The East Fife Thread

They can f**k right Off with getting it brought forward as well!!!

We play the other "Top 4" Clubs and what will be a "New Manager Bouncing" Dumbarton over the next 4 weeks, I know which games are more important and it's not this sideshow in Dublin!!!

Think of the expense to the Club, yes I know they get some money from the sponsers, but added expenditure come from the Club!!!

Also if Bohemians are trying to get the tie shifted that would mean midweek, how easy do you think it's going to be for out PT squad to get time off their respective work to fly out to bloody Dublin for a couple of days midweek???

If the tie gets brought forward I think WE would be better forfeiting it, it was fun while it lasted but the competition is now showing how inane and worthless it really is!!!

1 minute ago, King Kebab said:

They can f**k right Off with getting it brought forward as well!!!
We play the other "Top 4" Clubs and what will be a "New Manager Bouncing" Dumbarton over the next 4 weeks, I know which games are more important and it's not this sideshow in Dublin!!!
Think of the expense to the Club, yes I know they get some money from the sponsers, but added expenditure come from the Club!!!
Also if Bohemians are trying to get the tie shifted that would mean midweek, how easy do you think it's going to be for out PT squad to get time off their respective work to fly out to bloody Dublin for a couple of days midweek???
I think we would be better forfeiting it, it was fun while it lasted but the competition is now showing how inane and not worth it it is!!!

If the club are put into this position I think they'd have the fans support for forfeiting the match. However, the SPFL should not put us in that position. You can't take the danger of a forfeit away from the Irish invitees and slap the burden onto the SPFL club you're supposed to represent. Although, Neil Doncaster.

Hopefully the club just completely refuse to the tie being brought forward especially as it’ll be midweek.

^^^ absolutely this!!!
I would hope the idea isn't even entertained by the Club, if Bohemians can't fulfil their fixtures that is not our worry!!!
I said this competition was a pain in the arse since they introduced the Colts and the Foreign teams and it looks like we could be the first team to actually suffer for their inclusion as I could quite readily see the SPFL sanctioning a date move so it deflects from the issue of them inviting teams who might technically not exist as a team while the competition is running!!!

33 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

They can get themselves to absolute f**k with that tbh. Play the tie or forfeit it.

This is what I don't get. Surely when we approached these leagues and asked them if they were interested we told them the dates that each tie would be played on? In which case, Bohemians are entirely aware that they need a squad together for this date and if they can't fulfil it then they surely forfeit. Given that each year we seem to get clashes with other cup ties for these teams as well, I wonder if anyone actually does any organising at all with this cup or if we really are just winging it each year and hoping something can be worked out when the shit hits the fan.

30 minutes ago, T-zero said:

Hopefully the club just completely refuse to the tie being brought forward especially as it’ll be midweek.

^^^^ This.

and what happens if BoH win, will they then want the semi brought forward too!

Shambles - no way should this be a midweek tie. Absolutely no way!!

^^^^ This.
and what happens if BoH win, will they then want the semi brought forward too!
Shambles - no way should this be a midweek tie. Absolutely no way!!

So all the other Quarter finals will have to obviously be brought forward as well, as the SPFL will want to accommodate their guests otherwise their inclusion will look like a bad idea!!!

Can EF not refuse to change the date it's played regardless?

You would hope so, but I can see the SPFL enforcing a date change in order to cover up their own incompetence!!!

Think the Club are going to have to make a stand and tell Bohemians that they have to play on the date or scratch, not the ideal way to go through in a cup tournament but if you look at our fixture list for the next 4 weeks;
Brechin City (h)
Dumbarton (a)
Arbroath (a)
Raith Rovers (h)
We certainly can be doing without any unnecessary mid week games in the middle of that!!!
Or League is too tight and is more important to be risking additional injury and fatigue to our squad, these games are our bread and butter this cup isn't!!!

Also do t think any of those teams would be prepared to scratch our Saturday games with them in order to allow us to play Bohemians in their place and create awkward future midweek fixtures for themselves!!!
If fact didn't Raith and Arbroath "allegedly put out weakened sides to exit the competition themselves, so would be doubly against allowing it to impinge on them further???

An unenviable position for East Fife just now. I certainly hope the club don't roll over and get their belly tickled on this one, and if approached about a "date swap" I really hope they tell them where to go, it'll be interesting to see what line the organisers take with this one, but I hope you dish out a GIRUY .

1 hour ago, DIB said:

..and if they were to beat us and get to the semi finals? I was looking forward to going across for the game but this is turning into even more of a farce than it already was.

I looked at that and the semis are in Feb, which looks like it shouldn't be a problem for Irish sides as their league starts in Feb 2019.

The only reasonable date switch would seem to be the 23rd or 24th of Oct. Absolutely no way we should be agreeing to those dates. And if the SPFL try to force it on us, we should withdraw from the competition, 100%.

Also do t think any of those teams would be prepared to scratch our Saturday games with them in order to allow us to play Bohemians in their place and create awkward future midweek fixtures for themselves!!!
If fact didn't Raith and Arbroath "allegedly put out weakened sides to exit the competition themselves, so would be doubly against allowing it to impinge on them further???

We never put out weakened teams to exit the competition we wanted to get through, even though we got pumped. Just used it to give all our squad games.

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We never put out weakened teams to exit the competition we wanted to get through, even though we got pumped. Just used it to give all our squad games.

image.gif