working and I think a few folk are forgetting some of the crucial contributions Docherty's made for us this season.

Crazy. Anton was clearly fucked after giving 200% for 60 mins. Docherty was leading the team. Why do we always single out a player for shit. So annoying cause it achieves nothing.
This group of boys are unreal! Nobody in that team deserves any abuse as they are completely over achieving to what we are used to.

Raith [emoji736]
Partick [emoji736]
Qots [emoji736]
Raith (again) [emoji736]
Morton [emoji736]

Pretty good record against full time opposition!

Also, totally agree with whoever said this is the best team we've had in the New Bayview era. We've had good teams and good players at times but I don't think we've had a squad and team as complete as this one. This is the first squad we've had where I think we could have a really decent crack at a season in the Championship if we did go up or a really good go at winning the league next season if we don't.

We do have the moaniest support of all time, nothing will shut the complainers up I'm afraid. Been like it for years, it's like some people bottle it up all week just to come out with a vitriolic river of insults for 90 minutes directed at a group of 11 men who represent the team that they claim to supposedly support.

Weirdo behaviour.

It's just some people's nature to moan, yesterday I had a guy behind me moan when we played the short corner that led to our equaliser, as soon as we played it short he said "aww ffs just get it in the box" I couldn't help but turn around and laugh at him when we scored and he said "I'll just shut ma puss son" and laughed. Great day yesterday, real buzz about the place at the moment and long may it continue.

4 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

P.s can we just appreciate how good the corner routines were yesterday? Brilliant short corner and outswinging one at the back post for the second. emoji1419.png

It was an area we all record to have missed last season particluarly crossing and set pieces from corners and also defending corners has been a big improvement if anyone has noticed we are a unit of together which we lack last season too. Onwards and upwards...

Partick at home in the next round it is!!!
We've beaten them already this season no reason we can't do it again!!![emoji1303]

1 hour ago, faither said:

There's a chap near to where sit whose continual shout is "Cmon Young, get it sorted".

His record is shouting it after 3 mimutes 47 seconds.  And yes, I timed him :-)

Can we stop slagging off lifelong fans whose passion leads them to shout daft remarks we’ve all done it.

22 minutes ago, sneed hearn said:

Can we stop slagging off lifelong fans whose passion leads them to shout daft remarks we’ve all done it.

I don't think anyone is slagging him off - good on him for being a diehard - it was an observation on the pecualiaralities of the lower league Scottish fitba fans. My son is an occasional attender these days and couldn't believe the negativity from the section of the stand he was sitting in. 

Again, not a criticism but an observation, but why do so many supporters only open their mouths in a negative fashion when things aren't going well on the park and never see fit to offer a shout of encouragement? 

It's certainly something that's not unique to East Fife but it utterly baffles me...