The East Fife Thread

Think Courty told a wee while to adjust from ft to pt & it maybe took the shock of Anton Dowds overtaking him in the pecking order but wow has he reacted well! Maybe not a lot of goals but do not underestimate his contribution to this run. Like everyone else in the squad he has given his all to the cause while both he & Anton have reacted in the right way to being rested over the last 2 weeks.
The guys on the pitch must be looking at our bench & thinking if I don’t perform lm out & the ones on the bench must be thing HTF am I going to get back into this team. Listen the choo choo might run out of coal next week or the week after but this is fun to watch right now!

It's not just the wins Liam, it's the manner of the wins. Every one has been deserved. We went on the run with BS, but half them were luck included victories.These are all solid team performances, the lean sheets are as impressive as the 2 goals a game.

29 minutes ago, The Pastmaster said:

I see Albion Rovers have signed  " ex East Fife striker Rob Jones"................any thoughts guys ...will he do  a job in  poor side ...?

He never really got an extended run in the side so it's difficult to judge how good a signing he'll be. Scored a lot of goals in the Lowland League before joining us apparently and always looked handy enough when he got on the park. Big guy but not necessarily a 'target man' was my impression. I'd imagine he'll be decent signing, especially given how dire things are looking for you guys this season.

I see Albion Rovers have signed  " ex East Fife striker Rob Jones"................any thoughts guys ...will he do  a job in  poor side ...?

Will be a better option than the majority of your players. Has a point to prove as wasn’t given too much of a chance at us to get in front of Duggan but looked handy enough

It's not just the wins Liam, it's the manner of the wins. Every one has been deserved. We went on the run with BS, but half them were luck included victories.These are all solid team performances, the lean sheets are as impressive as the 2 goals a game.

Totally agree, no lucky wins and some great football being played, the defence looks as solid as i can remember in a long time.
The only disappointment yesterday was the size of the crowd, i know the weather was horrible but i hoped that with the team on a great run we would get a boost on the crowd, hopefully the weather will be better next Saturday and we can get a few extra on the gate.

I believe the challenge cup draw is today? Who we fancying? For me away to QP, Motherwell U20s or Edinburgh City for purely selfish reasons of making it easy for me to travel to. I'd imagine whilst the fans would like a trip to Dublin or Wales the club could do without the expenditure...

Best news yet, hope they have to forfeit the tie, what a nonsense the Club can do without, why would anybody wish the Club to have to organise a trip to bloody Dublin in the middle of an already more important league schedule???

Buzzing it’s an away day to Ireland. That’s where the buzz stops.
Will be a nightmare for the club and fans/players.
The tie better not be moved forward as it will cause congestion and how many fans can take a couple days off midweek for a game never mind the players and management.
Better off with their forfeiting and us getting through on a bye

If their final league game is the 26th then surely they'd be looking to play it by the 3rd of Nov at the latest. I'm not sure when exactly their players' contracts run out.

They can get themselves to absolute f**k with that tbh. Play the tie or forfeit it.

If it's brought forward to be inkeeping with their 26th of October date, then surely it'll have to be midweek next week? Surely the SPFL can't allow that, and if they do, it's a massive kick in the stones for a) the fans who probably can't organise a midweek trip to Ireland on such short notice and b) the club who now have to pay expensive last minute flights for the players (and the fans pay them too!). Cheeky wee #forfeit furra lads??!