The East Fife Thread

I can assure you KK that the veracity of the attendance figures at Bayview are bang on every game. The attendances also include comps & hospitality. I’ve said this before but if you were to see the stand from the pitch you’d be gobsmacked at the open spaces. Wish we could film from the far side & that would show that but it’s just impractical.

After yesterday result i would like to keep RC on for another 4/5 months left with us !!??

hopefully Levein slash Heartz allow the extension to happen we'll have to find out within this window.

We are sitting third no far off 2nd place either we're in a better place than what we were last december so we need keep rolling and kicking on stick together vital from young couser, Brett to chris kane who is to settle in the stands these few months can be crucial in latter half of finishing above 5th to finish 8th can happen in a blink off a eye but we need to keep doing what we are doing....next up is a rejevented and " getting there " airdrieonians - a team thats battle for these places usually so we need be ourself and do the job

Finally may i add great to see new comers to the forum thats great so Greetings'

Ps Come on east of fife !!!!!

1 hour ago, LiamA said:

I can assure you KK that the veracity of the attendance figures at Bayview are bang on every game. The attendances also include comps & hospitality. I’ve said this before but if you were to see the stand from the pitch you’d be gobsmacked at the open spaces. Wish we could film from the far side & that would show that but it’s just impractical.

image.gif

On an entirely separate note, and I've mentioned before, can the club PLEASE put something out that allows those like that live in Glesga amongst other far out regions to put money into the club a la Hertz FC? I'd happily have £20 or whatever going to EF out my account each month as I can't attend the home games. Surely can't be that hard to sort oot? Get it advertised min!

58 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

On an entirely separate note, and I've mentioned before, can the club PLEASE put something out that allows those like that live in Glesga amongst other far out regions to put money into the club a la Hertz FC? I'd happily have £20 or whatever going to EF out my account each month as I can't attend the home games. Surely can't be that hard to sort oot? Get it advertised min!

i'll happily enough put wee bit extra even pay for half the season player sponsers would help matters. Im sure we could always set up a wee community club in this region and raise a few i suppose.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

You can donate to the managers fund I am sure?

Can just set up a standing order with the amount you want to contribute and how regularly and get it set up. [emoji1417]

Suggested this months ago but nothing ever came of it.

EFTV interview all directors who explain their role at EF, and what we as fans can do to help the club

The Chairman gives an overview of where the club is.

These interviews would the be reported in the local and national press.

26 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

EFTV interview all directors who explain their role at EF, and what we as fans can do to help the club

Are you ever at Bayview?  If you are, then you will see the directors in action, sorting out hospitality, safety, EFTV, etc, etc

Don't forget how they have turned the club around since the Lee Murray days.  You have a cheek asking them to explain what their roles are at the club.

I'm a fan and give what I can in sponsorship by contacting the club myself.  Managers fund, buying season tickets, buying programmes, entering main sponsors draw, buying various other raffles that are held, are obvious ways for fans to help the club, based on what they can personally afford.

Last I saw, the club is 3rd top in SPFL1.  If I were to become a shareholder, then I would be privy to the financial state of the club.

The club has a website, so what's the point of local and national press reporting?  For a start the local and national press decide what goes in their papers and when was the last time you have read of other club's directors roles in  their respective clubs?

Get real Sammy.  The best way for fans to help the club, is by going to matches, and encourage others to do likewise.

Are you ever at Bayview?  If you are, then you will see the directors in action, sorting out hospitality, safety, EFTV, etc, etc
Don't forget how they have turned the club around since the Lee Murray days.  You have a cheek asking them to explain what their roles are at the club.
I'm a fan and give what I can in sponsorship by contacting the club myself.  Managers fund, buying season tickets, buying programmes, entering main sponsors draw, buying various other raffles that are held, are obvious ways for fans to help the club, based on what they can personally afford.
Last I saw, the club is 3rd top in SPFL1.  If I were to become a shareholder, then I would be privy to the financial state of the club.
The club has a website, so what's the point of local and national press reporting?  For a start the local and national press decide what goes in their papers and when was the last time you have read of other club's directors roles in  their respective clubs?
Get real Sammy.  The best way for fans to help the club, is by going to matches, and encourage others to do likewise.

Bit of a hostile response to a post which wasI don’t feel was slagging the club.

I don’t think it’s cheeky to ask directors to detail what they do. People may not see the good work they’re doing and highlighting it would only help theirs and the clubs brand. And we don’t need to know the financial progress of the club, but it’s always good to know about any goings on that we may not see, ie community work, club developments.

I get your point about national press but local press is a great way to try and get some extra fans through the gates, and as you said that’s the best way to help the club.

We’ve just come off a great win and are in a really good place just now, so let’s not have a go at each other and enjoy the current good times.

Mon The Fife!

Unfortunately, this purely comes down to time. Arranging time to film & interview directors is a challenge in itself but it’s the planning/editing that takes most time. This is something I would like to do but unfortunately it may have to wait till the end of the season.

There will be an updated directors section coming to the website soon which will have a bio about each director (just waiting on a couple now).

1 hour ago, landerson1990 said:

Unfortunately, this purely comes down to time. Arranging time to film & interview directors is a challenge in itself but it’s the planning/editing that takes most time. This is something I would like to do but unfortunately it may have to wait till the end of the season.

There will be an updated directors section coming to the website soon which will have a bio about each director (just waiting on a couple now).

i appreciate the difficulties you will encounter and accept that the close season would be the most appropriate time .

With regard to the "Managers Fund",perhaps a more immediate statement can be made giving guidance to prospective investors.

Edited by sammytroot
Missing letter

18 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Can you not just phone the club office and ask for bank transfer details?  Whether you live in Glesca, Methil or maybe even Timbuktu, you will have to put money in via a bank transfer.  What is so difficult in doing that??  It is so obvious?

Happy New Year in New Zealand  fellow Fifer :thumsup2

Hope all the fans have a great one, still cant stop smiling after that win!

No surprise 2 up top and the back 4 of the 8-in-a-row team led to a great display and being the better team for 85 mins! Just need Liam Watt or Craig Thomson on the left wing and i believe we have a real chance at the top 4.... still only half way through the season of course- plenty twists and turns to come no doubt.

In the mean time, Happy 2019 when it comes.

SS

Can you not just phone the club office and ask for bank transfer details?  Whether you live in Glesca, Methil or maybe even Timbuktu, you will have to put money in via a bank transfer.  What is so difficult in doing that??  It is so obvious?
You're absolutely right. And I'll do just that.

But I'm just one person, me contributing 20 quid a month is worthless. Me and 100 others doing it is significant which is why it should be advertised further. I remember the manager's fund being set up in the Crawford era but we don't hear anything about it now.

The club needs to increase its revenue from all avenues. As much as Laura saying earlier that if the extra 150 fans that went on Saturday that's a huge amount for the club, it's not realistic. Festive period including a derby brings a lot of people who are just at home for Xmas and then disappear for again. I'm Glesga and the boys I went with live and work in Shetland and Portsmouth. The guy behind me came up from Newcastle. There'll be loads like this. So really the revenue needs split into how we can maximize match day revenue but also from chumps like me that can only really attend 5/6 home games a season. I'd pay a tenner a month for EFTV alone!!

Anyway, this debate can be had in 2019. Hope all fellow fifers have a good one tonight!