The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, fatdoug1938 said:
4 hours ago, LiamA said:
Dingwall away on a Friday night will be our reward if get past The Bohs in February, you couldn't make it up!!!

Our best bet is to have a nice time in Dublin but narrowly lose!!!

Friday night or not, it's a cup semi final. Doesn't happen very often8)

And Dingwall is a pretty straightforward journey.

Straight forward!! Even the camels refuse to go there. But in all seriousness, who actually dreams these ideas up?? Can we all get some of that stuff. Players and support need to take at least half day off. The thought of the drive back after the game is awful of it were in May or August, but bloody February, it's a nonsense.

44 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:
1 hour ago, Stevo Fife said:

Straight forward!! Even the camels refuse to go there. But in all seriousness, who actually dreams these ideas up?? Can we all get some of that stuff. Players and support need to take at least half day off. The thought of the drive back after the game is awful of it were in May or August, but bloody February, it's a nonsense.

Not disputing any of that and agree that a Friday night is taking the piss.

The whole cup has been a bit of a shambles this season but at least we got into Europe :thumsup2

Not disputing any of that and agree that a Friday night is taking the piss.
The whole cup has been a bit of a shambles this season but at least we got into Europe :thumsup2

We managed that in the "Scottish" without all the drama and faffing around that this Challenge Cup arseache has had following it!!!

good news about that the manager is hoping to extend striker Currie until end of the season thats good hope, hopefully we can sign one or two extra bodies in january aswell as iv pervious said would like to see Andy Driver a player with bags of experience was released by a dutch club end of last season and without a club having played for the hearts and aboard in the past! He would be a player with knowlegde and experience at this level a player that can play on the left side and another body in either defence or midfield that has strength and attuide to commit or a dude that we can bring in on loan on the rather cheap option.

aswell start to build for next season ie Long, Dunsmore, Watt and King Kebabs favourite” Meggatt!! on new deals.

22 hours ago, King Kebab said:

We managed that in the "Scottish" without all the drama and faffing around that this Challenge Cup arseache has had following it!!!

We have won three games to get this far. Our first win at Central Park in 24 years and two wins against full-time Championship sides. It's been a shambles from the SPFL but  I really think we need to get behind the lads...

We have won three games to get this far. Our first win at Central Park in 24 years and two wins against full-time Championship sides. It's been a shambles from the SPFL but  I really think we need to get behind the lads...

A complete non argument there Angus, nobody has said anything about not supporting the team, just comments regarding the way the SPFL have put obstacle after obstacle in front of us in our efforts to, as you say, get behind the lads!!!

Angus, you've completely missed the point! The issue is not getting behind the lads, it's actually getting to the game , to get behind the lads. If my current contracted employer stick to the letter of contract, I won't be there. Unless Doc and Marty can pick me up in the Delorean.
Also, from a pure health and safety aspect, why are the authorities forcing fans to drive the A9 in the middle of February at 10 pm, as this is probably the only mode of transport available.

Angus, you've completely missed the point! The issue is not getting behind the lads, it's actually getting to the game , to get behind the lads. If my current contracted employer stick to the letter of contract, I won't be there. Unless Doc and Marty can pick me up in the Delorean.
Also, from a pure health and safety aspect, why are the authorities forcing fans to drive the A9 in the middle of February at 10 pm, as this is probably the only mode of transport available.
And I do apologise for being presumptuous to Bohemians supporters, who if they win in Dublin, will have exactly the same issues.

On 09/12/2018 at 02:28, ewan_fife said:

Is Craig Thomson injured?

Your stole my words was thinking the same thing as Craig hasn't featured much nor been amongst the bench. Don't get me wrong we have a squad roaster of 21 players (If couser counts!) it does feel hard to keep the squad happy in the way we have rotated the squad as late hes no where to be seen but i think i would have like to see more from the boy, no news if there was a injury.

Good news there regarding Bell, thought he has been excellent whenever he has appeared, especially during the Raith games and in his finally getting a start in the last few games he has shown his abilities quite admirably!!!
Good signing, happy with that!!!

Right, time to get him to hone his interview techniques, he is practising apparently!  :whistle:whistle

Delighted for him tbh, I've been impressed with him every time I've seen him!!!

Good work from the Board, but would be even more delighted if we got news of the more "senior" players getting signed up, obviously talking about the likes of Meggatt, Long and Watson amongst others!!!

Good news there regarding Bell, thought he has been excellent whenever he has appeared, especially during the Raith games and in his finally getting a start in the last few games he has shown his abilities quite admirably!!!
Good signing, happy with that!!!

Agreed- been excellent past few weeks when he has been given a run in the team. He brings much needed energy to the middle of the park.

Delighted with Bell signing on a long term deal! He has definitely earned that. Our boys we signed on amateur deals are certainly showing why they have been given new deals!

I’m sure that Darren will be sitting with contracts ready or in process with other players as IMO this is our best team for a long time.

Also think that the board (Liam & Angus take note ;) ) have been sitting going over contracts for the manager and his coaching staff. We are sitting in our highest position for more than a lifetime for some support and are pushing our full time rivals along the road too!

Thanks Scott, we were just saying at the last board meeting that we were sure there was something that we should be attending to but no one could remember what it was!

I'll make sure it's on the agenda for the next board meeting now! :whistle:whistle

It is less hassle  to go to and return from Dublin! (For a second time :unsure2:)That said, a few of us talking about an overnighter in Dingwall - regardless of who wins in Dublin. EFMB away strip will be red and black (just in case :whistle).